Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Strange Brigade - 1930s supernatural co-op shooter from Rebellion

Tancred

Learned
Looks like shit. Would rather replay Deadfall Adventures.

Explorerbc

Arcane
This is basically an updated version of their previous Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy.

The main problem with NZA for me was the lack of replayability. You could storm through most levels on Sniper Elite difficulty if your teammates were not complete noobs. There was also not a lot of variation in the enemies and their numbers, you always got the same predictable stuff. I have spent hundreds of hours on Killing Floor, L4D, CoD zombies trying the higher difficulties and planning strategies, with each playthrough being different, but I had seen everything NZA (that's all 3 games) had to offer and finished the campaign on the hardest mode in about 20 hours. This is probably why the game is dead right now, while most of the other zombie shooters mentioned above have healthy numbers.

I also thought the shooting was kinda meh. The game essentially forced you to use a sniper rifle (being a sniper elite spin-off) as the main weapon even in close quarters, since most other secondary firearms sucked, and good luck keeping a headshot combo with all the lag and zombies spazzing out. Most rifles and smgs felt the same and the overall feeling was that they lacked a punch, more like shooting darts.

I got it on a whim because I love nazi+occult horror, even though I had no friends to play it with. Overall it was kinda alright, I liked the atmosphere and it was enjoyable for a while. I had to find people on the steam forums to co-op with since solo play is horribly boring.

From the trailers, it looks like this has a larger variety of enemies and environments, a lot more weapons and powers, and more environmental stuff plus puzzles. Those improvements are welcome but I dunno if they are enough to add depth to the game and make it a hit or just another 20-hour game that will be dead after 6 months. Whatever the case, I wouldn't buy it if I didn't have people to play with in private lobby, doing the riddles with randoms is probably gonna be a pain.

Irata

Scholar
I had some fun reenacting Facing Worlds and just sniping bots in one of their Sniper games, but they gave away that game.

The first review on Steam says they lock maps behind a season pass. I was hoping publishers would learn that requiring everyone to own the map isn't a good thing for the community.

DemonKing

Arcane
I was always wondering how a company that kept releasing such shit games for so long can still stay afloat?

They own the 2000AD comic and all its IP (Judge Dredd etc) so computer games aren't their only income source.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game currently on sale for $24 including season pass. A buddy has been bugging me to try this, guess I'll take the plunge.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
14.99$ on steam right now

I'd probably try it if the retarded narrator would not totally ruin it.

PrettyDeadman

The game is just bad. Killing those poorly animated scorpions on poorly designed levels with weak weapons is simply not very fun.
Anyone wants to coop?

Solid Snail

Learned
I don't understand why Rebellion games are so overpriced compare to what they offer (and they recycle a lot of stuff between each one of them). They are even charging 10€ for the Sniper Elite V2 Remastered to owners of the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom