Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me base building+adventure

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Recommend me base building+adventure.
You go dungeon crawling or adventure, come back and spend loot on building base. Base could be adventurer's guild, spaceship, wizard tower, evil fortress etc.

Like Stardew Valley but not a farm and more adventure.
Terraria & Spacebound bases are too basic.
BG2 and other RPGs bases are also too simplified.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
a few codexians swear by fallout 4's base building mechanic

havent tried it myself
It's the only good thing about the game, the problem is, bases serve almost no purpose whatsoever.

So as a recommendation, definitely Kenshi.

Personally I prefer Rimworld (with shitloads of mods on top), but it's more like adventures come to you, though you can actually travel to different places.

You could also try Factorio.

And don't let the graphics of either three fool you. They are all REALLY complex games.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Kenshi is good but the problem is that having a base kind of changes the nature of the game away from adventuring.
RimWorld is more building than adventuring and - if unmodded - has the nasty issue of exponentially increasing difficulty.

Conan Exiles maybe? Playing it solo is a pain though.

Comte

Fallout 4 build up settlements go on dungeon crawls in the ruins of Boston. Fight raiders.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, Unreal World is amazing about building your own base. What, exactly, is your ideal home map? Some like riverside, some like seaside, some like hilly, some like cave. Some like building a 5x5 house. Some like 10x10 if possible. Me, a 5x5 house map plus two or three planting field nearby is a must~

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
Yeah, Unreal World is amazing about building your own base. What, exactly, is your ideal home map? Some like riverside, some like seaside, some like hilly, some like cave. Some like building a 5x5 house. Some like 10x10 if possible. Me, a 5x5 house map plus two or three planting field nearby is a must~

I am a sucker for riverside property. I basically booby trap the a section of the river and set up my fishing traps.

laclongquan

Arcane
Riverside is frozen in winter. For stability, building a white water riverside is better as it doesnt change in winter.

Nothing like a pack of reindeer running through your frozen homebase to ruin the scenery with hoof marks.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Balrum is what you're looking for.

However, for a full base-building/adventure experience you should go for

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

This. But make sure to play the stable version, there is a lot of controversial stuff currently happening in the dev build. I sorta dropped it after they implemented the new hunger system. Basically the game encouraged you to start as fat as possible and remain fat for as long as possible.

Maybe something changed since then.

For a more casul experience look up Mount and Blade mods. My all-time fav will always be Brytenwalda.

For something even more casul can't go wrong with Thea. It's simple, but rather fun while it lasts.

i see kenshi mentioned a lot, but base building kills any fun in kenshi, because once settled the game moves from exploration and being beaten up every 10 meters to exploiting every single aspect of the game and developing a self-sufficient community. once the base has all the essentials automated all that's left is larping.

iirc pillars of eternity has some base building but i'm guilty of never having played past settling.

pathfinder has more than base building: it has city building! but i didn't go far in the game 'cause bugs, lots of bugs. i have no idea what's the state of the game now or if it's even been completed, i'm going back only if it's not going to get any more dlcs and expansions.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
i see kenshi mentioned a lot, but base building kills any fun in kenshi, because once settled the game moves from exploration and being beaten up every 10 meters to exploiting every single aspect of the game and developing a self-sufficient community. once the base has all the essentials automated all that's left is larping.

But by the time you reach that point you've already had 50-100 hours of fun. The game doesn't need to last indefinitely to be worth playing. Going from settled to fully automated with high tier stuff requires a ton of work and exploration

Gregz

Arcane
Recommend me base building+adventure.
You go dungeon crawling or adventure, come back and spend loot on building base. Base could be adventurer's guild, spaceship, wizard tower, evil fortress etc.

I'll get downvoted into the 9th level of hell for this, but you can build very very sophisticated bases in Fallout 4.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
iirc pillars of eternity has some base building but i'm guilty of never having played past settling.
There is some. You take control of a stronghold and add expansions and upgrades. This, however, isn't unlocked until some time into the game, and I don't think OP might have the patience to wait that long for a small game feature.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My Summer Car.

But instead of base, you build a car. Anc adventuring means doing chores like empting sepctic tanks to get money for booze and sausages. Part of the thrill comes from avoiding permadeath while DUI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom