Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retry to plsy

Thirinel

Novice
My program exe is corrupted. In Barrier, some doors won't respond and in the Barrier sewers, there are paths I cannot take -- paths I took with a former group. This prevents me from reaching the group of fighters, CCC et al. At that point, the game wouldn't let me access the options menu and I had to turn off power to exit. In that general area the group fragments with one or two appearing on the other side of the sewer. On the surface, I cannot open some of the doors.

S-O I used the undelete program, copied my save files to another area and then wiped out what was left in the program folder. Reinstalled game and saves are gone but game recognizes me as a paid user.

Now I would like to continue with my saved groups and does anyone posting know what is kept in those files? Will I have the same problems?

Another odd thing is that the difficulty level seemed to be wrong. I was running it at normal with a low-level group with just Kellen and part of the Academy experience and I was getting bandits in two groups of 4 or more each and many archers. Also got large groups of lupins. Tried resetting it and then normal gave me just 1 lupin or 2 bandits, etc, with a more experienced group.

Any helo would be appreciated. I like the game but am frustrated that it becomes unplayable when I am about halfway through the game.

Thirinel

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The sewers are tricky, and very maze-like at times. I think the problem is with the pathfinding and such a complex situation as the sewer. I had some problem navigating it myself.

Reinstalled game and saves are gone but game recognizes me as a paid user.

It stores the key in your registry. As long as you don't do a registry wipe/clean, change computers, etc., you'll always be registered on that machine.

Now I would like to continue with my saved groups and does anyone posting know what is kept in those files? Will I have the same problems?

That depends on what caused those problems, like with the door thing. I've never seen that one, but then again, it's been a while since I've played PtD. That might be a new bug introduced by the last patch, or maybe I was just lucky enough not to have seen it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom