Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Metro, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Current bundles:

I'm too lazy to update this -- just check the last/current page~

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Since there are a billion of these things now I'm just going to edit the first post in this thread every time a new one comes up/is about to come up. So, the Indie Royale Christmas one is available to preorder and they gave these clues as to the contents:

Edit: People are speculating the Blackwell Series is the adventure game compilation as it was recently added to the Steam registry. Also just noted the multiplayer FPS is Steam exclusive... so maybe something horrific like Dino D-Day?

^ Top  
  3. mck Arbiter

Infinitron
    Is Indie Gala alright to buy from? Wanted to make sure there were no bad stories about them or anything before I bought.

^ Top  
  4. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    I believe MHC bought from them without any issues.

^ Top  
  5. Bruticis Guest

Infinitron
    I bought it and used paypal for checkout, had no issues. Got all my steam keys immediately.
    Nice thread, Metro, thanks! Links would be nice for lazy people like me, though. The Indie Gala http://www.indiegala.com/ and Indie Royal http://www.indieroyale.com/
    Also, wasn't there a indie deal from GetGames very recently?

^ Top  
  6. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Done!

^ Top  
  7. mck Arbiter

Infinitron
    Also is getgamesgo safe?

^ Top  
  8. Bruticis Guest

Infinitron
    :salute:
    Yes, it's owned by Eurogamer. I've used them several times with no problem (other then my bank asking about it since I'm in the US and they're overseas).

^ Top  
  9. Dino D-Day would be toe-curlingly awful, but I'd be all over those adventure games. Still, not gonna preorder just in case it's something else.

And the Getgamesgo bundle launches on the 14th, I think.

And finally COME ON BROS TAKE THESE GODDAMN GAMES. Anyone want Steam copies of Hacker: Untold, or Darwinina+Multiwinia+DEFCON+Uplink?

^ Top  
  10. Satan Educated

Infinitron
    I'd gladly welcome Eufloria and/or Ben There Dan That+Time Gentlemen Please

^ Top  
  11. You'll get both since the rest of these assholes refuse to take these video games!

Edit: Fuck, I might've already given the Ben There/Time Gentlemen away. I'll send you the key and you can try it, not sure if I did or not.

^ Top  
  12. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Bro, you already gave me Dungeons of Dredmor... which I'm proud to say I've already sunk 60+ hours into! If no one takes the Zombie Shooters and you can eventually shoot them my way but I can't guarantee I'll play them anytime soon... or at all.

^ Top  
  13. Righty-o. I'll send 'em your way this evening if no one else scoops 'em up. Was able to pass out some of my other extras this time around at least.

^ Top  
  14. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    What's the Getgamesgo bundle? Can't seem to find any info on it at their website... which admittedly I've never been to previously.

^ Top  
  15. Took me a while to find it again, maybe I was wrong about it being Getgamesgo. Thought it was. Anyway, it'll be at http://www.littlebigbunch.com/ on the 14th, and the game it'll have are Frozen Synapse, Explodemon, Serious Sam Double D, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, and New Star Soccer 5.

No word on if there'll be Steam codes or not.

^ Top  
  16. mck Arbiter

Infinitron
    bought the indie gala bundle (for $0.10 because I'm a horrible person) and had no issues.

ALSO MHC was nice enough to supply me with steam keys for breath of death and cthulhu saves the world and I am very thankful!

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    So the Indie Royale Christmas bundle should be launching soon. Typically they've started then around 11am-noon Eastern Time but since they're an Australian outfit it could be earlier than that.

^ Top  
  18. Oh, this reminds me to send those zombie games your way.

^ Top  
  19. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Updated and the speculation was right: Blackwell Trilogy, Oil Blue, Dino D-Day and Eets rounds it out. While the adventure games look okay I have zero interest in Eets or Oil Blue and only pedestrian interest in Dino D-Day which I hear is pretty much dead and has a ton of balance issues. Might as well just play TF2. So... passing. Have yet to buy any Royale bundles.

^ Top  
  20. Scooped a copy up. Basically just interested in the Blackwell games, but a bit shy of $4 for 3 adventure games is alright with me. And now I have Dino D-Day forever blighting my Steam list, but what the hell.

Edit: Eets scooped up by that Bioware loving Konjad

^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    I checked out some videos of Dino D-Day... it looks like a really really really sloppy/bad Source mod. Which it is but there are plenty of better Source mod games for free.

^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    IndieGala twitter mentions they will be adding more bonus stuff to people who pay more than the average (or who have previously paid more). Wonder if it will be anything good.

^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Buddy of mine tipped me off that the contents of the next Humble Bundle (#4) will be pretty impressive: Cave Story+, Meat Boy, Shank (shocks me because it's published by EA), Bit Trip Runner, Jamestown, Night Sky, and Gratuitous Space Battles. Only one I own is Meat Boy and I'm really interested in most of the titles so I'll definitely grab it early and beat the average if they put it up at the start.

^ Top  
  24. Oh wow, if that humble bundle is accurate that is pretty great. I've already got everything in it except Shank and Cave Story+, but I'm interested in both. And Meat Boy, Bit Trip Runner, Jamestown and Gratuitous Space Battles are all pretty decent to good. Dunno about Night Sky yet.

^ Top  
  25. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Infinitron
    Humble bundle #4 now LIVE: Average to beat is ~$4.50 doubt it'll drop lower than $4 with all those great games.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)