Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Torment 2 Interview with Brian Fargo at NowGamer + First Concept Art

hiver

They allow you to level up.
And that does what leveling up usually does.

Could be spiced up with more perks, and different ways to increase skill groups or individual skills... well, whatever fits the game and works good.

hiver

Whatever the fuck you make it to be.
What does it do in Skyrim? What will it do in Watseland 2?

How many times are you going to skip over i said that increases by use should be small, incremental?
It only does double the same work if you design it the way you think!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Before Wasteland 2 is complete. Otherwise, no, it's not known (except to a select few of us :kfc: )

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks for the info, Brother None!

Guess I'm going to start saving up then - a buck a day keeps the popamole away! :)

DraQ

Arcane
Whatever the fuck you make it to be.
What does it do in Skyrim? What will it do in Watseland 2?
Usually it does pointless arbitrary shit that could be either spread in time more using use-based system or done away with entirely.

How many times are you going to skip over i said that increases by use should be small, incremental?
Small increases sum up into big ones. Are you some kind of creationist? :eek:

Harold

Arcane
Before Wasteland 2 is complete. Otherwise, no, it's not known

Such an obvious answer. Were they to actually kickstart it after W2 release, no one would actually give them any more jewgolds after seeing the broken mess that W2 will turn out to be. My guess is that Fargo will kickstart this a few weeks or so after releasing the W2 video, so everyone still has the wool over their eyes.

Not sure if I'm :troll:ing

hiver

Nah. Im a consumer.
Well... i did just create a coffee... (and a small fart)

Small increases sum up into big ones.
Yeah... imagine that?

So like , in P:E you do all these fights. You fight and fight and fight, hack, hack, hack, slash, slash, slash....for days and days and days and even months of (in game) time and nothing happens.
All those fights you won - and survived - taught you nothing at all.

Right - right?

All that magic goes through your hands, or head or whatever... and you dont learn anything at all? Hundered and hundreds of times you perform spells, release energies.. - nothing.

No, you have to wait for some arbitrary point where it all dawns on you at once!

And you go see this old master and he teaches you something and you just know how to do it right at once. No training, no repetition needed to say, become proficient with a technique or a spell.
At best the screen fades to black - while the gameoworld waits frozen for few minutes or a day or two.

And then - voila! You just know it and no matter how many times you perform that technique nothing ever changes at all! You dont become incrementally better with it, you dont learn maybe how to incorporate that technique with some other.
Your strikes dont become a little bit faster, or harder or defense gets a little bit better, right?

And the spells...man... you read something from the book and you immediately know how to do it!

Its like riding a horse or driving a car. Someone tells you how to do it and you just do it!

Practice means nothing at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom