Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
There's a difference between designing a game with gay characters and with what SJWs do, which is utilizing every opportunity they get to force their propaganda and agenda because they believe it's their moral right to do so and that it is virtuous to do so, and that if you think differently then you are wrong.

Making a game where homosexuality is state enforced could actually lead to discussion, and SJWs don't want any of that, so it won't happen. There's lots of thorny questions that would arise from state-enforced homosexuality and it's a rather interesting premise that invites further thought, therefore it is useless for pushing an agenda.

So far Obsidian has proven that they're not interested in pushing agendas and their inclusion of gay chars in their previous games has been grounded in reality; the worry currently is that this will change with their new game, The Outer Worlds, due to the presence of SJWs on the writing team.

representation

Acid%2Blitmus.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a difference between designing a game with gay characters and with what SJWs do, which is utilizing every opportunity they get to force their propaganda and agenda because they believe it's their moral right to do so and that it is virtuous to do so, and that if you think differently then you are wrong.

I thought you guys hated postmodernism and cultural relativism

jf8350143

Liturgist
What's all this gay talk about? Have they already confirmed queer companions for this game?
Don't you understand, there is a possbility that gay NPCs exist in the game, and you might get to see them, its the second biggest problem a game could ever have, just behind having a black protagnist.

frajaq

Erudite
yeah don't think having gay/trans/minority characters will be the thing to break this game for me, I'm more worried about Obsidian's bugs that can ruin the experience

imweasel

Well, Veronica in New Vegas is a lesbian companion on a mission for gender equality and the acceptance of same sex love in the Brotherhood of Steel. :lol: If you think it sounds stupid, forced and cringy, that is because it is.

I'd say expect more of that from this writing team, but I wouldn't expect gamers to brush off such blatant SJWism and virtue signaling like they did in 2010. That was well before SJWism became the plague it is today after all.

Chronicle of a Codex RPG thread:

1) Somebody posts a tweet by a female dev
Nice straw man and white knighting, Infinitron. You know damn well that the Codex shits all over male writers as well. I have written it before: The RPG Codex is all about gender equality, we shit all over bad writers of both sexes equally.

Deleted Member 16721

I just want to know how the Legion knew you slaughtered their people at the burning town with all the crucifixions going on. How dey know dat? And then sending endless spawning Legionnaires at you, which eventually became one shot kills, but still. How dey know all dat?

Yosharian

Arcane
Well, Veronica in New Vegas is a lesbian companion on a mission for gender equality and the acceptance of same sex love in the Brotherhood of Steel. :lol: If you think it sounds stupid, forced and cringy, that is because it is.

I'd say expect more of that from this writing team, but I wouldn't expect gamers to brush off such blatant SJWism and virtue signaling like they did in 2010. That was well before SJWism became the plague it is today after all.

Nice straw man and white knighting, Infinitron. You know damn well that the Codex shits all over male writers as well. I have written it before: The RPG Codex is all about gender equality, we shit all over bad writers of both sexes equally.
I don't remember her specifically saying 'the Brotherhood must accept gay love!'

I could be wrong, though. It's been a while since I played it, and Veronica is one of the more useless companions, since she's melee.

What I do remember is that Arcade Gannon is gay but barely talks about it, much less tries to shove it in your face and demand that you accept his homosexuality or you're a bigot.

Who wrote Gannon, again? Edit: right, Josh Sawyer did.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Oh, here you are, here's all of Veronica's dialogue:

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Veronica_Santangelo's_dialogue

Could you point out the part where Fenstermaker wrote her as someone 'on a mission for gender equality and the acceptance of same sex love in the Brotherhood' ?

I highly suspect that you're talking out of your ass, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I don't remember her specifically saying 'the Brotherhood must accept gay love!'
Exactly. In fact the mission she's actually on is to modernize the brotherhood. Her being gay is a small part of her charachter.

And most importantly: You can disagree with her about modernizing the brotherhood.

2) 4-5 pages of the same culture war babble we've been talking about since 2014
3) Conversation starts running out of steam, degenerates into weird nonsense and NSFW images
4) Infinitron ends up retardoing 2-3 pages, thread cools down for about 48 hours
5) Goto 1

maybe you should have that divide between the "Best Thread [no SJW allowed]" and "SJWs in gaming" systematically applied to every single game thread, like a cloned version of all the gaming forums.

that way those who want to discuss the seminal political issues of the time as they apply to tetris can discuss it in the SJWs in Tetris thread and those who want to talk about tetris itself in the Tetris [no SJW allowed] thread

Last edited by a moderator:

imweasel

Could you point out the part where Fenstermaker wrote her as someone 'on a mission for gender equality and the acceptance of same sex love in the Brotherhood' ?

I highly suspect that you're talking out of your ass, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Now that is some major butthurt. :lol:

Here is a short write-up of her character. I'm sure we could find the corresponding dialogue options if we sift through them or watch some youtube videos.

She wants to open up the Brotherhood to outsiders, one of the reasons (maybe it was the only reason) being so that the gay sex can flow.

She fears that the exclusionary perspective of the Brotherhood is going to lead to its eventual undoing and hopes to motivate a change.

If the Courier speaks to Veronica and earns her trust, she may reveal more about her past, including a lost love who she feels was driven off by the restrictive nature of the Brotherhood. Veronica is a lesbian and the Brotherhood oppose the idea of same sex love since they don't allow in outsiders and therefore must reproduce in order to carry on.
https://www.giantbomb.com/veronica-santangelo/3005-17036/

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosharian

Arcane
Exactly. In fact the mission she's actually on is to modernize the brotherhood. Her being gay is a small part of her charachter.

And most importantly: You can disagree with her about modernizing the brotherhood.

Now that is some major butthurt. :lol:

Here is a short write-up of her character. I'm sure we could find the corresponding dialogue options if we sift through them or watch some youtube videos.

She wants to open up the Brotherhood to outsiders, one of the reasons (maybe it was the only reason) being so that the gay sex can flow.

She fears that the exclusionary perspective of the Brotherhood is going to lead to its eventual undoing and hopes to motivate a change.

If the Courier speaks to Veronica and earns her trust, she may reveal more about her past, including a lost love who she feels was driven off by the restrictive nature of the Brotherhood. Veronica is a lesbian and the Brotherhood oppose the idea of same sex love since they don't allow in outsiders and therefore must reproduce in order to carry on.
https://www.giantbomb.com/veronica-santangelo/3005-17036/
You're full of shit. No such dialogue exists in the game. (Maybe in the minds of the idiots that write at Giantbomb.) I wonder if you've actually played the game.

Last edited:

imweasel

You're full of shit. No such dialogue exists in the game. (Maybe in the minds of the idiots that write at Giantbomb.) I wonder if you've actually played the game.
:roll:

Maybe you should just replay the game and reassure yourself, then I don't have to post numerous dialogue snippets to treat your butthurt and amnesia.

Bonus: Who could ever forget this dyke? (although to be honest, I thought she was pretty cool and hilarious.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom