Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Apr 18, 2012.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 2

Looks like The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition has been released while I wasn't looking.
    I've heard it runs like crap compared to the normal un-enhanced edition, but the point is: it's free!?

^ Top  
  2. Mrowak Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Mrowak
    Project: Eternity
    Please, don't change. :no-homo: :love:

Edit: Seriously though, there are indeed some issues with the PATCH. The slowdowns you mentioned stem from something they did with Depth-of-Field. Disable that and it will return to working smoothly... but that's just a workaround.

More worrying are the issue with XBOX360 version of the game, which seems to be littered with gamebreaking bugs. Also no save compatibilty for PC causes equally gamebreaking glitches to appear in PC version.

And for a Enhanced Edition patch, it solves remerkably few issues that were present in the original game... it adds new ones instead.

^ Top  
  3. Tramboi Cipher

Tramboi
    You should use the interrobang for extra absurdity.

^ Top  
  4. Mrowak Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Mrowak
    Project: Eternity
    I hear it does... you will have to download 'only' 10 gigs. :troll:

^ Top  
  5. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Blargh, had to DL 13GB, didn't have time to play. Damn women!

^ Top  
  6. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Game Crashes for me on some cut scenes close to the end, So I can't watch new outro.... :xWaiting for the patch to EE. :lol:

^ Top  
  7. Rean Instructor Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Playing through the EE version now.

First thing I noticed was they shoehorned in a bit of Dandelion narration at the end of the prologue when you leave La Valette Castle on BROche's ship. The whole thing felt out of place and awkward to me. See, The Witcher 2 uses two different kinds of cutscene. One is completely in-game, so nothing looks out of place - it uses your graphics settings and your customised Geralt. The other is the stylised motion comic, which I'm just starting to appreciate. But this one... it was that kind of pre-rendered in-engine thing that console-to-PC ports are notorious for (see Resident Evil 4). It is exposition heavy and completely unnecessary. You know from dialogue and from quest entires that you basically just moved down river from La Valette castle. Dandelion doesn't annoy me that much but he's still a bit of a douche and his attempt at humour just fell flat. So that's one change I didn't appreciate.

Apparently there are Fallout-style ending cards and a new cutscene, so I have that to look forward to. Also, the lighting is much better.

^ Top  
  8. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    The cutscene issues might be fixed by switching to a 16:9 resolution, from what I've read. Worked for me on one of them

Yeah, CD Projekt are a true bastion of PC gaming.

^ Top  
  9. Vicissitudes Augur Patron

Vicissitudes
    But the most important question is: CAN YOU JUMP?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    Manbitch detected. That's what happens when you let your woman go rampant and cuckold you like her little bitch.

^ Top  
  11. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    Yo dawg this aint no Assassin's Shit. You wanna take a leap of faith or something?

^ Top  
  12. Alexandros Arcane

Alexandros
    I'm sure the issues will be fixed in time for the Witcher 2: Mega Enhanced Edition, out this Christmas on Wii U.

^ Top  
  13. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Thank Don't have time to play entire game but wll love to see the ending of my Campaign of Revenge and Terror Breivik Style. ;)

^ Top  
  14. Vicissitudes Augur Patron

Vicissitudes
    I just don't want to watch"cutscene" everytime when I want to climb/go down ledge (like when you had to climb this hill with the place where you fall into the rosy ruins where you can fuck bioware style...)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    Try Dark Souls, it's a better class of game overall and it has jumping.

^ Top  
  16. Rean Instructor Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Jesus Fucking Christ.

^ Top  
  17. made Arcane

made
    Sounds interesting. But is it TURN-BASED?

^ Top  
  18. Licaon_Kter Augur

Licaon_Kter
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    It has turn-based elements in meta, where you promote it on various forums to the despair of people who don't give a fuck.

^ Top  
  20. Is it a PC game?

^ Top  
  21. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    This is the Codex, isn't it?

^ Top  
  22. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    It's going to be really funny when DS comes out and turns out to be a worse port than TW2 was.

^ Top  
  23. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's why the only DOF in a game that I've seen done well was in Call of Juarez from 2006. It was only when you zoomed in and shifted depending on where you looked(background became blurry if you focused on the blade of grass in front of you and vice versa). It really accentuated the effect of particular focus. Generally though, DOF is bullshit like you say, being used totally wrongly to just blur everything unrealistically just so consoles don't have a hard time.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Black Arcane

Black
    I don't know, I usually disable every weird shit I find in config that sounds like it might be a hard drug or something. DoF, HDR, Light Shafts, MB, VS, shiet mang.

^ Top