Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might & Magic finally reaches the Xbox!

KalosKagathos

Learned
I played the DS version, and it's an OK puzzle game. Better than Puzzle Quest, that's for sure.

Ermm

Erudite
About the art style, upcoming Heroes of Might and Magic VI seems to be more tradinional in art department, but strangely, I kind of like art route they took with HOMM V.

Andhaira

Arcane
Look sinteresting, but I never liked Puzzle Fighter. Why couldn't they make this like Final Fantasy Tactics or something?

Is this only for the DS, or is this for the Xbox 360 too like the thread title says?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CrimsonAngel said:
KalosKagathos said:
I played the DS version, and it's an OK puzzle game. Better than Puzzle Quest, that's for sure.

yeah it is quite a fun puzzle game.

Puzzle game? They need the name for that?

Or maybe they are expanding M&M universe to new genres. Like it went to strategy from rpg.

DaveO

Erudite
Clash of Heroes was an overseas release before being offered elsewhere. I've known about it for some time since I wrote a History of M&M article.

ortucis

Prophet
Aww those devils look so cute. :lol:

Anyways, what was wrong with the current M&M graphics? They are cartoony and look just fine for the 360 crowd. Kinda pointless turning one cartoon style to another.

Though I DO want to see realistic M&M art style..

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Redlands said:
Mastermind said:
I love m&m and don't consider this rape.

You do realize we're talking about the Might and Magic game series and not about the chocolate, right?

Oh wait, MassDERPmind.

Yes. m&m7 is easily in my top 5. Also, butthurt detected.

KalosKagathos

Learned
ortucis said:
Anyways, what was wrong with the current M&M graphics? They are cartoony and look just fine for the 360 crowd. Kinda pointless turning one cartoon style to another.
I guess they chose to make the art style even more exaggerated because of DS' low resolution. Changing it again for the 360/PS3 remake would be weird.

KalosKagathos said:

Then i better won't buy it or another 100 hours will go down the drain.

Wolfus

Arcane
m_s0 said:
What. The. Fuck.

I'm not the kind of guy who rages over anything remotely resembling anime, but why did they even bother to call it Might & Magic? The franchise has been pretty much dead for years at this point so it's not like the title alone will help the sales. Hell, this anime look doesn't even match those new HoMM games, so calling this MM makes even less sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom