Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The official Codex DA2 preview poll extravaganza.

I think that DA2 will be...

• ...HAWKSOME!! (Volourn, R00FLES!!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...entertaining and worth playing. (This kind of person takes it up the bum out of boredom)

• ...pretty mediocre but lulzy. (LPer's motivation)

• ...a piece of rotting shit not worthy of being talked around here. (Skyway)

• ...BAD CAUZ HAWSKE ISN OT A BRO! (BLOBERT)

• Total voters

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
waywardOne said:
i'm embarassed i played DAO.
You poor thing. :(

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
J_C said:
There are bugs in DAO, but even the most bug-free game has crashes on some configurations. You were just unlucky.
I didn't have any crashes with DAO, but there's no denying it was extremely unpolished. The engine is a complete mess (2nd only to NWN2's - not too surprising since they share the same core), the leak made loading times go well over a minute by the time I got to the final stages of the game, and 1.03/Awakening broke so many things that they then never bothered to fix., instead churning out one shitty DLC after the other. There's simply no excuse for this kind of support. I can understand when a game doesn't sell so well and an independent developer is unable to keep patching it over a long time (though that didn't stop Atari and Obsidian AND Bioware from continuing to patch the NWN's over several years - they're still a mess even then, but at least they tried), but to continue supporting a best-seller with pay content while completely ignoring bugs that are being introduced by the patch itself is inexcusable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sceptic said:
no denying it was extremely unpolished. The engine is a complete mess (2nd only to NWN2's - not too surprising since they share the same core), the leak made loading times go well over a minute by the time
The game surely had its share of problems, I agree with that. Those loading times you mentioned drove me nuts. They were becoming longer and longer with each load, so1 I regularly had to restart the game. There were serious issues with the framerate at some points. I'm glad that the crashings avoided me at least.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
J_C said:
Those loading times you mentioned drove me nuts. They were becoming longer and longer with each load, so1 I regularly had to restart the game.
You were one of the lucky ones. In my case the loading times were tied to how far I got in the MQ, NOT to how long a single play session lasted. Restarting the program did nothing, I would've had to restart the MQ (and there was NO WAY I would do that).

There were serious issues with the framerate at some points.
I had everything maxed except AA (which was off) and the FPS hovered around 20-25. It's not unplayable, but since the visual were anything but stunning I was not impressed. There were also a few spikes of ~10, NWN2-style, which happened for no reason that I could tell (didn't try turning off shadows like in NWN2 though).

I'm glad that the crashings avoided me at least.
Same here. I've heard some horror stories about crashing, especially with 1.03 and up. Then again I never installed Awakening so never had to bother with this. But did a lot of people also get crashes pre-1.03?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom