Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Multi-headed Cow

The only few that had issues were ones that dicked with the exe, like the script extenders for Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Valve and/or Bethesda updated the exe to make it work properly though.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sorry bro, this is my first foray into steamtardation, so bear with me a little bit.

But here's another question: what about dlc that you torrent for steam games? Or even dlc that you buy somewhere else?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But here's another question: what about dlc that you torrent for steam games? Or even dlc that you buy somewhere else?
Depends on the game. For Fallout 3/NV, just place the .bsa and .esms in the Data folder and check them in the launcher.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
So I bought the Oddboxx and Siberia 1&2

... and I'm having a blast!

Never imagined that Strangers Wrath was this much fun (after some calibration on the controller part, getting all kinds of buttons wrong) it works smoothly. Too bad it was a commercial failure.

Siberia 1 is an awesome game as of yet, only 2 hours in, but the puzzles make sense and are rewarding, no pixel hunting of any sort. Nice voice acting, too. :thumbsup:

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Anyone played AI War? It is the only thing on the daily deals today that I would get that I don't already have.

Monkey Island? Cool, I guess. I mean, my old disks probably won't work with Windows 7 so maybe pick them up just to feel nostalgic.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any other way to spend tickets than in Prize Booth? I have already bought Summer Shades and Alien Breed and I don't have any games I can get additional content for in that. And no potatoes to buy these games, otherwise I'd probably own some of them by now, but I just spent my money on applications to universities.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Got myself 2 dlc's for King arthur since I enjoyed the original game a lot when it came out and it seems to be more hours of the same. Also got Stalker Clear sky since its the only Stalker game I didnt have yet. I heard its shit compared to other ones but its 3 dollars so why not.

As far as tickets go, you can probably spend it on items for games that you might want to buy in the future. I think of getting warhammer40k, Guardians of graxia and Magicka one even though I dont have them. Chances are I am not gonna have enough tickets anyway since I am not trying to get every single one of them but rather only for games that I allready own.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Konjad said:
Is there any other way to spend tickets than in Prize Booth? I have already bought Summer Shades and Alien Breed and I don't have any games I can get additional content for in that. And no potatoes to buy these games, otherwise I'd probably own some of them by now, but I just spent my money on applications to universities.

Nope. They might do something wacky and add a new use for tickets on the last day but I highly doubt it. Four more for me today just on games I already owned. Only thing I bought was the Beat Hazard DLC at $1.24 since I only paid $1 for the base game it's a nice deal. The other sales are lackluster compared to past prices. Except for Call of Derpies, MNC, and maybe AI War all of it has been cheaper at earlier sales. Might have bitten on Guild Wars as a single player ARPG at 75% off but not at 50% -- now I'm regretting not getting DAO Ultimate for $10 the other day... unless the last four days of new deals are amazing, which I highly doubt.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
I believe DAO might show up again on the last day of sales, I still dont know if I want it though. I only watched some lets play videos and it seemed boring as fuck, but then again person playing was being a retard as well. Codex consensus was at first it was good then that it was shit. So no idea if I want.

Also how good is "The Kings Crusade"? Is it a lot like King Arthur or not comparable at all? Thinking of getting it if its on daily.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
mugarod said:
I believe DAO might show up again on the last day of sales, I still dont know if I want it though. I only watched some lets play videos and it seemed boring as fuck, but then again person playing was being a retard as well. Codex consensus was at first it was good then that it was shit. So no idea if I want.

Yeah I'm not expecting much but I've run out of stuff to play and had hoped this sale would replenish my list/backlog. I've literally only bought two daily deals so far: Beat Hazard DLC and Dark Messiah. There's a decent amount of non dailies I'll pick up at the end but still... I sort of doubt DAO will be in the encore sale, mostly because EA probably won't allow it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
haUIq.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Bought a ton of DLC today. All the new civs for civ5, Beat Hazard Ultra, the two non-prize expansions to AI War and the last King Arthur expansion.

I probably shouldn't have bought the civ5 dlc even at 50% off, but what the hell. Really kinda looking forward to Beat Hazard Ultra though.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Country_Gravy said:
Anyone played AI War? It is the only thing on the daily deals today that I would get that I don't already have.

Monkey Island? Cool, I guess. I mean, my old disks probably won't work with Windows 7 so maybe pick them up just to feel nostalgic.
I'm pretty sure the Monkey Island series is on GOG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nah, Lucas Arts stuff has never been on GoG -- although a lot of people have been asking for it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Beat hazard Ultra is nice, adds some much needed variety to the game.
It should've been a fucking patch though, but I guess 1 can forgive 1 euro.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
All the new civs for civ5...

Civ 5, bro, really? :rpgcodex:
It's not so bad. Still say that 4 is the best civ, but I like 5 well enough.

Also decided to FINALLY BURN UP A BUNCH OF TICKETS! Total ticket prizes so far: Spacechem missions, Killing Floor skins, Delve Deeper maps, AI War expansion, Zombie Driver map, Magicka map, Fate of the World mission, TF2 shades, Portal 2 snorkels, Alien Breed 2.

Edit: Just wanna say I tried Beat Hazard Ultra. Pretty great, the new enemies add a lot to it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dependent on your taste in the genre. There's a demo on Steam. For what it is, it's really good; however, I'm just not into the design and sit back and watch type of thing.

@ MHC -- I've seen people talk about 'bots' in Monday Night Combat but I assume they just mean the bots that head towards the money ball or w/e and not AI players?

Garm

Learned
So how is Disciples 2: Gold? It's being sold with JA 2 Gold for $6.24 and I'm pretty close to getting it...

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Dependent on your taste in the genre. There's a demo on Steam. For what it is, it's really good; however, I'm just not into the design and sit back and watch type of thing.

@ MHC -- I've seen people talk about 'bots' in Monday Night Combat but I assume they just mean the bots that head towards the money ball or w/e and not AI players?
Yep. The only singleplayer in MNC at all is a simple tower defense mode, can't skirmish the regular MP maps with AI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom