Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail DEEP STALKERS are total shit!!!

Trashos

Arcane
Anyone have an idea of how to spot them outside of using cheatengine to have endless ap and going around until you bump in to them?

A bit late to the party, and I see you got a number of good answers. But here is the most "standard" way to face crawlers (other than using traps), which I think hasn't been mentioned. I will be assuming you are against 1 enemy crawler.

Once it stings you, it goes hiding and you have 2 turns before you are stunned. Use these 2 turns to run backwards (away from where the crawler stung you), preferably to a corner where there is only one direction of approach for the crawler. The crawler won't be able to get to you before the stun is over. When the stun passes, you are now expecting the crawler to arrive again any second now. If you have Quick Tinkering, put down a trap right in front of you. If you don't, Throw a flare a few tiles ahead to reveal the returning crawler. If you see no crawler, throw more flares in the following turns. Once you reveal the crawler, you can begin battle on even terms. You should kill it within 1 turn, before it gets the chance to sting you again. If you can't kill it within 1 turn, try to stun it (use an ability or taser) or use adrenaline for more AP.

If you can't use traps/kill it within 1 turn/stun it, either your build sucks or you need to come back later.

ciox

Liturgist
What, no one else uses extrasensory perception to make stealthed stalkers follow them while they backpedal, then suddenly turn around and bump them out of stealth with a single step?

Trashos

Arcane
What, no one else uses extrasensory perception to make stealthed stalkers follow them while they backpedal, then suddenly turn around and bump them out of stealth with a single step?

I have seen other players mention the strategy I described, so no, I am not the only one who uses it.

I avoid all types of real-time gameplay (ie, having to do something outside of combat) with the strategy above, specifically because real-time gameplay can never be 100% fullproof. I just take advantage of the crawler's strategy and turn it against it in turn-based mode. All you really need is flares, can't get much simpler than that.

While I don't use the bumping method, I can foresee several things going wrong with it. What if the crawler stings you before you get to bump it? Also, even if you bump it, can't the crawler gain the initiative? Bumping crawlers is a simple plan, but it's not solid, and requires more effort than what I described.

ciox

Liturgist

I have seen other players mention the strategy I described, so no, I am not the only one who uses it.

I avoid all types of real-time gameplay (ie, having to do something outside of combat) with the strategy above, specifically because real-time gameplay can never be 100% fullproof. I just take advantage of the crawler's strategy and turn it against it in turn-based mode. All you really need is flares, can't get much simpler than that.

While I don't use the bumping method, I can foresee several things going wrong with it. What if the crawler stings you before you get to bump it? Also, even if you bump it, can't the crawler gain the initiative? Bumping crawlers is a simple plan, but it's not solid, and requires more effort than what I described.
I'm not really serious, it's just something that happens once in a while in a combination of luck and intuition, obviously I can't use ESP to make it happen reliably.

Jezal_k23

I choose a nice corner then plant a bunch of traps and throw a frag grenade. It brings all the crawlers in the area to the traps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom