Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two mods for Bloodlines

opium fiend

Augur
I remember reading here about two mods that drain your blood pool over time, forcing you to feed and... forgot what else, but they make the game a lot harder. Maybe something to do with money, I don't know. Anyway, I can't find the thread, search doesn't work because I don't remember the mods' names, and "bloodlines" is far too broad. Help?

edit:

ok, managed to find them. Fledgling Mod and Bloodlust Mod.

If anyone can think of other mods that increase difficulty and 'realism', dump 'em here.

dolio

Scholar
Here is a mod that makes the game closer to pen-and-paper. The base part doesn't make the game more challenging, but there's an optional combat add-on part, and the pen-and-paper combat is much more deadly. Your overall blood pool is smaller, 10 points (although some skills have reduced cost), and weapons do a much larger percentage of your overall health (in p&p you only have 7 health levels before you're dead, and each successful attack might take one or more of them).

Anyhow, even early on, you can't take many hits anymore. People coming at you with weapons are fairly deadly. Blood packs are severely toned down, too, as I recall: feeding doesn't heal you (there's a skill that uses blood points for fast healing, though), and the packs restore 1, 2 and 3 points for the 3 qualities. So you can't use them to save yourself from death as easily.

This makes certain bosses a lot easier, however. Several bosses were made "difficult" by giving them enormous amounts of life, forcing you to dodge their attacks for several minutes while you slowly grind their life down. This mod sets them to 70 life (7 health levels) like everything's supposed to have, which means you can kill them pretty fast. That said, I didn't think those battles were very hard to begin with: just tedious.

You might want to give it a try.

Vibalist

Arcane
dolio said:
(in p&p you only have 7 health levels before you're dead, and each successful attack might take one or more of them).

Sorry for slight derail, but aren't you supposed to go into torpor when you lose your health?

dolio

Scholar
Possibly (if you lose exactly 7, or something). I haven't read the rules in a while. However, since the game is single player, that's about as good as dead, assuming that happens due to enemies, since they can then kill you at their leisure. There are a couple situations where an NPC could technically save you, but I don't think they're worth worrying about.

Vibalist

Arcane
dolio said:
Possibly (if you lose exactly 7, or something). I haven't read the rules in a while. However, since the game is single player, that's about as good as dead, assuming that happens due to enemies, since they can then kill you at their leisure. There are a couple situations where an NPC could technically save you, but I don't think they're worth worrying about.

True enough. But I'm pretty sure that torpor happens unless you're killed by aggravated damage (meaning you could technically lose a 100 health levels from bashing/lethal and still be alive, albeit in a pretty fucked up shape).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom