Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

Elestan

Educated
Another Salamander bug:

Salamanders are not Disabled when reduced to zero HP.

Endarire

Scholar
It may due to having a large party (6 PC slots plus 2 charmed minions plus an animal companion), but fighting Belsornig and his force in the Water Temple and fighting in the SE Fire Temple (with the salamanders) has caused my game to repeatedly crash. Still unsure why.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It may due to having a large party (6 PC slots plus 2 charmed minions plus an animal companion), but fighting Belsornig and his force in the Water Temple and fighting in the SE Fire Temple (with the salamanders) has caused my game to repeatedly crash. Still unsure why.
Can you submit a crash report? (dump + logfile from when it crashes + savegame)

Endarire

Scholar
Oohlgrist seems to be considered a friend to all temple factions (Water, Air, Fire, Earth) when in our party, despite never having allied himself with any temple.

Full attacks against 'friends' are sometimes cut short. That is, I issue a command for a full attack, click the target, the first attack happens, and sometimes the later attacks are forgotten.

Endarire

Scholar
Units still occasionally make (Great) Cleave attacks against spiritual weapons, despite spiritual weapon invincibility. Bug?

Endarire

Scholar
Produce (F)lame
-Casting produce flame after moving ends that character's turn and prevents that character from throwing the flame that turn.

Elestan

Educated
Units still occasionally make (Great) Cleave attacks against spiritual weapons, despite spiritual weapon invincibility. Bug?
I think there are too many potential dumb moves to allow the AI to pick targets for the player; I'd prefer to see this fixed by just giving control back to the player so that they can choose the target of the bonus attack.

Endarire

Scholar
Should true seeing prevent/negate blindness? (Bug?)
-Just as the title says. I've seen it argued both ways, but largely in favor of yes because true seeing seems to allow even an eyeless creature to see in its range.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Attacker is not Visible
According to my rolls history, there's a +2 BONUS to hit subjects the attacker can't see. This seems like it should be a penalty.

Are you sure you're not talking about the bonus to hit when you're invisible (i.e. when the target can't see you)?

Endarire

Scholar
Absolutely. This +2 bonus was listed as granted to a ranged attacker attacking something she couldn't see, but that was in range and another PC could see.

Endarire

Scholar
Lesser globe of invulnerability blocked a friendly healing potion from taking effect.

Endarire

Scholar
Malformation
-Setting our party's formation in the formation window (F) only matters sometimes. Upon map entry, formation is broken and units usually move into a plus (+) or a cross pattern, assuming there is room for such a pattern. If there's too little room, the party squishes into whatever formation the game decides. This malformation has also happened sometimes when clicking areas with ample space.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Animate Meh
Minions made via animate dead do not cross map boundaries. (They're treated like summons instead of charmed minions in this regard.) This makes the spell uber lame since we can only animate select killed foes before their corpses rot away. You fixed the charm chain bug from before. This seems similar in difficulty to fix.

This bug may also apply to Rebuked Undead.

Elestan

Educated
Per the AD&D 1st and 2nd Edition books (including the original module), the Vodyanoi variants of the Umber Hulk are not supposed to have a Confusion gaze attack because they only have two eyes. The only 3.x version of Vodyanoi was a completely different Fey derivative published in Frostburn.

Elestan

Educated
Daily use magic items seem to require the crossing of a midnight boundary AND eight consecutive hours of rest to recharge. They should not need to rest. Ideally, I think, such items would keep track of their time of last use, and become enabled 24 hours later. Lacking that, they should reactivate at either midnight or dawn.

Endarire

Scholar
When GMing, I made daily use items recharge after the user rested for 8 hours or otherwise long enough to refresh his spells. It worked.

Elestan

Educated
When GMing, I made daily use items recharge after the user rested for 8 hours or otherwise long enough to refresh his spells. It worked.
I've always viewed most D&D magic items as self-powered, which means they shouldn't care about their owner's rest state; the item recovers in a day, and having the owner rest won't speed that up. I don't think there's an official ruling on this, though, so it's every GM for themselves.

Elestan

Educated
Per the original module, the Elemental Power Gems should not provide any power except for travel to their node, until they are placed in the Yellowskull (after which they no longer provide the travel power).

Elestan

Educated
Balor and Glabrezu demons are supposed to have continual True Seeing active.

Elestan

Educated
It seems like Spell Resistance check results are being persisted across reloads. I'm attempting to use a Rope of Entanglement on the Vrock, and I've noticed that if the Vrock's spell resistance cancels the effect, the Vrock remains immune to the rope, even after I reload from a saved game. Only exiting and restarting the game seems to reset this effect.

Endarire

Scholar
Is true seeing properly implemented in ToEE? I assumed it was and that the Balor had it working properly.

SR
Should spell resistance apply to each projectile of a spell (magic missile, scorching ray, etc.) separately? I was surprised that it did in ToEE.

Elestan

Educated
Is true seeing properly implemented in ToEE? I assumed it was and that the Balor had it working properly.

My rogue with Invisibility was able to walk right past him, and I guarantee her Hide was not good enough to escape his +38 (gah!) Spot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom