Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nowadays there's no need to even pirate the game folks, why waste time downloading and installing, let alone playing, when there'll be thousands of Let's Play videos that you can even let run on a second monitor, at the same time you play your favourite games. Best of both worlds!

I know you're joking but I will say watching an hour of unedited post-tutorial gameplay on Youtube has pretty much replaced "demos" for me.
Pretty much, yes. And the conclusion is - play old games.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
look at all the retards that think and ask "why waste time downloading and installing" like downloading something implies rotating a crancky rusty lever to pullt out data from the internet for hours or installing needs planting bits of information on the hard disk by hand.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looking at someone playing a game for an hour would averse me to this game for a months to come no matter what, I avoid all pre-release videos for the same reason. I feel so damn old each time when watching Let's Play, streams and et cetera treated as, you know, actual pastime.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Once you're past the tutorial they don't usually change much.

This reminds me of the demos I played as a kid.
And it also pisses me off when people defend a game by saying "this is just an alpha, many things may change before the game comes out" or "this isn't an accurate depiction of how the game plays".
When I played demos and got the full game afterwards, there was no difference in gameplay or mechanics or graphics or anything like that.
I played the demo for PoP WW, DA2, Robin Hood The Legend of Sherwood, UT 2004, NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and many, many more and guess what: the final game played exactly like the demo, no difference, only that the demo was a small part of the game, a demonstration.
After years of playing games you can tell how the game is by just seeing a gameplay reveal, doesn't matter how long.
Which leads me to conclude that the people who say things like the ones I mentioned in the beginning are either kids (who weren't alive back then to play demos) or adults who never played videogames in the first place and just recently discovered this medium.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And it also pisses me off when people defend a game by saying "this is just an alpha, many things may change before the game comes out" or "this isn't an accurate depiction of how the game plays".
When I played demos and got the full game afterwards, there was no difference in gameplay or mechanics or graphics or anything like that.

Stygian's demo gave a misleading impression of the full game because it didn't have the nuisance mechanics. :M

Terenty

Liturgist
I just realized something.

Thought Cabinet in Disco is the same thing as the flaw system here only much more interesting and creative, like everything else in Disco compared to Outer Worlds

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Stygian's demo gave a misleading impression of the full game because it didn't have the nuisance mechanics. :M

You also can't really tell from a demo if the final game will be cut in half.

this game is going to surprise a lot of people in this thread when it comes out. a lot of the naysayers are going to be eating crow.

:lol:

So you're saying it won't be a shitty Obsidian game written and designed by SJWs trying to be a Bethesda game down to the shit gameplay? Yeah, I'd be very surprised if they delivered a completely different game than they've shown so far.

Prime Junta

Thought Cabinet in Disco is the same thing as the flaw system here only much more interesting and creative, like everything else in Disco compared to Outer Worlds

Are you telling me that an Inexplicable Feminist Agenda is a flaw you shitlord? :rpgcodex:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
So you're saying it won't be a shitty Obsidian game written and designed by SJWs trying to be a Bethesda game down to the shit gameplay? Yeah, I'd be very surprised if they delivered a completely different game than they've shown so far.

Trying to be a Bethesda game? Just seeing two quest for TOW , i already saw more skill checks , better desgined quests, writting and CnC than any Bethesda game since Oblivion.. Not a high bar , i know , but TOW so far looks nothing like a Bethesda game , it isn't even a open world.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
this game is going to surprise a lot of people in this thread when it comes out. a lot of the naysayers are going to be eating crow.
I will be happy to admit if i end up wrong about this game,but i doubt it. NV was good because of how logical and believable the setting was,it felt like real post apocalypse place. This looks like some failed disney part run by sjw retards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I just realized something.

Stygian also beat Outer Worlds to the punch with having a flaws system. So much for evolving the genre (okay, they still have the leadership build).

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
With Denuvo I'd be shocked if a day 1 cracked version was available, especially after what's happened with Borderlands 3.
Wait, the game is going to have Denuvo on top of being an Epic exclusive?

I don't know if it's been announced yet but pretty much every AAA game has it so I'd be shocked if it didn't. Borderlands 3 is Epic exclusive and it has Turbo-Denuvo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom