Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The official Codex DA2 preview poll extravaganza.

I think that DA2 will be...

• ...HAWKSOME!! (Volourn, R00FLES!!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...entertaining and worth playing. (This kind of person takes it up the bum out of boredom)

• ...pretty mediocre but lulzy. (LPer's motivation)

• ...a piece of rotting shit not worthy of being talked around here. (Skyway)

• ...BAD CAUZ HAWSKE ISN OT A BRO! (BLOBERT)

• Total voters

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Voted LPer's motivation, with 2 caveats. First, It should read "pretty shitty but lulzy", and second the motivation will be to watch someone else's LP, not do one myself.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I didn't follow it closely but it seems that instead of fixing what was broken in DA, the fuckers decided to make some kinda popamole shit. I think it would suck ass as an RPG but might be an entertaining action game with some choices here and there, a-la Mass Effect 2.

They're very keen on marketing it as ME2 with swords, but the first one had similarly misleading hype. Either way I expect it to be fun, even if it doesn't tickle the rpg fancy.

I think Gaider&Co, the fantasy troupe, feel like they're now the underdogs to the younger, cooler, ME group.

Karmapowered

Augur
Crispy said:
My level of interest in DA2 is probably proportionate with that of Skyrim for most people around here. In other words, almost none.
This.

According to everything that I have seen so far, DA2 will have the entertainment value of :

brb_islandprincess_nds.jpg

Also, since Bioware indefinitely delayed support for their current, bug-ridden games :

- da':BUG
- Bugz Effect 2

instead joining Activision in the tight-knit club of "let's screw some more customers over today" with their marketing policies (higher price, less content, more bugs that will never be fixed!), I feel like holding indefinitely onto my payments for their games too.

60€/$/kopecks for such a piece of DRM shiet ?

No, thanks.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Best reply to your OP:

Please don't blame the game for crashing on your PC, that's just ridiculous! I've played through Origins 6 times and not once did the game crash....OK once but that was because of a questionable mod.

I vote for this thread to be locked down, it's not worth discussing any further.

"don't blame the game for crashing on your PC" - indeed, blame global warming, terrorists, and the millions of bees dying as we speak.

"because of a questionable mod" - Zevran enhanched penis mod?

Project: Eternity
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
I think Gaider&Co, the fantasy troupe, feel like they're now the underdogs to the younger, cooler, ME group.

My subjective impression is that the ME team (well the ME2 team at least) really is more competent than the DA guys. Writing, music and gameplay were much more enjoyable to me in ME2 than in DA, though the tech side seemed pretty much the same for both games, I didn't really have crashes in either.

Well, it's "runny turd" vs. "firm turd" I guess. :M

circ

Arcane
I had constant CTD's in DA:O if I had too many buffs up. 3 was usually enough -- and I then entered or left a building. That seems to be gone in 1.04, atleast I never had it crash but I didn't finish it again. I hear Awakening is a different story though. Maybe they had help from Obisidian on how do make code this? Still, patches don't fix voice acting, writing, artwork and so on.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
circ said:
I had constant CTD's in DA:O if I had too many buffs up. 3 was usually enough -- and I then entered or left a building. That seems to be gone in 1.04, atleast I never had it crash but I didn't finish it again. I hear Awakening is a different story though. Maybe they had help from Obisidian on how do make code this? Still, patches don't fix voice acting, writing, artwork and so on.

On a perfectly healthy PC, DA:O kept crashing upon opening the inventory, 30% chance. Now, how would that be my PC's fault? But I guess the biofags on social.bioware would surely find a logical explanation that would discharge DA:O of any responsibility.

Multi-headed Cow

baronjohn said:
No matter how shitty Skyrim is, it will be way better than DA2.
This. Even though Bethesda is derpy as hell lately I still enjoy their games more than Bioware's. I think part of it is because Bethesda's writing is bad and doesn't put on airs as being good, whereas Bioware's writing is usually bad and they act like it's hot shit. Plus Bethesda supports mods quite well, and hasn't done any retarded Bethesda-only-DLC-account-download-service-thing unlike Bioware. I dunno, Todd Howard might be simple but he seems like he's a bro. Just don't read any previews about Bethesda games and you'll do ok.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MrBrown said he voted option #1 for the sake of Gaussian distribution.

The other "person" that voted #1 was Vulee as you can see on his post near the top of this page and the last one is pretty obvious: Volly.

The guys that like to take it up the bum though... too many candidates.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
The game is looking pretty lame at this point. If I'm wrong, I still wouldn't buy it because of their greedy pricing and day-one DLC.

racofer said:
Today I tried to interview the DA2 developer team regarding some of DA2's features, but all I got in return was my thread closed and no questions answered.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5782775/1

However I will not give up and I shall continue my interview series on the up coming days. Truth must be heard!

: x

God speed. I just took a look at the Bioware forums, and my soul started to hurt. I will give them some props for actually responding to a good portion of the threads, they suck but at least they communicate with their fans.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"instead joining Activision in the tight-knit club of "let's screw some more customers over today" with their marketing policies (higher price, less content, more bugs that will never be fixed!), I feel like holding indefinitely onto my payments for their games too."

O RLY? BIo's most expensive game wa sNWN which is 8 years old. So.. how exactly are their games 'higher priced'? WTF, dude, WTF?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jools said:
circ said:

On a perfectly healthy PC, DA:O kept crashing upon opening the inventory, 30% chance. Now, how would that be my PC's fault? But I guess the biofags on social.bioware would surely find a logical explanation that would discharge DA:O of any responsibility.
I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but most people (including me), didn't have this inventory crash. There are bugs in DAO, but even the most bug-free game has crashes on some configurations. You were just unlucky.

Shoot here: :rpgcodex:

Put it this way: I usually have an ideological principle against pirating except where the developer has gone under and no longer owns the royalties. And yet I might just pirate AoD due to my feeling that VD owes me a decent game after I took his advice and bought DA1:)

DA2 looks far far worse.

waywardOne

Arcane
i'm embarassed i played DAO. i won't even waste the bandwidth to demo DA:ERP2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom