Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What did you hate about Dragon Age: Origins?

Cael

Arcane
DLC is easy on Nightmare too until you fight The Harvester in Golems of Amgarrak. That fight just sucks ass, the Harvester is slow but hits hard as hell and somehow your weapons constantly miss it. He will spawn more helpers by doing an AOE attack that can take out nearly half of all your allies health in one hit. You are also given some of the worst allies in the entire game. One Golem, one rogue, and one warrior but you are not allowed to respec or choose any of their skills because they're fully leveled up.
These minions that he summons can outright one shot I and my companions on nightmare. The boss stops taking damage when the screen turns red and you have to press a switch to make him take damage again.
The entire fight is quite boring with the main strategy I used being constant healing and kiting with my main character mage. I can't fathom how this fight would've turned out if I wasn't playing a mage.
Killed it on Nightmare using my rogue MC. It was made even more retardedly difficult because ALL DLC items do not exist in other DLCs. That meant my rogue who had killed the archdemon and was wearing almost all DLC items started Golems in his loincloth...

sullynathan

Arcane
DLC is easy on Nightmare too until you fight The Harvester in Golems of Amgarrak. That fight just sucks ass, the Harvester is slow but hits hard as hell and somehow your weapons constantly miss it. He will spawn more helpers by doing an AOE attack that can take out nearly half of all your allies health in one hit. You are also given some of the worst allies in the entire game. One Golem, one rogue, and one warrior but you are not allowed to respec or choose any of their skills because they're fully leveled up.
These minions that he summons can outright one shot I and my companions on nightmare. The boss stops taking damage when the screen turns red and you have to press a switch to make him take damage again.
The entire fight is quite boring with the main strategy I used being constant healing and kiting with my main character mage. I can't fathom how this fight would've turned out if I wasn't playing a mage.
Killed it on Nightmare using my rogue MC. It was made even more retardedly difficult because ALL DLC items do not exist in other DLCs. That meant my rogue who had killed the archdemon and was wearing almost all DLC items started Golems in his loincloth...
Same shit happened to me so I downloaded the mod to fix that, but the awakening DLC is glitched and at a certain point you get captured and lose all gear anyway.

toucanplay

Novice
This has been my only positive experience playing Dragon Age: Origins.

I wanted to get rid of Alistair for Loghain because Alistair's so annoying. Since I don't want to lose any good armour, I strip him naked before the Landsmeet. Seems like something you'd do for a stag party, right? Alistair goes through the Landsmeet in his loincloth, watching me fight Loghain and win. Because of my deal with Anora, I decide to spare his life, and since I want to keep my eye on him, I decide to turn him into a Grey Warden.

Apparently I didn't "harden" Alistair. Whoops.

He turns into a huge baby, whining in his diaper in front of everyone. Anora realised that he's an embarrassment and would make a bad king; after that shitshow, I have to agree. She suggests executing him for stability of the realm, and having had all the work I've put into saving the world, I agree.

I then proceed to laugh my ass off as Alistair is carted away in his skivvies to his death, just because he couldn't act like a fucking adult for five minutes.

The best part is when I get control, and check in with my companions, and nobody seems to have any new dialogue, so it seems they just don't give a shit that I basically killed Alistair.

I then laugh again, because Alistair's annoyed everyone so much they'd rather deal with the guy who tried to have us killed than him.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
-> Forum full of people who claim they hated dragon age

-> get into aspergers arguments about beating the game on high difficulties.

Most of you are so brain dead it's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Instead of playing a shit game just quit after an hour or two like I did and play on easiest settings since combat sucks anyways.

Frozen

Arcane
Origins is not a shit game they are just being edgy.
Also, Origins combat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BG combat
million times

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
another thing i didn't like about da:o is that there's some massive urgent problem going down in every main city that you go to, so you don't get a chance to explore anything in its normal state. Contrasted with kotor games and first mass effect where a lot of the planets are just chillin and you get to snoop around and explore without everyone freaking out over whatever bullshit boss you're supposed to fight at the end

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom