Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended games

Chadeo

Liturgist
I think this would be a useful section to have on the site. Don't bother ranking the games, just list a handful of RPGs that you think people will enjoy. Perhaps break it down into sections like "New", "Classic", and "Independent" or something.

Just a thought.

You could add a forum or topic for user suggestions as well.

Rosh

Erudite
All of the Avernum games are good, and I'd also have to say any pre-Ultima 8 games.

Spazmo

Erudite
CCR, this has been bugging me for a while: it's Morrowind, not Morrorwind.

Aside from that, there's a fun game called ragging on NWN that people around here play a lot.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Constipated Craprunner said:
Avernum 1-3
Prelude to Darkness
Geneforge
I already did. How could you miss it?
Not aware of other Spirderware games.
CCR, this has been bugging me for a while: it's Morrowind, not Morrorwind.
Why should I, an American from the 21st century be restricted to the grahmarical limitations of some dead nobility from the 18th? As long as I get the idea across, it has no meaning. Language is about getting ideas across. Simple, good.
Whatever. I don’t have time to get into this argument, and thanks for the heads up. I will try to stop writing it that way.

Rosh

Erudite
Constipated Craprunner said:
I already did. How could you miss it?
Not aware of other Spirderware games.

You only had Avernum 3 there the first time.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
but your spelling does affect what people think of you.
Exactly- Spelling has nothing to do with one's ideas, but at the same time it is an immideate judge of people. For the most part of history, higher Gramr has been an insto-classist test.
If I where to tell you "I think that fallout is stupid", you would put more volidity into that person's opinon than if someone says "Dudez I thikn terefor I are, terefor mi idae haz a univerrse".
IT is completly unfair, let alone awful.
Also, in many ways you could examine the history of language along with the development of classes- just look at Greek, or the Romantic languages. For thousands of years they where needlessly complex primarily to distinguish between the diffirent sects (weather they are slaves and Priests or MAcedonians and Spartans). Now, however, language has become more accesable.
While I realize that basic gramr is absolutley essential (you would not understand me if I was writing in $#!%^#%#$^#$s), most of it is not.
Although this idea probably developed due to my clinging to Orthodox Socalisim at a young age, but I still belive it is largely true.
Anyway, could I add Mideval? IT appears that I am developing an official list.

Jed

Cipher
The first time I beat Morrowind, I made a post to the appropriate ForumPlanet board entitled:

I AM TEH NECTARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1

Sassiness for sassiness' sake.

J

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom