Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple+ Support archive

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by gazra, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Please post the SquirrelSetup.log file located in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TemplePlus

Does it produce a crash dump? If so please upload it. It should be located at
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>]Saved Games\TemplePlus

Likewise please save your logfile after a crash and send it too.

Please send the savegame.

Hells, you're right :lol: will fix.

Thanks for the reports.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DnDPaladin Novice

DnDPaladin
    For the downloading bug, i'll be waiting on the update for 1.0.11 see if it does again because now im up to date and and it seems it works well for now. but definitely giving you the file if it does it again.

heres dump file and Log File, though log files says i casted all 6 stat boosting stuff when i really didn't so im guessing it may be the staff of transmutation that causes the bugs im having. same with my cleric, it says i casted a flame strike a bunch of times which i never do. anyway here they are...

Dump File
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2218&authkey=!AGRMcAfs5xqKALA&ithint=file,dmp

Log File (13mb)
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2219&authkey=!AHCHezIQ8Y0V_F8&ithint=file,log

Issue with font rendering encountered elsewhere, should be fixed by now

dont know why you think save game file is warranted but, here it comes as well...
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2223&authkey=!AEMHal2_Yvh8AJw&ithint=file,tfaf

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
    ^ Top  
  3. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    I need the savegame because I can't replicate the bug with the ticking of options on savegame, it may be caused by some particular situation in your game. I think I've also nailed the Viscount crash bug but I want to make sure.

Unfortunately you only uploaded one part of the savegame files - I need all 6 of them. Example:

Code:
    slot0002[save name].gsi (where [save name] is replaced with the name of your save game)
    slot0002.co8
    slot0002.tfaf
    slot0002.tfai
    slot0002l.jpg
    slot0002s.jpg

^ Top  
  4. DnDPaladin Novice

DnDPaladin
    All here in the folder.
    unfortunately i did find a way to get that viscount mission done. and that was by declining any interest in it. then going to the enemy and it still triggered the viscount job anyway.

as for the checks on no AoO and Fight Defensively. could that have been created by a 1.07 bug and then somehow solved in other versions. but since my save files are from 1.07 it keeps doing it ? because really, it does it reguardless of which save it is, auto-save or not. i make sure they are unchecked. then save and when i load it back, they are checked again. i think it might have been a 1.07 bug or something, because the option for tripping wasn'T availlable for a while and then boom it suddently reappeared. so it might have been a bug that followed me around for a while.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2229&authkey=!ALikdyy1gLCJG7w&ithint=folder,tfaf

Fixed in 1.0.11

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
    ^ Top  
  5. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    So when I started Temple+ for first time it offers my native resolution (1080p). Is that OK or do I need to use a lower resolution?

^ Top  
  6. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Yes, it's ok and supported.

^ Top  
  7. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    Town map isn't working on Temple Level3. Opening the map window shows the world map with the "Current Map" button greyed out. Hovering over that button shows the tooltip "The townmaps are not available from this map".

Fixed for v1.0.20 (was applying Co8 modification)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    ^ Top  
  8. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    ^ Top  
  9. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Heh! There used to be an identical bug with the To-Hit bonus in the pre-patch days. Wouldn't surprise me if the damage bonus just went unnoticed.

Edit: yup, it's lacking the check for ammo matching the weapon in the damage callback, which was added to the To Hit callback.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    ^ Top  
  10. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    So, um,

http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz.png

yeah

I can repeatedly start dialogue with the same troll. The first time he said "Er" and my responses led directly into this dialogue and subsequent dialogues started out with "Ug" then the "already met" dialogue options for the farmer. I've also just managed to get the Cupid's Arrow quest from the troll.. :)

Just a thought.. my "upgrade" process so far is to grab the latest release and just unzip in place overwriting existing files. Is this sufficiently similar to what the UI frontend does or is that slightly more clever about removing unneeded files etc.?

Another screenshot of the initial conversation starter as I reproduce from the last save: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/troll_lulz_intro.png

Fixed for 1.0.12 (vanilla/Co8 crossover issue)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    ^ Top  
  11. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    Latest: http://www.allcutt.me.uk/templeplus/screwy.png (so a Lamia having a +12 bonus to Will saves looks a little odd, but they're monstrous beasts or something so I guess that might be RAW.. but +2 from Greater Weapon Focus? )

This is just becoming weird.

Fixed for 1.0.12 (Iron Will feat display issue in vanilla)

^ Top  
  12. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Heh, the Troll dialogue is due to adding the Co8 proto to the protos extension. I missed that it had a san_dialog script (Co8 / Livonya used that file for the Troll interrogation script). But why are you talking to Trolls anyway? :P

As for the Lamia bug, it's not present in Co8. But keep reporting those and eventually we'll integrate all the Co8 bugfixes ;) I think that one in particular is just misprinting 'Iron Will'.
    Likewise the absurd save values are vanilla bugs - it looks like the Troika 'content guy' wasn't informed about how the protos.tab parser works, since the values there should be the base values.

As for the logbook, it's known to be glitchy... IIRC there's some weird bug where if you scroll by mousewheel instead of clicking with the mouse the ego entries get all garbled up.

Unzipping files should be good enough, the frequently changing files are packed in tpgamefiles.dat and co8fixes.dat.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    ^ Top  
  13. DnDPaladin Novice

DnDPaladin
    Since when is flank bonus given to people that are more then 5 feet away from creatures ?
    from your pictures you showed the to-hit.

but, i got a good question which might be why some of us can't update the game properly thru the game itself.
    do we start the game directly from the TemplePlusSetup110.exe that we downloaded or did we need to install anything before end ?
    because thats what im doing, i got that EXE on desktop and i just start it to play the game.
    just in case you want to see the log file still...
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FD28378F397819D1!2266&authkey=!AKEFANHhfj11zlA&ithint=file,log
    here it is.

i'm asking cause again, the game refuses to install the 1.0.11. it says downloading, installing, then restart for it to take effect. i restart and boom it is still on 1.0.10 and redo the whole process again.
    so yeah it might be because of the question above.

^ Top  
  14. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Wait, so you're running the setup each time? Then yes, that will revert the version to whichever one you downloaded. After installing you should have a shortcut in the start menu, use that instead.

^ Top  
  15. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    (AIUI) flank only depends on someone "the other side" of the target threatening it - which they can do with a reach weapon.

^ Top  
  16. *-*/\--/\~ Arbiter

*-*/\--/\~
    For me, it was completely fucked up, even after performing a clean install. All it did was spawn multiple copies of its executables (templeplus.exe, templeconfig.exe and update.exe) that would just hang in the task manager doing nothing. They could not even be terminated, I had to restart my machine to get rid of them.

Turned out it was the automatic update thingy - game runs normally after turning that off, if anyone else is having this problem. Way to reinforce my belief that any feature with 'automatic' in its name deserves to be jettisoned into the Sun.

^ Top  
  17. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    It might be shot down by your AV - which one are you using? Are your definitions up to date?

^ Top  
  18. *-*/\--/\~ Arbiter

*-*/\--/\~
    I'm using Avast, definitions should be up to date. Still, I prefer reading a changelog and installing updates manually in case I like them, so it's not much of an issue... but thanks for the reply. ;)

By the way, have you considered simply re-creating the 3.5 ruleset in another engine like Unity or something? With the effort that went into Co8 and this stuff, you could probably do that thrice over.

^ Top  
  19. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Well, you know the joke about the guy who walked into the doctor's office with a frog stuck to its head? It's kind of like that...

Also, personally I find it more fun to do the "polish" than to start from scratch and do over all the basics that have been done before.

^ Top  
  20. DnDPaladin Novice

DnDPaladin
    this is why i hate d&d treatening mechanics... because technically an archer would be treatening the whole board. so that archer should also get that flanking bonus since its treatening with his shot. but nope treatening only happens to melee. which is very very odd. pretty sure in the original ruleset of 3.5 you can't flank if you are more then 5 feet away.

as for the installer....
    well i never thought it was installing considering that when i start it it shows me the UI to choose my configuration. so i'd tell you to do your installing stuff and actually tell the person its installation and shouldn'T use this installer. again. because i think all the people that says it can't update are probably the same error i did. and by the way, im an average programmer and an Expert IT. so if i got into this error myself, then imagine how much of those amature you'll have using the instalation file as a launcher. so yeah, i think you need to redo your installer then, just to make sure people know whats hapenning.
    Added notification for v1.0.12

^ Top  
  21. Allyx Savant

Allyx
    Threatened areas are within your melee weapon's reach range, missile weapons do not have a melee reach range, moreover firing a missile weapon in a hostile reach area provokes an AoO against the missile firer.

Additionally, Point Blank Shot doesn't negate the AoO, but instead grants a +1 to attack rolls within 30' of the target.

^ Top  
  22. relic Literate

relic
    I discovered what I was doing wrong after conversing via e-mail with you or one of your fellow modders. I had created a shortcut using the TempleplusSetup.exe rather than starting the game through my Startup folder. Now that I'm going through the Startup folder, my game is automatically updating like it should.

^ Top  
  23. Banichi Novice

Banichi
    (v1.0.11 on GoG, no Co8)
    This seems similar to vanilla bugs reported long ago in the Co8 forums. One of my PCs has managed to acquire (two) Poisoned: Dragon Bile status effects. Kindly donated by the groaning spirit on Temple level 3.

The PC failed the initial save for the first one and saved against the second one. I haven't seen the second save attempt happen and the status is still there after resting for several days although the temp. strength damage is long gone.

I notice the Dragon Bile is one of the few poison types with "0" secondary damage - potential bug scheduling the followup effect / end if there's no later save? I have a save with the permanent status but not one just before it was acquired (see, there's still a downside from spamming auto-save :-P )
    Fixed in v1.0.12

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    ^ Top  
  24. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Y
    Yeah, looks like Co8 replaced the poison effect with Monster Banshee Charisma Drain. I think it should be that way anyhow?

Edit: ok the poison countdown is indeed bugged for when there is no secondary effect (it returns before doing the saving throw and removing the condition). Fixed for 1.0.12.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    ^ Top  
  25. Ololz Novice

Ololz
    I tried to play and experienced 2 problems I noticed after I few seconds:

Problem 1:
    My game isn't in English, and all not English characters are replaced by a line break, if those characters were just not showing instead of that it would be annoying but playable, unfortunetly line breaks make all the text to melt up, all the text menu are mixed up so most of it become completly unreadable.
    If this program was supposed to work with an English version only, it would be cool to indicate it in the thread somewhere, I'm sorry I think some people might say this not a bug or something, anyway I despair to see fanmade content indication to state about their language compatibilities, I mean this is never ever said in any fanmade content in any games while is one of my main concern when I download a mod.

Problem 2:
    I don't think it's a problem that comes from the mod directly, but maybe you will find this useful.
    When you make the game to go in windowed mode with your mod, then try to use programs made to turn windowed mode application in bordeless windowed mode, it works but all clickable texts are shifted down, I mean you have to click up a text not on it.

Anyway, this mod looks gorgeous, I will maybe think about trying to translate my game in English to be able to play with it.

^ Top  
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)