Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top 10 role-playing games

Krokar

Scholar
Troll right?

If not then
facepalm.png

How the fuck can you consider FF and Diablo true RPGs while Fallout not?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
1. Planescape: Torment
2. Mask of the Betrayer
3. Fallout 2
4. Fallout
5. Deus Ex
6. Arcanum
7. Bloodlines
8. Jagged Alliance 2
9. Knights of the Old Republic 2
10. System Shock 2

Rick2257

Novice
Krokar said:
Troll right?

If not then
facepalm.png

Nope not a troll. Not trying to upset anyone either. FF and Diablo just remind me more of Dragon Warrior, Seventh Saga, and the old console games I played when I was a kid. But anyhow it doesn't matter. If it's fun, play and enjoy.

Sorry my post was a bit off topic.

Laugan

Novice
Krokar said:
Troll right?

If not then
facepalm.png

Kawaii RPGs fan is much worse than a troll... :?

Rakanishu

Novice
1 fallout
2 fallout
3 fallout
4 fallout
5 fallout
6 fallout
7 fallout
8 fallout
9 fallout
10 fallout

there are other great games that I loved of course PS:T,Arcanum,Darklands comes to mind,I won't do an exausting list here,I reserve that to necro all the threads that speaks of what's yours favorite rpg,what rpg do you recommend,and so on :lol: kidding of course :wink:
Damn I participated to this thread and now I smell rotting corpse again I've read so many old threads that it has become an habit to smell like that and be covered with spiderwebs

sparrowtm

Insert Disk 22
Developer
Rick2257 said:
I am new to the forum and have just enjoyed reading others posts for now. I don't get how people consider Mass Effect to be a RPG. I enjoy the game, but to me it is an action game. I didn't even consider Fallout to be a true RPG, but I guess others do.
To me, I guess I am getting old, an RPG is Final Fantasy, Diablo II, Ultima, Neverwinter Nights, Sacred I and II.

Don´t forget Dungeon Siege while you´re practising posting with an alt.

Le Edit: Bandwagons are Cool Control for Caps.

If I ever actually manage to finish Arcanum, that might be my favorite RPG, based on something I've talked about on the Codex before. Besides that I was a big fan of Bloodlines. Just thought it worked so well.

laclongquan

Arcane
1. fallout ???

What the fuck? I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?

Okay, I can understand it make the list. stand around the 5 I could even get it. But 1? Codexians are full of old farts nolstagic with old game. No other explanation!

If you fucks play Fallout 2 first, then visit Fallout 1 for curiousity you will see the sequel far superior to the predecessor. Fallout 1 cant even compare to PST, or BG2. It's abit of a toss up among Fallout1, Baldur's Gate1 and Arcanum, with Arcanum oh so slightly better.

Teh Coxde are teh decline! %^!$%#@#

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The list doesn't have much cred in the first place, look, Fable / Fable 2 nowhere to be found. You couldn't even fart in Fallout iirc. LAME.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
My updated list 'cause these are FUN!!!>>>

1. NWN1:TP
2. DA
3. FO2
3. BG2
5. ME
6. BG1
7. FO1
8. FF8
9. JE
10. FF6

Volourn said:
My updated list 'cause these are FUN!!!>>>

1. NWN1:TP
2. DA
3. FO2
3. BG2
5. ME
6. BG1
7. FO1
8. FF8
9. JE
10. FF6

I love it when someone declares their last partner one of the best lovers they have ever encountered, 5 minutes afterwards.

Let some time pass under the bridge and wait for the glow to die down, then think.

Then again, with NWN1 in first spot...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
laclongquan said:
1. fallout ???

What the fuck? I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?

Okay, I can understand it make the list. stand around the 5 I could even get it. But 1? Codexians are full of old farts nolstagic with old game. No other explanation!

If you fucks play Fallout 2 first, then visit Fallout 1 for curiousity you will see the sequel far superior to the predecessor. Fallout 1 cant even compare to PST, or BG2. It's abit of a toss up among Fallout1, Baldur's Gate1 and Arcanum, with Arcanum oh so slightly better.

Teh Coxde are teh decline! %^!$%#@#
Trolling? Fallout 2 was a "more of the same" game designed by 13 year olds who failed to get "the same" part right.

Silellak

Cipher
All of this debate regarding the superiority of Fallout 1 vs. 2, when the clearly-superior third entry in the franchise has been out for over a year.

And are we forgetting Fallout: Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel, as well? There's little point in arguing over who gets fourth and fifth place, people.

laclongquan

Arcane
FT BOS is more like tactical squad based action RPG than pure RPG. Put it into RPG is a bit of a lol, but oh well.

Fallout 1? I think the original idea is good. It's a pioneer game, so It made great impression. Fallout 2 is more of the same, okay, but in this case it mean F2 is BETTER. You know cooking, a piece of bread dough can be undercooked or cooked just right, right? Well, Fallout 1 is a piece of under-ovened bread, while Fallout 2 is just right. I can think of nitpicking details of F2 but I honestly cant think of way to change/repair it. Even its clunky battles.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
1 - DA
2 - Mass Effect
3 - Mass Effect 2
4 - Never winter nights
5 - Star wars bioware RPG
6 - Asiatic bioware rpg
7 - Baldur's gate
8 - Baldur's gate 2
9 - Baldur's gate expansion
10 - Neverwinter nights expansion

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I love it when someone declares their last partner one of the best lovers they have ever encountered, 5 minutes afterwards.

Let some time pass under the bridge and wait for the glow to die down, then think."

IIf the glow leaves then i will lower it. It wouldn't be the first time it happens. Besdies, I could probably swap various spots in that list anyways since a lot of is just random for exact spot. *shrug*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom