Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New info on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Melcar

Arcane
BULLSHIT!!!

Monocause

Arcane
This thread has terrible amounts of poor quality shit-flinging even for Codexian standards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Volourn I took a shot with max settings just for you:
oo7k.jpg

Do you really want to say that looks better than BG? We're talking still shots here, not animations.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Do you really want to say that looks better than BG?

Better than IWD too. Remember, NWN looks better than the IE games.

Wow, I didn't remember it was that bad.

The only difference between max setting and low settings is the resolution of the textures, which are shit anyway.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Wow, I didn't remember it was that bad.

NWN's looks are honestly just that bad. I got it just after release because 'old sage's ominous voice: "Neverwinter Nights..."' and I was not impressed at all by the visuals

just imagine going from icewind dale to that, how the fuck are you supposed to go 'ooh 3d pretty'?
just compare the love the look of an infinity engine house's interior gets alone to anything in NWN

the quality is very apt for the provided campaign though

and of course you won't give a damn if you're playing decent modules so that's something at least

The only difference between max setting and low settings is the resolution of the textures, which are shit anyway.

nonono, there's also having SEVERAL DYNAMIC LIGHTS acting on models! Feel those varying shadows emanating from the characters! They speak of technology in motion

tehRPness

Educated
I seriously don't know what the heck is wrong with you guys.

BG was always cheesy as hell, which is why it was so great and its over-the-top-epicness so awesome.
And the graphics in BG 1 (!!) were never that great. Just in your memories, trust me. I replay that game every odd year, and really, it doesn't look better than the screenshot above.

And they add more of that plus better modding tools for everyone to enjoy plus bugfixes plus tablet support (yeah, the evil new technologies, spooky!) plus...

Okay, the price does seem a bit high for a 10 year old game, that's true.
The graphics are WORSE than they were in 1995, for one.

tehRPness

Educated
:edit: It's kind of funny that screenshots and bits of info are so hard to come across. It's almost like they know they should be ashamed.

What would they show? Screenshots of decade old stuff? They don't have much new and the old stuff won't excite anybody.
I thought they had nothing new, yet I log on here and see these pics, as well as info on the new NPCs. On the official forum and on reddit, there's zero info on EE. I just found it intruiging that the codex has screenshots that aren't supposed to exist o_O

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
/snip
Do you really want to say that looks better than BG? We're talking still shots here, not animations.
I won't argue that NWN graphics are better than, or even approach IE graphics, but beyond the incredible awfulness of the default tileset, a lot of the player-made ones are pretty nice looking. Or at least not actively painful to look at.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
they add more of that plus better modding tools for everyone to enjoy

just to clarify this crap, they are adding N O T H I N G. in fact they're using modding tools created by the community to integrate their areas. overhaul has not written their own tools so they have to use dltcep.

Scott Brooks said:
No tutorial, but our work flow is basically:
1: 3DSMax create the world and render the result.
2: load it into DLTCEP(we found doing the search maps easier in gimp/photoshop and then import the bitmap rather then doing it in DLTCEP)
3: do the clipping in DLTCEP
4: export it out.

we don't have the tool source/binaries that work. From what we've heard from people that used the tools, DLTCEP is better, or at least has less sharp edges

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"they are adding N O T H I N G"

Lie. It might be shit, but they are adding stuff.

P.S. NWN graphics > BG graphics.

Period.

Only the blind and ignorant think otherwise.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
P.S. NWN graphics > BG graphics.

Period.

Only the blind and ignorant think otherwise.

:/

I really try to be objective and try to see counter arguments all the time, but what? Do you really believe this Volly?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I believe in truthz, and that's the truthz. Do the very simple math, Kodexian.

waywardOne

Arcane
Or at least not actively painful to look at.
Or painful to play when climbing up a hill is literally the same thing as going up a ramp. What makes it worse is that it's not true 3d because any object occupies the entirety of its Z axis.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hello. Is this the thread where Codex is talking about graphics in their RPGs ? I come from the Ultizurk thread.

Ethan Duvall

Learned
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Since Volly gave me a Brofist for trying to make sense, i came to think that perhaps his ridiculous pleas are in fact a tiny part of him secretly calling for help : that little part that somehow managed to stay sane despite those long biowarean years, now pining for salvation, but being utterly terrified of getting squashed if the remaining 98% of his psyche were to notice it...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You just proved how stupid you are. More likely I gave you a brofist because I don't take brofists seriously and like to give them out randomly to idiot Codexers who do take them seriously and actually stirve to earn them. Don't be an idiot. I wouldn't want to be your bro if your were the 2nd last person on earth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom