Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Derp Rising 2

Felix

Arcane
User was banned for: Dead Rising 2: WORST....ZOMBIE...GAME....EVER. (Permanent)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pfft, at least on the 'Dex we don't ban anyone for hate.

That said, anyone who can't manage the time limit is utterly retarded. If they want to explore a huge open world with zombies with no time restrictions, go pick up a Bethsoft game with a zombie mod or something.

The game has its flaws but timed missions aren't one of them, and especially not for the reasons cited in the article - i.e. it's archaic, it sucks, I haven't played a timed game since the SNES days, modern games are all about sandbox explorationzuh!

MapMan

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
I dunno, rescuing survivors has been pretty useful for me. A lot of them give you new weapon blueprints as a reward, and a lot of the missions are made easier and more amusing if you take a huge posse with you everywhere.

Survivors dont give you blueprints but leveling up does. Often when you save a couple of survivors at once you will instantly gain a level.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well there's nothing to explore in DR2, apart from doing that to find weapon parts

I never had any real problems with the time limit, although I failed 2 non-main-plot quests. One time I didn't even have any quests to do.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
MapMan said:
Fat Dragon said:
I dunno, rescuing survivors has been pretty useful for me. A lot of them give you new weapon blueprints as a reward, and a lot of the missions are made easier and more amusing if you take a huge posse with you everywhere.

Survivors dont give you blueprints but leveling up does. Often when you save a couple of survivors at once you will instantly gain a level.

Survivors do give you blueprints. At least, I remember getting the power guitar card from one. Also, you can find more combo cards by searching the areas you visit. Without a combo card you can't use the alternative attack of whatever weapon you make.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I'm feeling so damn sad now.

Rebecca is so hawt. Hottest 3D girl I've seen these years. Such a nice face and boobs and butt. Why must Capcom give such a ending for her???

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As a PC only gamer I never played the original and when I started playing this game I really disliked a lot of things. I felt rushed by the time limits, I felt like the bosses were all WAY too hard and I lost a lot of progress due to dying.

Now that I have 10+ hours into the game I am addict and love it. Once you realize how to play it, and how you should level, restart, level, etc., it really takes shape. Learning the map helps with saves and seeking out new weapon combos is a lot of fun. I don't think I will 100% the game or anything but I do think I will level all the way to 50 and then finally complete the story in one quick playthrough.

Great, great game... and daring too, because when you start and have no idea what to do it comes off as very annoying.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I heard its basically DR2 but with some small story changes to accommodate Frank. (and sandbox mode + some new weapons)

Most of the 'professional' reviews, for what they're worth, seem to say that its not worth it if you already played the crap out of vanilla DR2.

Deleted member 7219

Will definitely pick up Off the Record when it is in a Steam sale. I played the demo of the original DR on the Xbox and thought it was ok, haven't tried DR2.

Gerrard

Arcane
Nothing was removed from an inventory.

"Game runs like shit" is the only thing I can say.

Which is good as I actually contemplated going out and buying it yesterday.

Bromancer

Educated
Ran fine on my setup, but then again I didn't remove it from inventory. Played the original, so I managed to get through this one fairly quickly. What I did notice was that gameplay seemed smoother, and there were enough changes in the storyline to make things different. Worth a try, I guess.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Do you start with a shitty character?(no speed upgrades, etc)

How many days does the game have more or less?

M4BE1R0 said:
Do you start with a shitty character?(no speed upgrades, etc)

How many days does the game have more or less?

No speed upgrades but at least you start with a roll move from the beginning this time. Always thought it was dumb how much you needed to level up to obtain it in original, game is quite a hindrance without it. I only played a little of this so far but it seems to be pretty much exactly the same game, except with different character and slight improvements. Frank needs Zombrex as well, but at least he can inject himself wherever he wants, no need to go back to safehouse, unlike with the daughter in DR2. Game also gives you the same "72 hours left" message once you get to safehouse.
So basically it's the definitive version to get for whoever hasn't tried DR2 yet. Whether it's worth it if you already played through it depends on how much you liked it I guess. I'll happily go through it again myself.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I can't believe they are asking a price of a full game for a reskin of main character

Are there really retards buying this?

MetalCraze said:
I can't believe they are asking a price of a full game for a reskin of main character

This should've definitely been released as a free update or at least a cheap DLC for those who already own the original. Can't bitch much myself when I play it for free, but I feel sorry for whoever buys this expecting a fresh DR2 game.
Regarding performance, runs perfectly on my mid-end system, settings maxed except for blur because fuck blur. Same performance as DR2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So basically if I never played Dead Rising 2, there's no reason to? Just play this?

reaven said:
Go straight for off the record, it is so much better.

Definitely. Off The Record makes original DR2 obsolete. Improvements to the main game, plus addition of sandbox mode.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I read a thread on steam that said the game was like 15 euros, isn't that a DLC price-tag in Jewrope?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom