Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2

MapMan

Arcane
Hey guys, its worth checking out:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

fullshelf2.png

You must be a fucking jew not to buy this. Machinarium soundtrack is worth way more on its own.

Also if you really cant spare a buck, you can enter 0$ and do a google checkout with any creditcard and get the games anyway.

Multi-headed Cow

I already own Braid and Machinarium and Osmos but BONER FOR CORTEX COMMAND

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Machinarium I've been meaning to get, might lay down the cash just for it. Osmos looks like a glorified version of one of those phone games where you're a fish and eat smaller fish, Braid is Braid and I've never heard of Revenge of the Titans. Cortex Command... what state's it in now? Last I heard, it was a badly-performing tech demo more than an actual game, but that was a while ago.

MapMan

Arcane
You don't know Machinarium or Cortex Command? Shame on you.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
MapMan said:
You don't know Machinarium or Cortex Command? Shame on you.

I read here that Machinarium was a good game, does that count? I dont really play much those times anyway...

Tails

Arbiter
Machinarium is pretty decent adventure game. Some can say it's pretty short but still it has great atmosphere, music and graphics. Same can be said about Braid, which takes more time to beat, though the puzzles and their difficulty differs. I don't recognize other games expect for Cortex Command. But this bundle is definitely worth getting just for those three titles.

MapMan

Arcane
I just played revenge of the titans and its a "tower defense" game with some additions, research and stuff.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Admiral jimbob said:
Osmos looks like a glorified version of one of those phone games where you're a fish and eat smaller fish

Don't be deceived. It's quite simple but becomes devilishly hard pretty fast. Quite good stuff.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Gonna be a jew here and pay 0.1 euros.

Edit: No way, holy shit. You can just pay 0.01 euros. :lol:

I ain't paying more than that.

scrooge.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Haven't looked at Titans yet, but I'm pleased as punch to get the full version of Cortex Command. Not sure how you're supposed to continue getting updates to it though. I guess they'll update the installer available via the indie bundle link? Don't see a key listed anywhere so I assume you can't make an account at CC's webpage to verify you own the game.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
They said that they'll support new versions, so my guess is that we'll get a new installer when the time comes.

MapMan

Arcane
No idea either. There are a couple of changes since I last played. Quite nice. The previous pack after 6 months, they did some kind of deal with valve and you could add all 5 games to steam. Maybe this time it'll be the same.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll lowball and maybe they'll add the ability to unlock a few on Steam. Wish they'd offer the original again.

Multi-headed Cow

MapMan said:
I just played revenge of the titans and its a "tower defense" game with some additions, research and stuff.
Yeah, just took a peek at it. Looking forward to dicking with it more, I'm a fan of tower defense games. Kind of a pleasant surprise.

Can't say I'm digging the manual clickety click it asks for though. You have to click to collect the resources from refineries, and click to reload turrets. Not unbearable, just not that wild about it. :M

deuxhero

Arcane
ortucis said:
How's "Child's Play Charity"? Any fun?

They're run by Penny-Arcade guys. Haven't heard anything else bad about them.

I think I get it today. I have the DLs from the first HIB and only ever played World of Goo (worth posting in a GameFAQs 500 topic)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom