Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy: All The Bravest

deuxhero

Arcane
In other "SE is dumb as bricks" news.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/1...coming-to-ios-uses-active-time-battle-system/

What really pisses me off is it means the "all the bravest" trademark in Europe wasn't for an international Bravely Default release. Square has good games, but they are refusing to let us play them!

EDIT: Trailer:

bacontron

Novice
Whoever decides what games get localized over at Square needs to be fired. It makes absolutely no sense to keep localizing these bullshit ios and browser games, but keep the game people are willing to burn money for in Japan. I was really looking foward to Bravely Default too. I really hope that Square decides to port that after enough fan pressure

TigerKnee

Arcane
Square's localization policy right now is basically "No Risk/Low Reward", which is basically a knee-jerk reaction to putting all their eggs in the FF13 basket and watching them all break when they dropped it.

Unless the economical climate starts to boom, they'll probably turtle for some time more.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't understand how a Japanese company could not get their money back from localizing into English. So many people can understand it as their 2nd language it basically opens up half the world to you as a market.

Ermm

Erudite
In before ''Square Enix'' destroyead finael faentasy
(not that it isn't true, though).

About this, I saw gameplay video of it, and it's just a mad touch screen tapping. No skills involved whatsoever.

This sounds like literally the dumbest battle system ever. Apparently the iTard nextgen experience is Awesome Tapping™.

deuxhero

Arcane
I don't understand how a Japanese company could not get their money back from localizing into English. So many people can understand it as their 2nd language it basically opens up half the world to you as a market.

Apparently (just starting learning moon now, so this is hearsay) the old version of the official BD site mentioned the suits didn't let them use the FF name because not being a linear cutscene fest would confuse people and moved its headquarters based on the advice of a psychic, ignoring how they would lose some of their most prominent employees because of the move (~7:30), so you can't really say SE's corporate culture is sane.

Ermm

Erudite
This sounds like literally the dumbest battle system ever. Apparently the iTard nextgen experience is Awesome Tapping™.

Yes, and everything happens automatically. There was the video from IGN (yeah, it sucks and all that) which actually summarizes the game perfectly. I couldn't believe what I saw.

TigerKnee

Arcane

Liscensing, Manpower that could be distributed elsewhere (both programmers and translators), Distribution and Manufacturing (unless you want to do Download Only, which has its own problem), Dubbing (the public in 2013 basically demand English voice acting as an option or you'll lose a lot of sales)

Localization actually isn't that cheap, especially nowadays with higher translation expectations and especially VA driving up costs means a lot of games are now getting pushed out of the "viable to be localized" range.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
Those sprites make me wax nostalgic. It's tragic that Square didn't create a real ATB system for all those characters... would have been marvelous on my GBA SP a few years ago...

Addition: I watched the Appspy review on Youtube, and this "game" is criminally horribad.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I have no idea what the hell is going on in the screen(s). Looks like a horrible clusterfuck. Is this a game? How are you supposed to play this?

TigerKnee

Arcane
I have no idea what the hell is going on in the screen(s). Looks like a horrible clusterfuck. Is this a game? How are you supposed to play this?

It's a "social game".

If you haven't played any of those, it looks like a clusterfuck because the combat system of most social games might as well just have a popup that trades "energy"/time for other resources.

Then you trade your resources and that's the "gameplay." Playing a virtual economy.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Of course they have fucking cloud. Yeah, no final fantasy game would be complete with the world's favorite emo amnesiac.
Fucking idiotic faggots.

When the FUCK did SE get so fucking retarded about games?

spekkio

Arcane
When they went bankrupt after FF: Spirit Within and were bought by Enix?

:roll:

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
When they went bankrupt after FF: Spirit Within and were bought by Enix?

:roll:

EVERY major person responsible for the decline is from Square's side.

EVERY

Wada - Square
Kitase - Square
Nomura - Square
Toryiama - Square
Nojima - Square

Please tell me how Enix ruined Square, because they were already on their best way to it.

No, while Spirits Within is still majorly responsible it happened because Hironobu Sakaguchi lost creative control over the company and had to resign. Which happened before the merger.

And Sakaguchi was basically the one who greelighted all the good stuff.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Has Hironobu Sakaguchi said anything at all about Square's decline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom