Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Humppaleka

Cipher
I do not own SS1:EE so I must be a poser. I own the original, no need for that Enhanced Edition thank you.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
The idea is cool, but the dev doesn't inspire me with confidence. Gonna give it a "wait and see" for a while.
Based on the steam reviews, it seems you were right to be cautious.

Shame... The devs are responding and saying they'll work on it, but hm.
It's not just the grindy nature where you have no option to ignore certain mechanics the way you could in Stardew Valley, but also a good many critical bugs. Or so the reviews say.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The idea is cool, but the dev doesn't inspire me with confidence. Gonna give it a "wait and see" for a while.
Based on the steam reviews, it seems you were right to be cautious.

You're telling me? I checked up on the Steam reviews early this morning, and 3 minutes later I get an item drop - a coupon giving a 25% discount of the game!

No, Steam was totally NOT watching what I was doing earlier.

I'm probably just imagining things.

Must have been rats or something.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
let's see how many posts in a row we can make without any reference to what game we are even talking about any more
Or you could scroll up a bit...

Graveyard Keeper is the game in question. From the Punch Club devs, I think (?)
Looks gorgeous and tried for something of a morbid take on Stardew Valley/harvest moon, in a sense (not quite the same style, but many similarities).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
1998 brick buster game DX-Ball 2 is back as 20th Anniversary Edition, by the original developer Longbow:

ss_a79376a8faef0f85ac49cf6a5fb65e7658fec427.600x338.jpg

After more than 5 million downloads, the king of break-out games is back in a special 20th Anniversary Edition. Seumas McNally's fan-favourite DX-Ball 2 has been updated for modern PCs while retaining all of the classic brick-breaking action and unique graphic style of the late 90's original.

Features:
  • 150 Boards from the original Board Pack 1 (aka Full Version) plus an all-new anniversary boardset.
  • 20 classic power-ups including multi-ball, fireball, lasers, and more.
  • Play locally against your friends with hot-seat multi-player.
  • Compete online with new online leaderboards.
  • Create and share custom boardsets with included editing tools.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I kinda want to see if ReCore is as mediocre as people are saying. And worth $5.

It's not as bad as early reviews are suggesting, because there was a lot of patching that actually imporoved the game both technically and mechanically. But it's forgettable.

Heretic

Cipher
A sequel to a very ambitious one-dev game BloodLust: Shadowhunter, called BloodLust 2: Nemesis, is out on Early Access.

The first game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Ballad Singer, a CYOA-lilke "asymmetric adventure" (whatever this means) with rich illustration and narration:

ss_6d43e8d539e01aafeea88be970aaf9a4dcb6c353.600x338.jpg

ss_bb3f0d866d990b7f8697594e5d829442e4248d9d.600x338.jpg

The Ballad Singer is an RPG/Graphic Adventure, set in a fantasy world completely controlled by the player's choices.

We've taken elements from game-books and visual novels to develop a videogame with an unprecedented format. TBS offers a fantasy story yet to be written, where the world changes and reacts to the player's actions. This will allow you to live up to 1700 stories and 40 different endings, your decisions will affect the way the tale unfolds. Every single development and subplot in the story is completely narrated and illustrated, even the smallest ones. In TBS, every choice is crucial.
  • Four heroes with different narrative developments
  • Asymmetric stories intertwining one to the other
  • During a single run with a character you will never face two fights alike
  • Your choices really matter, you can completely change the fate of the heroes through your decisions
  • Three degrees of challenge: deceive death and repeat mortal choices through powerful artefacts
  • Replayability: only by replaying TBS you will be able to discover the different decisional paths of each hero
  • Domino System: a choice in the first minutes of play could have strong repercussions throughout the course of the adventure
  • Fully narrated story, over 400,000 words and 40 hours of narration
  • More than 700 HD illustrations
  • Over 40 musical tracks
  • 400 different detailed deaths
  • Dying is part of the story, so there is no "Game Over". When a character you're playing as dies, you will play as a new hero, within the same story, in a different narrative path

How many roads are you willing to take?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Lucius III:

ABOUT
Lucius is back. This time he returns to his old neighborhood of Winter Hill. Through trials and tribulations we will finally see where the road takes him.
It's a difficult one. For the first time, his choices come to question.

Is it finally time to end it all?

Features:
  • Experience an In-depth and carefully crafted story, which takes the player through a wide range of emotional experiences.
  • Feel the full experience of playing the villain protagonist.
  • Experience the atmospheric and detailed environments.
  • Use powerful magical abilities to help your cause.
  • Explore the seamless little town of Winter Hill.
  • Over 20 tracks of original music that compliments to the atmosphere of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom