Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #26: $4 Million Stretch Goal - Chris Avellone Will Play Arcanum

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
My bet it will be ready in 2 years, so many shit to implement like 5367544 npcs and taverns, meanwhile we will play DA3 or something.

kazgar

Arcane
That livestream is pretty bad. (from the textbox update side, less so from the obsidian side)

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Eh, the final stretch goal is exactly what it should be, especially since even hitting the 3,5 million mark wasn't certain until today. I'd be more worried had they actually announced some brand new feature on the last day of the KickStarter just to get a few more dollars.

Coyote

Arcane
Backers
$3,986,794
pledged of $1,100,000 goal
seconds to go

Maybe he can just play Arcanum up to the Void, then?

Edit: Looks like the number is still going up. Now it's at $3,986,929.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Unless he does a LP, we will have no evidence he plays Arcanum. Agreed. He should do one in this very forum so we can analyze every screenshot, every combat mathematics, and make sure he's not fooling us. This is our money !:mob:

Cynic

Arcane
If that's the way the games are made at Obsidian then that explains a lot. Ehh... You see, it is evident that all those promises, all those talks and assurances were just smoke and mirrors. Random ideas without grounds for anything. A fantasy sold to the crowd - "wouldn't it be fun if....?".

This may turn out to be a good thing because some of Sawyer's ideas were fucking retarded. Now you know what they need to do

backpedal on RTwP :troll:

ironyuri

What was their final total with paypal and forum donations, over and above KS?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Jesus Christ. They ran out of ideas and do not care to earn more at this point. So much for the "plan". :facepalm:
Huh? They stole codex ideas once again. Last time people here were quite positive about it. Why would you suddenly expect OE to come up with their own ideas?

Anyway, I didn't expect a He-Man RPG to raise this much money but Project Eternia pulled it off :bro:

So, all you MCA fanbois, if he chickens out of playing Arcanum because "Hey, paypal is shit, so it doesn't count! And anyway, after KS and Amazon detract their cut we're significantly under 4 mio.", will you still love him? Will you love a chicken?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well they got at least $9k through PayPal from the Codex. That alone takes them to $3,995,929.

Oh Codexers, if only you'd managed another $5k!

I'm pretty sure they're over the $4M though.

Shevek

Arcane
Hehe, lemme get this straight, MCA has to play Arcanum, draw a bunch of personalized Troll toons, AND write a novella. So, uh, will he have time to help make the actual game?

Balor

Arcane
Well, a 'bunch' is more like 50 or something. Not a huge deal, given they are pretty minimalistic. Novella is not a novel - it would not take a huge time (Hopefully... he might as well 'pull a Martin'). And for 'playing' Arcanum - he does not have to complete it 10 times or something. One playthrough (as a mage, with teleport spells and harm-spam) and reading a couple of let's plays would be enough I guess, and would not take long at all.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hehe, lemme get this straight, MCA has to play Arcanum, draw a bunch of personalized Troll toons, AND write a novella. So, uh, will he have time to help make the actual game?

He'll make time.

Seriously, MCA is some kind of wizard. I don't know how he finds time to do all the stuff he does, including very patient and constant fan interaction, but somehow, he does. Only explanation? Time Wizard.

Balor

Arcane
Chris avellone needs to prove that he does play Arcanum.... With a lets play!
I would pay very real money to see this happen.

Yea, some let's play are MORE interesting to read then actually play (KOTOR2 by Scorchy for instance: +wit, -boring combats), and one by Avellone is bound to be epic... and for 4mil, I'd say he'd better do it! Someone should have made him promise that while he was drunk :D.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ. They ran out of ideas and do not care to earn more at this point. So much for the "plan". :facepalm:
Total money: ~4.150.000 dollars. Any questions?

That stretch goal was the sensible thing to do. This game is too huge as it is, at least they didn't overpromise even more.

Again: 4.150.000 fucking dollars. All you naysayers can suck it. :smug:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
:excellent:
Cheers to Obsidian! Now I just have to avoid dying for the next year and a half.
:brodex::takemymoney::love::takemyjewgold::martini:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom