Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

Codex Year of the Donut
As far as the RNG - I'll gather feedback once the changes go live for everyone to try. The changes aren't as major as they seem. The key here is that if you are standing 2 feet away from an enemy with a shotgun, have 90%+ chance to hit and miss completely two or three times, it feels a bit awkward for some players. Lets see how it goes. I'm always making adjustments to the game when they make sense.

Part of the problem is that the game is not exposing some of the information it should yet, like enemy evasion etc. Most of these complaints are coming from encounters with enemies with very high evasion, like Arachs - specifically when they die a few times to the Brood Mother. I'll try to get that information in for the next update or shortly after.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes and make any needed adjustments. I'm used to misses when rolling - doesn't bother me at all. For others it's just inconceivable that they would miss with a high CTH.
Actually, that would make more sense for a shotgun special ability than for a general rule.

People complain about RNG, but RNG heavy games seem to be utterly destroying games without it when it comes to turn based RPG, so I would encourage you not to pay too much attention to the whiners.

I think that XCOM RNG would have got much less flak if there had been a dodge animation.

Actually, I would rather have melee add to evasion at point blank range, as the target should be wrestling for the gun.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is one of the best selling RPGs in recent memory and it specifically moved away from the heavy RNG its predecessor had.

To be fair, it wasn't really RNG after you were a few hours in because you just had (near? its been a while) 100% immunity to everything and it broke the game.
One reason it sold well was because the 1 was great, which allowed them to build a lot of hype, and get players to blind purchase the sequel.

Actually, removing the RNG was one of the reason we ended up with this armor that blocks everything abortion.

Granted, it was not as bad as the change to the initiative system, but I don't think it is a good exemple of a game that improved by removing RNG elements.
People who dislike the armor system should stick to dice rolling games, and probably never go near a chess board unless they're intending to play checkers.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
As far as the RNG - I'll gather feedback once the changes go live for everyone to try. The changes aren't as major as they seem. The key here is that if you are standing 2 feet away from an enemy with a shotgun, have 90%+ chance to hit and miss completely two or three times, it feels a bit awkward for some players. Lets see how it goes. I'm always making adjustments to the game when they make sense.

Part of the problem is that the game is not exposing some of the information it should yet, like enemy evasion etc. Most of these complaints are coming from encounters with enemies with very high evasion, like Arachs - specifically when they die a few times to the Brood Mother. I'll try to get that information in for the next update or shortly after.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes and make any needed adjustments. I'm used to misses when rolling - doesn't bother me at all. For others it's just inconceivable that they would miss with a high CTH.
Actually, that would make more sense for a shotgun special ability than for a general rule.

People complain about RNG, but RNG heavy games seem to be utterly destroying games without it when it comes to turn based RPG, so I would encourage you not to pay too much attention to the whiners.

I think that XCOM RNG would have got much less flak if there had been a dodge animation.

Actually, I would rather have melee add to evasion at point blank range, as the target should be wrestling for the gun.
If I remember correctly, Depth of Extinction tries to solve point blank miss "problem" by giving weapons a minimum distance where hit is guaranteed.
No idea how well it works before I get my hands on release version.

People not understanding chance that are complaining? If true, it seems to go with every new turn-based game out there.
Yeah, that happens.
Developer of Warbanners ended up adding 3 different systems when trying to appease "can't-emotionally-handle-dice" -crowd.
I prefer that method. Just offer the 'Idiots who don't understand how % and chance works" option instead of making us all suffer

StellarTactics

Maverick Games
Developer
Jarpie - see below to set the game to windowed mode:

1) In steam, go to your library
2) Right click the game and select properties
3) in the properties window go to the "Local files" tab
4) Select "Browse local files"

Edit the following line in the "S3DMain.cfg" file -
<StartFullScreen>true</StartFullScreen>

Change it to:
<StartFullScreen>false</StartFullScreen>

As far as the RNG - no intent at this time to code a bunch of different options. I think the changes will be subtle and add a bit more oomf to combat at the start of the game. Range is calculated into the CTH algorithm. The idea here is to give players a bit more feedback from CTH when below a certain range threshold. Yeah, I get it - some don't like the idea that they might actually miss. However, - chaos theory kicks in. For me, a miss when standing directly in front of an enemy means I ate a bad taco, or my cell phone rang, or a brain fart kicked in at the critical moment. No big deal - I move on. For others, the concept that you are not initially proficient blows some peoples mind.

Like I said, lets see how this works. It's already in the development build and seems to work well without being overpoweringly offensive. You get reduced damage on a "miss" when above a certain CTH threshold that scales down and a secondary roll below below another threshold for a minor graze. As it is, at higher levels of weapon skill you rarely ever miss. The problem is at the start of the game your weapon skills are non existent, so this really only benefits the first 20 levels until you are proficient with the weapon you have equipped.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1697174779857930352/

Stellar Tactics [developer] 3 Jun @ 3:27pm
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

The crew manager will let you add, remove, customize and dismiss mercs. from your team when exploring the universe. You will be able to keep a total of 20 mercs that you can progress and they will travel with you on your ship. Your main character always takes a crew slot - you can add up to 3 additional team members to your active crew and assign them to ship stations. Your assigned crew comes with you on ground based missions and gains experience in space combat at the 4 crew stations available on ships.

I have other long term plans for additional mechanics for this system that I'm not ready to talk about - I'm still working on the design. I'll release more info on that when I'm sure the mechanics work well with the other systems in the game.

StellarTactics

Maverick Games
Developer
Patch will come out today at 3pm UTC -6 --- Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)

During testing I reduced total crew from 20 to 10. Patch notes will go up when the patch is live on Steam.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/1687051828727710685

capsule_184x69.jpg

21 Sep
Patch 0.144 - The Universe
Stellar Tactics - Stellar Tactics
3209881b54c42208524ee3216a502324ec9950c6.png

The Universe IS Yours!

I'm very happy to announce that the Stellar Tactics universe is now open - from one system to 160,000+ systems. I'm very happy with the progress and this is a major milestone for the game. I hope you enjoy it.

Prepare for a wall of text...

I want to set some expectations. This is the first pass of the universe sandbox. There are likely to be bugs, though we've done some heavy testing over the last three weeks and things seem stable. That doesn't mean there won't be edge cases that cause problems. If you do find any bugs, please post them on the bug forums and I'll address them as soon as I can. https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

So, what is this patch?
--This is the first pass at the sandbox universe. Over time I'll be adding a lot of content including discovery missions from logs, distress transmissions and much, much more. Think of this as the beginning of something much larger.

--There is no new story content, just missions everywhere, places to explore, mine, engage in exploration discovery encounters on planets and stations against various factions. Plenty to do and explore.

--What will I be doing after the patch releases - a lot. The goal is to get to Alpha as soon as possible. to get there I need to finish a few more of the games core systems. I'll list all of that in the "What's next" and "Roadmap" posts on the forums.

--Tuning - the game needs to be tuned, both for ground and space combat. First, perks need to be in place, special attacks need to be finished and itemization and the economy needs to be addressed.

It's important that I point out that I do have plans to add (soon) a way for you to right click enemies and choose the target body part, review enemy information (resists and possibly more information) based on your perception stat. One thing I've never liked about the current system is that it does not give you an alternative method for targeting enemies - this will be addressed.

And now for the patch notes:
IMPORTANT: MOUSE INTERACTION HAS BEEN CHANGED. The mouse now uses left click to interact with objects, NPC's, combat attacks, movement and movement cursor rotation. Right click is reserved for camera rotation. I've adjusted this so it conforms with the standard. I find a lot of new players are confused by the old system which felt out of place. I think it works much better so thank you everyone who suggested this change.

You can now travel through the entire Stellar Tactics Universe. Traveling between systems is done in FTL Space - a 3D representation of the entire Stellar Tactics universe.

To travel to FTL space, you no longer need to approach a jump point. You can enter FTL space anywhere in a star system as long as you are not in combat. Jump points are now used for translocating between systems where you have placed a data beacons. More on that below. When you can FTL to the Star Map, an icon will be displayed in the upper left System Info UI if that UI is opened.

cba557b049de3ab7cf044b4b8cd215ad0ec7c9ae.png

Once in FTL Space, approach any system and a new icon will be displayed in the upper left of the screen under the System Information menu. Pressing that icon will drop you from FTL Space into the selected Star System.

To enter FTL space, you need to have a FTL drive equipped on your ship. These are the requirements to enter FTL space:
1) If you are in your starter ship, you must have completed the "Speak with Scarby Hurzog" mission line through completion of the mission given to you by "Phestus". You can then buy a FTL drive from Phestus that you will need to equip on your ship.
2) You can purchase a new ship. All new ships are equipped with FTL drives.
3) You must return Dr. Rhamus and Dr. Jensen to the "Achmedius Trade Station" or you will not be able to enter FTL space

I've blocked entry to some systems for story content that will come during ALPHA and BETA. When trying to enter these systems a message is displayed letting you know that you cannot enter. Considering the overall number of systems (between 160,000 - 200,000 + depending on your random seed) you won't come across these often.

Level cap raised to level 60 - Skill cap raised to level 100

A new user interface for ground exploration and general information UI's. The space UI has not been changed other than some minor edits. I still have some cleanup to do on the UI and I'm looking through everything to make small adjustments.

Line of sight indicators that are displayed when hovering over movement locations. They indicate visible enemies from that position and provide you with an idea of whether or not that location provides cover. More work to do on this including displaying the indicators when you press TAB.

Closest team member interaction: When interacting with objects in the environment, the closest team member to that object, NPC, chest, loot object etc. will always interact. This resolves situations where you may be blocked getting to the object and need to move your team members around. There are a couple of important notes here:
1) When interacting with vendors, regardless of who selects the vendor, the team member in your active team with the highest CHA will be used in vendor price calculations.
2) When hacking you will need to select the team member with the hacking tool. The closest team member will interact, however, the selected team member with the tool will actually hack the item, provide skill bonuses and receive the experience.

All ships are now available to purchase. Vendor inventory is random so check vendors for new ships.

Your key-binds have been reset.

The farther you travel out into the universe, the more difficult enemies become. Faction mission agents can be found on stations in primary faction systems - that is Halamis, Varadyn, Cilivon, Conrair, Shikaru and Aralion.

You can see which faction is controlling a Star System on the Star Map in the log by rolling over or clicking on a system. You can gather missions from agents that will send you to nearby systems. Returning for your reward will net faction, tokens and rewards. If you enter a station with a faction agent and that system is way above your level/capability, the faction agent will not issue missions. There are also agents in sub-faction systems like The Kchor, The Coven etc. Neutral systems do not have faction agents, these systems are reserved for faction warfare. I'll be expanding on these missions, the mission descriptions and more over time.

The difficulty of a particular Star System is indicated in the Log->Star Map area. When you roll over a system, information will be displayed in the lower right of the Star Map displaying:
--The name of the system
--Reputation (hostile, wary, neutral, etc.)
--The primary Faction for that system
--The sector X,Y coordinates
--The difficulty of that system displayed my minimum level requirement
--If the system has station services

I'll be doing much more work on the map for an upcoming update.

In FTL Space, combat is disabled. I'll be adding various discovery locations, skirmishes and faction warfare in the future.

System labels in FTL Space are color coded as follows:
  • Green Border: System has leveled content if there are landing locations and faction mission agents.

• Yellow Border: A challenge. The content in these systems is slightly above your level. With good gear and a skilled team you will survive. Faction agents are likely to have missions for you in these systems.

• Red Border: Likely impossible - but who knows? Give it a try and see. Faction agents will not offer missions in these systems.

• Purple borer with solid dark blue background: You have a agent mission to complete in this system.

• Yellow border with solid green background: You completed a mission and an agent is waiting for you to return for your reward in this system.

Star systems on the Star Map in your log are now colored by faction. Red systems are hostile, blue neutral, yellow wary and green are friendly. When entering hostile systems, ships will spawn and intercept you. They will continue to launch ships as long as you are in a system. You can stay and fight, scan planet surfaces for stations and event locations, board hostile stations or leave the system. They will continue to hunt you until you destroy them or leave the system.

Landing on a station or ground station in a hostile system will set that location hostile and exploring those locations will result in combat. Clearing one of these locations will net you rewards and faction. No tokens are rewarded.

Ships will occasionally spawn in all systems and harass you. Mining for ore now has an added degree of risk. You are less likely to be harassed in systems that are controlled by factions that are not hostile towards you. They will continue to hunt you until you destroy them or leave the system.

Equipping your mining vessel with good shields and armor and making sure you have one or two dedicated weapon turrets is usually enough to fend off the enemies if you are in lower level systems. Destroying these ships will spawn loot so - bonus! If you see the message "Enemy ships inbound" and you are not yet ready for space combat, I'd head for the nearest station or FTL to FTL space.

Scanning planets in systems may reveal exploration opportunities. If you clear an exploration location you will get a reward and faction. No tokens are rewarded.

fa728c44b1205f8026e0cbf1b2bd32196d16d214.png

Two new faction armor sets, one for Varadyn and one for Shikaru. Doing agent missions for these factions will net you tokens that you can use to buy this armor. I'll be adding faction weapons in a future patch.

A new keybind that takes you directly to the ship UI, "K" by default.

PageUP and PageDown now zoom the camera in and out incrementally when exploring ground locations.

ad96088fd02b87ea8fc7117ba34d959b712be97f.png

The crew manager has been added to the game. You can access the crew manager on the ground and in space using the "M" key. The crew manager is only available once you return Rhamus and Jensen to the Trade Port in Achmedius. You can find new crew members on the Achmedius trade station and stations across the universe. They are usually located in the sleeping quarters area of stations and ground facilities. Speak to NPC's you find and some may choose to join you. Accept their offers and review their skills in the crew manager. If you don't like their initial stats, you can dismiss them and find another.
  • The crew manager can be accessed when in space or on the ground.
  • The left side of the crew manager window displays all of your crew members. A total of 10 crew members can be in your crew at any time. Crew members can be recruited on friendly stations across the universe.
  • You cannot move crew in or out of your ground crew while on the ground. You can only assign new crew to your ground team in the crew manager while in space.
  • Selecting a crew member in the left list displays important stat and skill information for review in the center pane of the crew manager.
  • You can assign, replace and remove crew members by dragging them from the left crew list to the right team rosters.
  • You can remove crew members by dragging them from the active roster to the crew list on the left. This allows you to solo ground missions or limit the number of crew members you have in your active ground team.
  • Your ship and ground crew members can be separate. That is, you can have dedicated ground and space crew or you can mix and match team members from both rosters.
  • You cannot replace your main character. He/she is dedicated to the first slot in the ground team roster and will always be a member of your ground team.
  • You must have at least one crew member assigned to your space crew roster.
  • You can dismiss a crew member by selecting the crew member in the left crew list. Dismissing a crew member is permanent (at least for now). You will prompted when dismissing a crew member and notified that dismissal is permanent.
  • Setting station assignments in the ship UI [K] will re-arrange your ship crew. It does not affect your current ground team roster. Those changes will be reflected in the crew manager.

0bceaeda0c5672ac86eca82857925569815ccad2.png

Data Beacons: These can be purchased from ship equipment vendors. If you approach a FTL point you will notice a new icon in the lower left of the screen. If you have data beacons in your inventory, you can drop a beacon in a system. You can then teleport back to that system from any other system in the universe instantly by approaching a FTL point, selecting the beacons icon and then selecting your destination from the list. I recommend picking a home system and placing a beacon there. It can be a place where you store your ships.
  • To place beacons or translocate, you must be in the vicinity of a FTL point.
  • Once you place a beacon, the system the beacon is placed in will be listed in the beacons UI.
  • You must have at least 5 Fusion Cells (ground type ammo) to translocate
  • You can delete beacons using the beacons UI
  • Beacons will eventually also feed trading data into the Trade-Net

CTH system revised. If you have over a 75% chance to hit, you will always connect. You will either get a "Grazing hit" (ranged) or "Glancing blow" (melee). Damage is scaled down based on the CTH value. Between 50% and 75% CTH you still get a second roll that has a low chance to connect with the enemy. Let's give that a try for a while. I'll make adjustments based on player feedback. Note that grazing hits and glancing blows can still be mitigated. At lower levels if the damage value is very low, enemy damage mitigation can reduce this damage to zero.

Updated radar: The radar has updated icons and now displays the position of gather items and boss enemies. Vendors have unique icons and mission agents are clearly displayed when they enter the radar.

Friendly fire is now off by default. You can turn it on/off in the Options->Gameplay menu at any time, even while in combat.

3b531bedf3cc2af3def9e7be6babdd1450823fcb.png

Tutorials are now a Guide. The guide can be found by press "H" and selecting the "Guide" button at the top of the displayed screen. I've added new topics to the guide that cover space combat, mining and more. I'll be expanding the in-game guide over time. Video's have been removed and replaced with illustrations. Note that most of the guide topics have multiple pages as listed at the bottom center of the guide screen.

IMPORTANT: Get yourself a "translocator". All Halamis faction merchants carry them including the faction merchant in the Abandoned Research Facility staging area. They are free and instantly teleport you out of any mission location back to space.

General bug fixes:
GENERAL BALANCE:
--Weapon burst mode damage increased
--Some balancing to ship combat. A major tuning pass will go in the game with ship perks soon.
--Below level 10, ship combat is much easier. It should give you time to get used to the combat system and upgrade your ship. You should still consider upgrading your starter ship as soon as possible. The Dr's didn't really leave you with the best equipment.
--Enemies drop better loot overall. More rare and legendary drops everywhere.
--Weapons with mod slots are more common as loot drops and from vendors.

FIXED: A bug that was preventing doors displayed on the outside edge of the radar from highlighting mission map locations.
FIXED: A bug that could make door icons on the radar unresponsive.
FIXED: The system info menu opens on the first click now ( instead of 2 clicks the first time)
FIXED: The mysterious ghost hair bug is now resolved. Hair was being left in the scene occasionally when a merc joined your team.
FIXED: You can cancel the end turn options screen using the ESC key once again.
FIXED: A major repeatable crash bug related to opening and closing the load/save menu and then transitioning between areas.
FIXED: Music volume settings persist between loading of areas.
FIXED: You can no longer attach mods to weapons that do not have mod slots - thanks JODEGAFUN!
FIXED: Damage mods can now be equipped correctly to heavy weapons and all damage bonus mod types have received a scaled boost to damage output. Adjusted damage bonus is not retroactive so you will need to find new mods if you want the new adjusted bonuses.
FIXED: When adding a new crew member to your team, you will no longer get a default duplicate portrait for that new crew member.
FIXED: A bug related to the display of power related to reload speed in the ship UI if no crew member assigned to the weaponry station.
FIXED: If stash was full, and you dragged and dropped a item in your pack to the stash, the item disappeared. Thanks Captain Electric!
FIXED: Enemy ships would occasionally get stuck circling and ignore the player ship if it was in range.
FIXED: In some cases enemy ships could be destroyed, leaving their UI stuck on the left of the screen.
FIXED: Some of the cave areas that had bad ground stone object placement. Some other fixes in cave areas.
FIXED: DPS and other stats in turret rollover when rolling over turrets on main UI now match the displayed stats in the ship UI.
FIXED: Enemy ship UI's on left of screen are reset after combat.
FIXED: A bug that was causing enemy burst and full-auto shots to fail on occasion.
FIXED: Mining turrets now apply the correct turret reload speeds modified by mining skill to mining beams. Mining turrets are now generated using the same power requirements as regular combat turrets. This change is not retroactive.
UPDATED: Random missions (missions not related to the story) are no longer added to the completed missions list. If you had previously completed random missions, they will still be in the completed missions list.
UPDATED: Weapon scaling adjusted. Weapons now have an obvious increase in base damage as you level. For example, a 1hand weapon (slash, pierce, blunt) has a base damage at level one of MIN 3, MAX 5. A similar weapon at level 10 has a based damage of MIN 6, MAX 8 depending on the quality of the weapon. Of course, your actual damage is modified by your stat assignments, current weapon skill in that weapon type, perk selections and a few other factors and then mitigated by the enemies shields, armor, stats etc.
UPDATED: When exiting a station, you can micro-warp without needing to leave the gravity well.
UPDATED: You can now travel to FTL space from anywhere in a star system as long as you are not in combat or a inside a planets gravity well. Jump points are now only required for transolocating between systems. Translocating requires that you place a data beacon in a system. Once a data beacon is placed, you can translocate to that system from any other system. Translocating requires 5 fusion cells.
UPDATED: FTL points in systems can now be targeted and approached.
UPDATED: Removed auto camera switching while in combat. The view now stays fixed where you placed it during combat.
UPDATED: Doubled the number of fusion cells you can carry at one time. They are used for both ship and personal translocation so I wanted to make sure you could carry enough inventory.
UPDATED: Increased the number of ground based rockets, flamer fuel ammo and mini-gun mags you can carry.
UPDATED: Increased the number of shotgun shells you can carry from 200 to 500.
UPDATED: Mission objectives for gather missions and eliminate missions are now displayed on the radar.
UPDATED: When in a eliminate mission, as you clear the various locations, the mission status display shows the room as cleared by displaying a green overlay similar to other mission types.
UPDATED: Key binds UI in options menu updated so I can expand key binds in the future.
UPDATED: By popular request - autosaves now use only 4 save slots (and save files). Each autosave overwrites the oldest available autosave. All previous autosaves are still on your drive in case you need/want them. I'll work on sorting of load/save lists so autosaves are displayed at the top of the list in a future patch. I recommend always having it on. You can find the setting in the options->gameplay menu.
UPDATED: You can access the inventory, character info, log and ship info UI's while in space if not in combat without pausing the game so mining and travel will continue while browsing those UI's.
UPDATED: Heavy weapon ammo has higher chance to drop and be found in chests.
UPDATED: Star Map system icons are now color coded by faction. I'll be adding a way to indicated other useful information in a future patch.
UPDATED: The Star Map indicates the location of missions. Selecting a mission in the active mission list centers the map on the target location and sets that system as the target in the upper left info UI while in space. You can then click the approach button to fly to that Star System.
UPDATED: Area transitions in the ruins are now automatic and do not require you to click the exit panels.
UPDATED: Ion weapons do very little damage to ship hull armor. Other weapon types do less damage to ship shields.
UPDATED: Recruited Mercs now have reduced secondary skills when you find them. Previously they were receiving a bonus to the allocated secondary skills for space and general skills.
UPDATED: Vendor ore prices vary slightly from system to system. I'll be doing a lot more work on this for the commodities and trading patch.
UPDATED: The challenge level increases in systems that have a minimum level requirement of 20. Additional 1, 2 and 3 dot enemies are added to enemy combat groups. More challenge = more reward - they drop better loot more often.
UPDATED: Enemy ships are less likely to collide with your ship in space combat.
UPDATED: Weapon mods need to be shift-clicked and removed before you can add a new mod. The UI currently displays incorrectly that you can drag and drop a new mod to replace an old mod. I'll get that fixed.
UPDATED: A weapons damage type for each hit is displayed in the game log window. Helpful for those occasions when you are wondering why enemies are hitting you for so much damage. Shields mitigate damage types (thermal, kinetic, etc.). If you have low thermal mitigation at higher levels and an enemy is ripping you apart, you can now check against the damage type in the log.
UPDATED: Skill experience from hacking increased.

KNOWN BUG: Exiting from the Abandoned Research Facility via the entrance door inside the facility places you in space in orbit around the planet the facility is located at. Using the translocator teleports you to the correct location in the facility staging area.

And something for those of you who braved the wall of text - for a future patch. Colin has done an amazing job and I'll be getting these in the game as soon as I can.
8197355b636e557e083ebe5e0ce4b2811b555c26.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andhaira

Arcane
This game looks sick, but I don't want to pick it up in EA, gonna wait until full version is released.

To those who are playing it, does it have PSI or equivalents, or is it hard scifi only?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game looks sick, but I don't want to pick it up in EA, gonna wait until full version is released.

To those who are playing it, does it have PSI or equivalents, or is it hard scifi only?
No PSI, but you got tyranid-zombie hybrids.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron

https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1318836262672874191/?ctp=5
Stellar Tactics [developer] 24 Sep @ 4:16pm
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

No ETA on Psionics. It is part of the story content. From another thread: "...I need to get to alpha and then I'll start adding more story content to the game. Psionics are something you will "learn" from "The Coven" - the price will be high...

Aemar

Arcane
What are the minimum system requirements? Not sure if my potato of a computer can handle the game.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What are the minimum system requirements? Not sure if my potato of a computer can handle the game.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.5Ghz
    • Memory: 3 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB | NVIDIA GTS 450 1024MB | Intel HD4000 @720P
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 6 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: OpenGL 2.0 or above - *PC Integrated graphics chipsets require 4 GB RAM, e.g. Intel HD series.

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3.20GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @1080P
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 6 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: OpenGL 2.0 or above

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/465490/announcements/detail/1687054365781980083

Patch 0.151 cumulative and whats next!
20 October - Stellar Tactics
Hi everyone. First, I'd like to thank all of you who reported bugs big and small over the last few weeks. I'm posting a new build and cumulative patch notes since the release of the last major content update September 21st when I opened the universe.

It's been a very busy time since the release of the patch and we've had a lot of new additions to the Stellar Tactics community providing a ship load of great feedback and suggestions. I read everything I can posted on the forums and many of you know that I'm actively engaged in the conversations there. Please do continue to post and comment. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Here is what I'll be working on next, in no particular order. I'll start rolling out these features one at a time for the most part.

In no particular order:
  • Perks to level 100
  • A few additional devices that can be used in combat.
  • Repair system for both space and ground. The space repair system will allow you to assign crew members to ship repairs. You will of course still be able to pay for repairs on stations.
  • Addition of weapons for pugilism along with some adjustments. Currently there are no weapon types for this combat skill. I've compensated by making this skill more powerful, however, it's time to get these weapons in with mod slots etc.
  • Implement new animations - these are done and have been waiting until I had time to get them in the game
  • Space trading and the Trade-Net
  • Cargo transfer on stations
  • Special weapon attacks
  • Ground mining drone system
  • Sneaking, traps and environment security systems (including turrets)
  • Sorting for vendors, inventory, stash and cargo
  • Space station turret defense systems
  • Crafting
  • Patrolling enemies and NPC's
  • Faction Agents will buy scan data
  • Implement the updated ship models you saw in the last announcement

Notes for patch 0.151
    FIXED: Rollover compare info when using F1-F4 keys was not displaying the correct team member when reviewing inventory in space.
    FIXED: Mining skill was capped at level 60. You can now level this skill to level 100.
    FIXED: You can no longer move team members while translocating out of a mission area.
    FIXED: Stacked items like grenades and med-kits placed in your stash now stack. If you have unstacked items, drag them to your backpack and then back to the stash to free up slots.
    FIXED: Mining ships and other ships launched from hostile systems are now hostile. You will still see other factions that may be friendly, neutral or wary entering these systems. That is intended.
    FIXED: At times the docking icon was displayed and would not work until you were closer to the trade station. If docking icon is displayed, you will always dock.
    FIXED: A rare crash when tab-targeting in space combat when in combat. Please let me know if you see this by posting on the bug forums. I've added additional debug info to help me locate the issue if it turns up again.
    FIXED: Explore planetary locations now correctly display the "CLEARED" flag when selected if that location was actually completed. I'll be adding this to cleared hostile sector stations soon.
    FIXED: Fixed a bug that would leave sold item icons (healthkits etc.) in the inventory even though they were not valid.
    FIXED: A few typos
    UPDATED: You can now shift-click to move items from your stash to your inventory.
    UPDATED: Increased the amount of experience received at lower levels when mining. There is a leveling curve applied to EXP gain that more closely follows skill and equipment progression.
    UPDATED: Reduced EXP required to gain skill in hacking by 20%. This will change when more hacking devices of various quality go in the game.
    UPDATED: Increased the value of all dropped items found in ground combat including vendor junk items, armor, weapons and mods. Ground missions now generate more income overall from loot.
    UPDATED: Added debuff timers to the rollover status icons for bleeding, hobbled, crippled, poisoned, stunned and EMP status effects. These show the duration in turns of any active status effect that is on a timer.
    ADDED: In addition to the LOS line indicators, I've added a cover icon to the movement destination cursor. It should help you identify areas where cover is available.
    ADDED: Added a beacon guide entry to the in-game guide.

Cumulative patch notes since the last announcement

10/5/18 - 0.150
    FIXED: Station names in loading screen were incorrect.
    FIXED: An exploit related to equipped armor. Thanks for pointing this out.
    FIXED: Selecting a planet with a mission location and then selecting a planet with no data will clear the mission data information from the planet UI.
    UPDATED: Crouch/Stand animations are more responsive.
    UPDATED: Crouched swap weapon and leave combat animations more responsive.
    UPDATED: Help menu can only be opened if other UI's are closed like inventory, crew manager etc. The help menu cannot be opened over the main menu.
    UPDATED: Hacking success or failure is displayed on the screen when a hacking attempt is completed.
    UPDATED: Enemy loot packs now have a larger hit box. Should help on stairs and near doorways.
    UPDATED: Better handling of tooltip info so it doesn't refresh with minor mouse moves in stash, vendor lists and inventory.
    UPDATED: When in vendor UI, you can now press F1-F4 to compare the rolled over item to any active team member.
    UPDATED: When in your inventory and stash, pressing F1-F4 updates the compared item in the tool-tip to the active team member.

10/2/18 - 0.149
    FIXED: When selecting stellar objects in the upper left space hud, you can no longer click though that UI and accidentally select planets and other objects.
    FIXED: When on surface after leaving ruins, clicking an enemy target could move the character instead of firing a weapon or walk-to and melee.
    FIXED: One of the cave systems had a number of linked enemies - added LOS blocking
    FIXED: A few floating enemies in one of the cave scenario sets.
    FIXED: Healthkit and grenade bars are hidden when transitioning between areas
    FIXED: When looting ammo the weapon display ammo count is updated immediately
    FIXED: A display error in the inventory ammo area that could concatenate the number of ammo you actually had in some cases.
    FIXED: Pharris Mace AK-7 number of turrets corrected in merchant and ship displays.
    FIXED: The approach button on the selected ship popup UI now works as intended.
    FIXED: A bug with the planet scanner that could add incorrect nodes to planets that were already scanned.
    FIXED: A bug with the planet scanner that was resetting the new "SCANNED: NO SURFACE LOCATIONS FOUND" message.
    FIXED: Lockup if you opened the crew manager during combat. Crew manager is now disabled when in combat.
    FIXED: A rare lockup when boarding stations.

UPDATED: Adjusted the information displayed for the return location when a mission is completed. It now gives you the system name, the planet (e.g. Angos IV) and whether the return location is an orbiting station around that planet or a planet based station. You can always select a finished (not yet turned in) mission to center the star map on that system and select that star system in the upper left system UI panel. From there, you can approach that system while in FTL space. I'll be adding better information handling for missions in the future.

UPDATED: Expanded the range for station docking. Some stations are large and in some cases you had to fly above or below the station to get the docking icon.

UPDATED: Better targeting handling in combat. If your cursor is over an enemy, and the cursor is a targeting reticle and you click, you will not move. Should resolve unintended movement. You can also always use the combat queue or hold down the TAB key to avoid unwanted movement when targeting enemies.

UPDATED: Increased the maximum number of loot drop crates from ships from two to three per ship.
    --Maximum drops from ships will only take place in systems that are 9 levels below your current average ship crew level. Fighting ships in lower level systems results in less loot dropped.
    NOTE: Rare and Legendary loot will only show up as loot from destroyed ships and on vendors if you are over a certain average level (average ship skills - piloting, weaponry, targeting and electronics) - likely the reason some of you aren't seeing these items drop from ships and on vendors. This is not a change, it's been this way for a long time.
    Legendary - average level 15+
    Rare and exceptional - average level 5+
    UPDATED: Updated the faction agent guide entry to add information about the Halamis Translocator (for teleporting out of mission locations) and a description of how to return to the mission faction agent when missions are completed.

HOTFIX 9/30/18 - 0.148
    FIXED: In some cases when recruiting a mercenary, the game could lock up.

9/28/18 - 0.148
    FIXED: A error where if you removed a crew member using the crew manager leaving an empty slot between other crew members, movement would break and a team member or team members would not move correctly.
    FIXED: Selecting an object in the system object list in the upper left of the screen, then selecting a ship and then again selecting the selected object in the list would not display the targeted list item.
    FIXED: If mining with a full cargo hold, mining ore containers will time out after 60 seconds and despawn. If you were mining for a long time and not scooping ore, you could end up with thousands of them which over time could crash the game.

I've adjusted EXP a little for ground combat. Not really a tuning pass just a mild tweak.
    --Increased melee damage EXP a little.
    --Decreased ranged weapon EXP a little.

Adjusted the drop rates for rare and exceptional items. Vendors are also affected. It's still way better than it was before, but that last patch was over the top. I'll be doing more work on this over time.

9/27/18 - 0.147
    UPDATED: Updated messages for powering up turrets and a warning if you are trying to mine asteroids without a mining turret.
    UPDATED: When in Achmedius in your starter ship (only the starter ship), only one enemy ship will be launched during incursions. If you leave Achmedius, the incursion system works as it always has - launching a random number of enemy ships. The enemy ships spawned in this case are always weaker than the starter ship. This is to give new players a chance to learn space combat without getting fragged - that is as long as their ship shields are up.
    UPDATED: Wherever you are in the universe, if you do not have a beacon placed in the Achmedius system, I've placed one there for you automatcially. Should help those of you who may get lost in space. Just approach any FTL point (jump point in the upper left object list while in space) in any system and as long as you have 5 fusion cells in your inventory, you can translocate back to Achmedius instantly.
    UPDATED: Added additional information that tracks tasks during character creation and displays remaining tasks to complete before starting the game.
    UPDATED: Ship equipment vendors now have a better assortment of rare and exceptional equipment. Legendary equipment should be more common on vendors.
    UPDATED: If you select single movement mode (SPACE when not in combat), that team member will walk to and interact with objects and NPC's in the environment. In group movement mode, the closest teammember will interact with the object.
    UPDATED: Selected team member portrait is now highlighted in and out of combat.
    UPDATED: Camera FOV indicator on radar is brighter now. You can use this indicator to set a frame of reference in the location you are exploring. For example, rotating the camera FOV so it points north will help give you an idea of where you are and where you have been.
    UPDATED: When scanning a planet, the NO DATA message has been replaced with a new message letting you know that you scanned the planet. The NO DATA message appears if you have never scanned a planet. There are a few remaining bugs with scanning that I'm looking into - nothing game breaking.
    FIXED: Ship warp engines on merchants now provide correct power values for various quality tiers. Ship engines for some ships, especially some of the trading vessels like the Talon, were being generated with very low power output. Warp drives for fighters and interceptors were generating too much power.
    FIXED: An edge case with key input for camera panning that could cause camera movement to stick when edge scrolling.
    FIXED: When exiting the Abandoned Research Facility via the exit door, you will transition to the staging area of the facility instead of space.
    FIXED: You can no longer quicksave the game before speaking with Dr. Rhamus on the Dauntless the first time.
    FIXED: You can no longer quicksave the second you enter combat.
    FIXED: Visible line of sight indicators are now hidden when selecting end turn options.
    FIXED: An edge case that reset the currently selected team members voice when editing team members by clicking their portraits in the character information and equipment screens.
    FIXED: Rolling over portrait icons in the left combat order queue UI now displays the correct rollover information at the top center of the screen. When rolling over the icons, enemies are highlighted so you can distinguish their position against the order in the queue.

9/23/18 - 0.146
    FIXED - An edge case where when taking missions from Zabin Morbain, garbage text was displayed in the mission window.
    FIXED: An edge case that was keeping ore from spawning when mining asteroids.

IMPORTANT:
    Left click on enemies can occasionally be finicky. I'm working on a right click menu popup that lets you select the body part you want to target. It will display CTH values for each of the attack positions and you can just select your choice. I'm hoping to get this in and tested by the end of next week. High perception stats will also display additional information like enemy resists. I'll need to test the resists display a good bit so, this may not make it in when I patch the new targeting UI.

Meanwhile, holding down the highlight key (TAB by default) while aiming/attacking will block movement of any kind so you can avoid unwanted movement.

If you use the combat queue, when holding the SHIFT key while attacking, movement is now blocked. Shift is the default key for the combat queue. You can read more about the combat queue by pressing the "H" key while exploring ground locations. It is important to know that when holding the shift key, you can click multiple times to queue up attacks. When ready, press the space bar and all attacks will be made at once. When queuing combat attacks, you can press the "BACKSPACE" key to clear the attacks in the queue. The combat queue can speed up combat when making multiple attacks.

9/22/18 - 0.145
    FIXED: When trying to shoot Full Auto, the game required 12 ammo to be loaded - this was recently reduced to 8 shots from full auto weapons and the game now only requires 8 ammo loaded into the weapon.
    FIXED: When mining asteroids that are not in the asteroid field, no loot cans were being generated. Asteroid fields were working as intended.
    FIXED: Dismissing a crew member causes the remaining crew members you may select in the list to not be correctly selected, displaying incorrect stat data for that character. This did not affect the actual crew member selected and dragged and your saves and mercs are fine. It was just a display error.
    FIXED: Better handling for opening and closing the crew manager which could get stuck in a state where it would not close and accept unintended click and keyboard events when open.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/1735468693689926258/

Stellar Tactics
[developer] 13 hours ago
Patch incoming - 0.153
Patch will be posted shortly - This is mostly a stability patch with a few additional fixes to mission location data, EXP scaling and a few other things. In particular, some players were having problems saving a game, then loading that game to find part of the load screen graphic displayed over the loaded scene. This is now fixed. I've also fixed a very annoying quick save bug related to speaking to a faction agent and then immediately saving the game. A rare bug, loading between areas was causing a stall - this should also be fixed now.

I'd like to thank all of you for your patience while I've been fixing these issues. If you do find any level loading errors or save game glitches, please let me know by posting on the bug forums. I always prioritize these over other work that needs to be done.

FIXED: A bug that could cause corruption of the quick save if saved immediately after taking a mission from a faction agent.
FIXED: A bug that could cause save game corruption if the game was saved in the Abandoned Facility staging area.
FIXED: The help screen and tutorial would occasionally set the game in a state where the crew manager could not be opened until you opened and then closed the help screen again.
FIXED: Several small glitches in a few of the mission areas (reason for large download this patch)
FIXED: Another fix for tab target random crash during space combat
FIXED: Grenades once again have a maximum range.
UPDATED: Cover indicator on cursor is now hidden when moving cursor and displayed only at cover positions.
UPDATED: NPC ship shield and armor values now scale correctly.
UPDATED: Adjusted scaling of EXP relative to melee -vs- ranged weapons in ground combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom