Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rape. (new image at official FO3 site)

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
New image at the official Fallout 3 site.

capitol_m.jpg

Nice. Washington, yuo'd think it was one of the main targets of the nukes. So many building intact. Lovely blue sky. Lovely wasteland. I can really see myself scavenging through all that looking for "ye olde lost tech", what with the Capitol building still standing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are the streets looking so intact? And why isn't it more ruined? Or built up again, like San Francisco or New Reno?
Heck, either it is a rebuilt city or it is a completely ruined city. This looks like some half-assed fucky thingy. And it doesn't look like Fallout at all. It looks like Berlin after World War 2, and not like one of the cities in Fallout. Crap.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
And why the fuck is the ground so green, it looks like there's grass growing. It's a fucking wasteland goddammit, not a botanic garden!!!

Punck_D

Novice
This. Is. Not. Fallout.

Half-assed is the right term here. No creativity in sight. Just plain stupidity and laziness.

Deleted member 7219

Actually kids, not every nuke turns everything to dust.

Take a look at the aerial photographs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. Many buildings were still standing.

Hory

Erudite
Matt7895 said:
Actually kids, not every nuke turns everything to dust.

Take a look at the aerial photographs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. Many buildings were still standing.
True. You're all a bunch of whiners. The picture is OK.

Surgey

Scholar
Kingston said:
Did I mention it looks like the 1950's?

You're an idiot.

I like the picture, but it doesn't fit classic Fallout. Also, I only see about 3 or 4 buildings standing, I don't see what's wrong with that. Quit being such a little bitch.

Lumpy

Arcane
The den looked pretty much the same.
And so did LA.
Stop bitching.

Zomg

Arbiter
IIRC The Glow was hit directly by a nuke, and was still mostly intact, which suggests to me the Fallout nukes are not Tsar Bombas. I know you guys are pissed but you should feel around for a decent handhold before going into attack mode.

However, not knocking over the weird tranny Gaia-dick-fucking-the-sky Washington Monument is a bit of a puzzler to me.

Deleted member 7219

Kingston said:
Oh yea, I remember all those intact buildings in Fallout.

... oh wait ...

Yeah, I remember Fallout was set on the East Coast in Washington D.C.

Oh wait....

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Where are the corregated iron shanty shacks or the walls built from burned out cars? It's pretty hard to make out any human activity in that shot at all and certainly doesn't evoke anything particularly Fallout-y.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Yeah, I want to see some real in game/engine shots before commenting on what they manage to come out with. The fact that they're already blowing the "acting" budget on the likes of Liam Neeson, however, is not a good sign...

Globbi

Augur
I guess it's much better than San Francisco in F2, but it doesn't look like the city was destroyed in a nuclear war. It may have survived and be destryed slowly by some disasters.

Seboss

Liturgist
I like the picture. It looks like a frozen urban wasteland which is a nice touch. I'm rather fed up with the yellowish wasteland cliché.
Capitol should not be standing though but the point of this art is to obviously hint that the game is set on the East Coast so...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
cutterjohn said:
Yeah, I want to see some real in game/engine shots before commenting on what they manage to come out with. The fact that they're already blowing the "acting" budget on the likes of Liam Neeson, however, is not a good sign...

Why the fuck do they hire such "professionals" [that is, actors which have no real PC game voice acting experience but are goign to be hype for the game because of their fame] for such ridiculous amounts of money if they could afford dozens of good voiceactors for the same amount of money and at least pull off some good voice acting. The fucking bad voiceacting was one of the things that killed the athmosphere of Shivering Isles for me, everyone sounded just soooo fucking boring.

Surgey

Scholar
Seboss said:
I like the picture. It looks like a frozen urban wasteland which is a nice touch. I'm rather fed up with the yellowish wasteland cliché.
Capitol should not be standing though but the point of this art is to obviously hint that the game is set on the East Coast so...

Yeah, it's like the entire US has to be an arid desert covered with tumbleweeds and cacti to be a wasteland. I mean, that picture looks pretty dreary and cloudy to me.

Where are the corregated iron shanty shacks or the walls built from burned out cars? It's pretty hard to make out any human activity in that shot at all and certainly doesn't evoke anything particularly Fallout-y.

Maybe it's too irradiated? Maybe there's something there stopping people from living there? Maybe there's some raiders hiding out waiting to kill people? Also, why build shanties when you can just live in the Capitol?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom