Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Edit: Alternative option: Let the players decide what to do with Troll and Tower; add romance option (between tower and troll)

Apart from the bromance thing, this makes more sense. Let player decide (fight, don't fight, help, don't help) = choice & consequence.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Edit: Alternative option: Let the players decide what to do with Troll and Tower; add romance option (between tower and troll)

Apart from the bromance thing, this makes more sense. Let player decide (fight, don't fight, help, don't help) = choice & consequence.

There should be some default outcome for when you refuse to get involved, no?

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Not getting involved = they have no idea why they should be fighting. They hug it out.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Remember folks, if you don't stand with us you stand with Watchwitz and their flock of pagan, pan-sexual, passive-aggressive pocket-Hitlers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man, I wish I had more than a measly student job so I contribute more to the glory of Codexia :(
Rob a post office.

Someone did that 6 years ago here and then got caught, but wouldn't tell where they hid the money, but the police knew it was in a park in Copenhagen. So in some random park in Copenhagen, 40 million crowns (7.5 million bucks or something) is hiding.

I find them, I guarantee we'll win!

Today: head to head 2.5k for both

Tomorrow: 2.500k for watch 7.502.500 for Codexia!

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Chipped in a bit more since I remembered I have a pre paid CC with some random CHF still on it. Can't let the watch win after all.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
6z0byo.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, so, I can donate ~25$, but, will I get a copy as per Kickstarter pledge breakdown? As far as I understand, codex will get just 20 copies and I lack any creative talent to participate in any competition to even have a chance to get it. :(
If you donate $25 and don't get any I'll give you one of mine, guaranteed.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I *believe* a number of us are already backing the KS, so there should be quite a number of copies from this drive people won't need (like myself).

Angthoron

Arcane
Okay, so, I can donate ~25$, but, will I get a copy as per Kickstarter pledge breakdown? As far as I understand, codex will get just 20 copies and I lack any creative talent to participate in any competition to even have a chance to get it. :(
If you donate $25 and don't get any I'll give you one of mine, guaranteed.
Same. Though maybe Larian will be BROs and give us more copies.

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I can give away a copy as well since I get two copies of D:OS on the 65$ tier.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have gone over the RPGWatch to read their thread. Regardless of the fact that I think they're a little insecure with their place on the Interwebz compared the the Codex, their site just seems rather bland. Their front page is a cluster of headlines and boxes and the color (or lack of) makes it look rather amateurish. What DarkUnderlord and Taluntain have done in the last few years has really elevated this site as far as the "technical" part is concerned. Then add in staff such as Crooked Bee, brofisting harvester Infinitron and others that have created or linked to great articles, the Codex seems light years ahead of the Watch. I should also point out that I stay as far away from the GD forum as possible so I know my Codex view is a little distorted. Now granted, I've almost never been over to the Watch much and the only articles I've read from them were ones posted here. So, regardless of money raised*, I see the Codex as the clear winner on so many levels.

*of course, I still pitched in more cause I won't have some stupid tower beat our beloved troll!!!

Angthoron

Arcane
Towers aren't a learning animal anyway*. Troll is, to troll better.

*They will, however, be a leaning animal once our trorru is done with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom