Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime We Need a Mobile Phone/Tablet Forum

Discussion in 'Participation Awards' started by LeStryfe79, Apr 8, 2018.

1. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Click here and disable ads!
    Okay everyone, the jig is up. There are plenty of good games on phones and tablets by now. They're not all clickers and whatnot. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, for example, is the most hardcore JRPG I've ever played. Nocturne on hard was easier.

That being said, nobody wants to fall behind. Games on mobile devices are only getting better and better. We all thought this sort of thing would be cool while we read our cyberpunk books in the 80s and 90s, and you are probably lying if you say otherwise. I'd almost bet my penis that Diablo 4 will be on phones. Almost. Not only that, but some badass Codexers like DavidBVal have proven that good RPGs can be made for mobile devices.

Make a damn forum for mobile device RPGs already. Please, Codex, don't be the next Blockbuster. Don't fade away..

• No x 7
    • Shit x 3
    • Heresy x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • popamole x 2
    • 'k x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Snorkack Arcane

Snorkack
    Parrots:
    No we don't

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yeah, I don't see a difference between a game that's plugged into a wall and one that's not. Dungeons and Dragons was a mobile game in the mid 70's you cunt.

• FAKE NEWS x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    There is no difference between hating on mobile rpgs now and hating on computer rpgs in the early 80's. I get it. Losers see time as a real thing and get stuck in quicksand.

You can't break me on this. Every single one of you will be playing mobile RPGs in 10 years. It's not a style or a quality. It's just a technology. How many of you only play C64 games? Yeah, go fuck yourselves, hypocrites. You just want to stay in your safe space and see this site fail.

• No No x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Spectacle Arcane

Spectacle
    Parrots:
    I think this is a good idea. Such a forum could be useful as a dumping grounds for thread about all games that are deemed insufficiently :obviously:, like the old console RPG forum was.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Parrots:
    Should that be similar to what the special olympics are to the olympic games?

I thought we have already enough categories where we could put games in e.g. you can post in general rpg discussion about a good tablet rpg. If the game is good it will most likely have pc port anyway (or even comes from there).

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Snorkack Arcane

Snorkack
    Parrots:
    Yeah, you don't see many things faggot, for example that there isn't even a dedicated console subforum, or an apple subforum for that matter. Also the two existing noteworthy mobile games that haven't been ported to PC don't warrant a subforum on their own either.
    Now kindly fuck off to kotaku or whatever that place is called these days, thanks.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. illuknisaa Learned

illuknisaa
    Parrots:
    But there is already one?

here

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Master Planetar Hi, my name is Liberal Patron Dumbfuck

Master Planetar
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Kocksucku

^ Top  
  10. Shackleton Arbiter Patron

Shackleton
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
    To my shame, I played this game for some period of time, which is how I know you're trolling. I don't call setting up macros on an android emulator to run 12h a day in order to get affinity skills, hardcore. It is the most 'second job' gacha game I had the misfortune to become mildly addicted to.

Thankfully, I got incredibly lucky and pulled two A2's on the Nier event so basically won the game and lost interest.

The only reason to game on a phone or tablet are emulators. Well, that and Buriedbornes. (Nm the absolutely terrible name, it is actually a good timewaster that isn't a gacha.)

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Leechmonger Savant

Leechmonger
    Parrots:
    Go ahead and name them.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    I don't give a fuck about the retarded shit you said about mobile games but I wouldn't mind a mobile layout for the site. Doubt anyone wants to pay for that shit though.

• No No x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. toro Arcane

toro
    Parrots:
    Actually this is a good point. The codex needs responsive front-end asap.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012
    NO. I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WEBSITES BEING DESIGNED FOR MOBILE PHONES AND TABLETS. FUCK OFF. I DO NOT WANT INFINITE SCROLLING AND GIANT FUCKING ICONS ALL THE OVER PLACE. DIE

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Crispy LG4lyfe Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Parrots:
    Here's what it feels like when I try to play a game on my smartphone:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Old Old x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    You can have 2 versions of the site retard. If the page detects you're on a mobile device it defaults to mobile layout.
    Or they could just do an RPG Codex app.

• No No x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. fork Savant

fork
    Parrots:
    Mobile layouts are cancer. Even on mobile devices.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Jacob Obviously Arcane Patron

Jacob
    Parrots:

^ Top  
  19. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    There are bosses in FFBE that take hours to beat and require good strategy and patience. Doesn't matter who you pull and in fact you can win these fights with loser characters if you're good enough. Nobody "won" the game by pulling anything. Go ahead and post screen shots of you beating the Fallen boss fights if you want to prove you're not full of shit. You can't. Everyone of you shitting on me is full of shit because you haven't actually tried to play a good phone game for any length of time.

Yeah, I play Buriedbornes. It's good, but gets repetitive. It also mostly boils down to luck in that game, far, far more than in FFBE. Like, I've played about 100 hrs of BB, and 1500 hrs of FFBE (mostly at work). I know what I'm talking about.

Also, I just found this new mobile game that sums up this thread really well...

NSFW

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Excited! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Master Planetar Hi, my name is Liberal Patron Dumbfuck

Master Planetar
    Parrots:
    Please list the mobile games that are actually good. If there is enough of those, and if they pass my personal inspection, I will add a mobile gaming subforum
    Show Spoiler
    to prosperland

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
    Exiled Kingdoms
    Dungeons of Chaos
    Buriedbornes

Those are the only 4 RPGs I would call good out of the many dozens I've played, but I think this number will increase greatly in short order. There's probably about 5 or 6 that just missed the cut too as far as I'm concerned.

I've only played about 15 minutes of Cunt Wars so that's still up in the air.

• 'k 'k x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Chad J. Thundercock Cipher Patron

Chad J. Thundercock
    Parrots:
    What's the matter, are you some loser stuck with functional layouts that are efficient and usable or some shit? Fuck you, HTML5 video of particle effects in the background, minimum 6 banner ads, everything slides around and a single page takes up 500mb of RAM.
    Web 3.0: Eat shit and die.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    I remember back in the day when RUN magazine was a mobile device. You would take it to a friend's house and program the game printed within directly onto a Vic 20. Monster in the Marsh was pretty cool. It was no Cunt Wars, mind you, but it had the basics of a mobile game. At least in 1984 it did.

250px-RUN_Premiere_Issue.png

• Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Master Planetar Hi, my name is Liberal Patron Dumbfuck

Master Planetar
    Parrots:
    Mobile layouts are more functional, efficient and usable, than old-school layouts from the nineties with thirteen tabs, twenty nested drop down menu options, tiny icons, and shit color scheme. And randomly sized windows popping up randomly in random places.

• thumbs down thumbs down x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. LeStryfe79 Wino Patron

LeStryfe79
    Parrots:
    Lastly, all I'll say is that a phone by any definition is a PC. You can't just claim there's a difference. Oh, you can try to be fake cool like those fags that like Ready Player One. Oh wow, nice bandwagon. Nice fair weathered shit. Nah. Your opinions are worthless. You can't see the future and you ignore the past. You caused RPGs to decline because you have no idea what you actually like. Let me say that again. You have no idea what you actually like. That's a drug addict.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)