Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilds in Skyrim.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
In the long run, joining with the Stormcloaks is best to preserve the belief in Talos. The Empire are nothing but the Thalmor's bitch already.

There's a book that describes how the Thalmor's plans span over centuries. Their ultimate goal is not to enslave humans, but erase them completely. That's the goal behind rooting out the belief in Talos.

.Sigurd said:
Commissar Draco said:
They technicly didn't wanted to kill you, just took care of witness who got in the wrong place and time, their first mission is delightful suicidal, You're to take Fort full of bandits alone. :smug: Factions in Skyrim are not so sweet an kandy like in Oblivion. Also there is a book how the Ulfric the Stormfagot took town ruled by natives and put everybody to sword... The natives were not J... I means Falmer Elves but local humans including Nordics... I mean Nords. I bet his rebelion is backed by Thalmor.

Thalmor controlls Summerset Island, Walenwood, Elswere, Argonia and Half of Hamerfell... It's half of an Empire and only prosperous parts left are Highrock and Skyrim. Without Empire support Thalmor will take Skyrim with ease. And Proud A... I mean Human race will be slaves to Elves once more. :lol:
The Thalmor have Black Marsh? Are you sure? So far I know Black Marsh invaded Morrowind after the Ministry of Truth came crashing down on Vivec and became an independent kingdom
They don't. Black Marsh is impossible to conquer with the Hist around. Not even the Daedra could take it.

Luzur

Good Sir
no, Morrowind got its southern part occupied by Argonia (up to Almalexia, if i remember it correctly) and the slave lords lost both their lizard slaves and their heads, the Nords invaded fromt he north-west but didnt get far, so they annexed Solstheim and called it victory.

and from what ive read ingame the Thalmor controls Valenwood, Summerset Island with Elsweyr as allies.

Hammerfell as far as i can read is not occupied any longer since the Thalmor lost to redguard rebels and got thrown out or something.

kinda hard getting a complete picture of it all.

also, LOL Bethesda and its 200 years fetish.

Captain Shrek

abnaxus said:
In the long run, joining with the Stormcloaks is best to preserve the belief in Talos. The Empire are nothing but the Thalmor's bitch already.

There's a book that describes how the Thalmor's plans span over centuries. Their ultimate goal is not to enslave humans, but erase them completely. That's the goal behind rooting out the belief in Talos.

Source and you got me joining Stormcloaks.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Captain Shrek said:
abnaxus said:

In-game book "Great War" and a two-part book "True Face of the Thalmor" (IIRC).

Also, Michael Kirkbride.
To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Gord

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:
abnaxus said:

Unless the Thalmor just invade weakened Skyrim and quickly put an end to Talos worship.

Also I get a feeling that while Talos worship is forbidden "officially", the empire is not really trying to stop it.
Whiterun is part of the pro-Empire faction and yet they have a priest openly worshiping Talos right in the center of the town.

Unless he gets killed/removed at some point, don't know about that.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Gord said:
Captain Shrek said:
abnaxus said:

Unless the Thalmor just invade weakened Skyrim and quickly put an end to Talos worship.
I doubt they'd be able to quickly run over Skyrim. They'd just run into another guerrilla war and get slowly beaten, like in Hammerfell.

Captain Shrek said:
Mind you, the Stormcloaks aren't exactly hindering the Thalmor. If they succeed in weakening the Empire, that just makes the job easier for the Thalmor. So there's a little more Talos worship; it's pretty irrelevant when it's that much easier to just remove the worshipers.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Admiral jimbob said:
Haven't finished the main quest yet, but am I on the ball in thinking the player character might be an avatar of Lorkhan himself
Nords gonna be butthurt then since I'm playing with an Elf :M

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I'm still going with the character being BROvakhiin, empowered by BLOBERT with his all-caps words of power to bring justice to the dogfuckers and drink fine mead.

BROS, UNRELENTING BROS
Kirkbride said:
Lorkhan and his avatars:

1. Wulfharth L
2. Hjalti O
3. Ysmir R
4. Talos K
5. Arctus H
6. Septim A
N

Gord

Arcane
Additional piece of info for lore-fags I just found by accident:

In Skyrim, many of the Stormcloak Rebels only acknowledge the Eight Divines. Talos is not included, most likely because they see Tiber Septim/Talos as a symbol of the Empire they are fighting against, and so refuse to deify him.

Captain Shrek

abnaxus said:
Also, Michael Kirkbride.
To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Stormcloaks it is.

Rod Rodderson said:
Mind you, the Stormcloaks aren't exactly hindering the Thalmor. If they succeed in weakening the Empire, that just makes the job easier for the Thalmor. So there's a little more Talos worship; it's pretty irrelevant when it's that much easier to just remove the worshipers

Doesn't matter. After the quest in skyrim, Nords will unite under the Dragon born and rape the shit out of Aldmeri as they once did.

Canus

Savant
Guys if we're going to larp picking side here it has to be Empire.

Firstly the Empire was founded by a dragonborn, you are a dragonborn.
Secondly the Empire is clearly in need of new leadership.
Thirdly if you side with the Imperial Legion and put down the rebellion you'll be a hero of the Empire.
Fourthly if you look around the Thralmor ambassador's house you can find their reports on Ulfric.
Finally, and bringing it all together, the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

Side with the Empire. Become the Empire. Rejuvenate the Empire. Destroy the Thalmor.

and so ends the larp faggotry.

.Sigurd

Educated
abnaxus said:
.Sigurd said:
Commissar Draco said:
They technicly didn't wanted to kill you, just took care of witness who got in the wrong place and time, their first mission is delightful suicidal, You're to take Fort full of bandits alone. :smug: Factions in Skyrim are not so sweet an kandy like in Oblivion. Also there is a book how the Ulfric the Stormfagot took town ruled by natives and put everybody to sword... The natives were not J... I means Falmer Elves but local humans including Nordics... I mean Nords. I bet his rebelion is backed by Thalmor.

Thalmor controlls Summerset Island, Walenwood, Elswere, Argonia and Half of Hamerfell... It's half of an Empire and only prosperous parts left are Highrock and Skyrim. Without Empire support Thalmor will take Skyrim with ease. And Proud A... I mean Human race will be slaves to Elves once more. :lol:
The Thalmor have Black Marsh? Are you sure? So far I know Black Marsh invaded Morrowind after the Ministry of Truth came crashing down on Vivec and became an independent kingdom
They don't. Black Marsh is impossible to conquer with the Hist around. Not even the Daedra could take it.
Never understood what the hist are. I know they are some kind of sentient tree but how can they stop the deadra or the thalmor?

Finished the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, companions, now working on mages.

The companions were absolutely dull, quests could be pulled straight out of an mmorpg.

Dark brotherhood was so-so, far worse than the oblivion iteration, nothing like the murder mystery house quest.

Thieves guild was better, the randomly generated quests fit the job, end armor looks cool.

I'm getting the impression that most of the faction quests just send you deep into tombs to find stuff guarded by level-scaled draugrs.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sounds like at least there is moral ambiguity here with the two factions. That's better at least. Also nice to hear that there are books and other things referring to the events post-Oblivion.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I like that you kill

the very emperor

in one of the dark brotherhood quests. Trying a bit too hard, much? Actually each quest line ends in either some "chosen one" (as if the DRAGONBORN! is not enough) schtick or some other overly epic worldchanging event. Truely the player must feel special!

Drakron

Arcane
.Sigurd said:
Never understood what the hist are. I know they are some kind of sentient tree but how can they stop the deadra or the thalmor?

Nobody really knows who the Hist are, I suppose since they are connected to all of the Black Marsh they are pretty much omniscient ... likely there is more but I doubt the Thalmor wanted Black Marsh, even the Ayleids that were next door only founded two cities on Black Marsh, the place is a swamp after all.

Gord said:
Additional piece of info for lore-fags I just found by accident:

In Skyrim, many of the Stormcloak Rebels only acknowledge the Eight Divines. Talos is not included, most likely because they see Tiber Septim/Talos as a symbol of the Empire they are fighting against, and so refuse to deify him.
"The Eight Divines." The Stormcloaks, proud Nord supremacists, worshiping the Cyrodilic pantheon (sans Talos). That's a load of bollocks. Nords have their own pantheon, most importantly containing Shor, the god of man, and their big hero. Don't even need to worship Talos if they have him.

Bethesda really gives a strange impression when it comes to the world's lore. On one hand, you get all sorts of neat little details. On the other, you get a rather derpy overall picture.

Data4 said:
N=Nereverine?

Okay, maybe not, but...
Nah, the Nerevarine wouldn't be a Shezarrine. Totally different cultures, if nothing else (the eight planets and the space god aren't really a Dunmeri thing).

abnaxus said:
N = Pelinal Whitestrake, surely?
That thought crossed my mind too, but he'd really be the odd one out, wouldn't he? The other six are all from the third empire (or its formative stages). Pelinal is a First Era fellow. Unless it could be the CoC-as-Pelinal from Knights of the Nine, which would fit a little better. (But then why not both Pelinal and the CoC-as-Pelinal? The list doesn't seem to be shying away from degrees of redundancy.)

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
It seems unavoidable that the N will be an odd one out, the others are all either very closely related or the same person. Ysmir is an odd one - from my understanding, it means either Talos or a title given to Talos. I get the feeling it's someone we haven't seen yet, and being the last letter in the name, someone who'll be of more import than the suggested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom