Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips for first time playing KotOR?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hit ctrl alt del repeatedly and then next time play AoD

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Prepare to get Emotionally Engaged.

Up to this day Bastila from The Knight of the old Republik is one of my most memorable companions. Thanks to her I actually had my first "real" emotional moment in a pc game.

In my first playthrough I was (of course) being a good and shiny hero. So we bonded and everything was going fine until she was captured by this sucker Malak. And he started turturing her. That mofo! I was really sitting at my desk in anger and sweared to kill him for killing my beloved Bastila! Imagine my pure joy when I landed on some port and saw her in the distance! Alive and as beautyful as ever! Wohooo! So I ran to her and was totally and utterly shocked to discover that she had turned to the dark side! That is until today one of the most impressive moments a PC game created for me. Eventhough I was well aware that it was just a game and that I was just following a storyline on the cognitive level it got me deeply involved on an emotional level and for the rest of the game I desperately tried to "save" her.

In contrast on my second playthrough as The Lord of Evil I was happy to have a pretty chick beside me that I could rule the universe with.

I also still remember Mafia (the good 1st part) when I was walking home Sarah and in this dark alley we were approached by this bunch of thugs. I was not only beating them up, because the game mechanics wanted me to. I was beating them up to protect her.

So I guess what is working for me very strongly to get involved is to appeal to my protective instinct.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm going to resist the urge to spoil the game for you and just tell you that you really don't need to worry about anything. The game is pathetically easy. You aren't going far back enough into RPG history to really need to think.

Persuade is an ok skill, but if you plan to just go full dark side and force persuade everyone, it's kind of redundant.

Repair skill at 17 is necessary to get one of the robot's full backstory. I think you need to either be a scout or pick the Consular jedi class for that. Consulars are kind of weak though. Guardian class is stronger, I think. Well, at least it gets "force jump" which effectively warps you to a target instantly.

Also, probably quit reading this thread unless you know the plot twists already.

Modron

Arcane
CTRL+F Seven Times, phrase not found...
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom