Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

annoying the fallout community!

elander_

Arbiter
dethtoll said:
i'm amazed that you guys can rip my article, and me, to pieces, and still not get the joke.

it looks like i've caused a riot, so now that i've had my laugh (thank you roshambo for that wonderful proving-me-right thing) i'm just going to climb back into my hot air balloon and escape into the balmy skies. then i'm going to play nothing but bethesda games, and laaaauuugh and laugh.

actually, no i'm not because i could care less about bethesda and their games.

ta!

I usualy do this on the metro after 20h00. I use a long black jacket with no cloths under. So when the train stops and everyone enters the train i open my jacket and everyone starts looking and i cry...

YOU PROVE ME RIGHT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Rosh

Erudite
elander_ said:
I usualy do this on the metro after 20h00. I use a long black jacket with no cloths under. So when the train stops and everyone enters the train i open my jacket and everyone starts looking and i cry...

#1 on the List of Things to Never Admit. Okay, maybe not THAT bad, but it's still pretty terrible.

:D

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
elander_ said:

YOU PROVE ME RIGHT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I tried that once but it's so cold without clothes under the jacket that I quickly gave up.

MountainWest

Scholar
Just once I'd like to see a so-called troll come and rip everyones arguments to pieces with intelligent counter-arguments - or at the very least play at the same level - instead of proving beyond all doubt that they are in fact as mentally retarded as someone who enjoys trolling must be. However, in this case - a trollish physical appearance aside, no doubt - I don't believe he was a troll in spirit. He just lacked the brain-capacity to stay and therefore took the easy way out.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
dethtoll said:
then i remembered how i had gotten into an argument with a hardcore fan who was practically engaging in self-mutilation over every single piece of news concerning FO3 since its acquisition by bethesda. when he heard that an ex-looking glass employee was lead designer he nearly had apoplexy; apparently thief "sucks" because stealth is lame.
Actually the Thief series is pretty good and stealth is a strong aspect and one of the key play-styles of Fallout. Be interesting to know who that Fallout fan was.

Article wasn't very interesting though. It would've been more interesting as a "review" of the Fallout community itself, rather than coming up with your own stupid ideas of what would make a sucky Fallout game.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Rosh said:
elander_ said:

#1 on the List of Things to Never Admit. Okay, maybe not THAT bad, but it's still pretty terrible.

:D

I rape puppies.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
The Vanished One said:
Possible forecast:
Bethesda will develop Fallout 3 using Oblivion's engine, fallout fans won't like it. Someone will write "fallout 3 sucks" in Bethesda's forums and they will change it in "Fallout 3 Is The Best Game In The Universe".
Well, I think they just Replaced the word "Suxxors" or something like that.

So you could say something like "The world today sucks" and it'd read "The World today is the best game in the universe"

kris

Arcane
dethtoll said:
i'm amazed that you guys can rip my article, and me, to pieces, and know I am such a joke.

Nothing to be amazed over really. I am pretty sure none needed much effort for that.

dethtoll said:
I can't stand your whining, so I am going to whine about it!

Indeed. Personally I would like to say that angry people makes me so angry!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I actually wrote two small opinion pieces on Fallout, one of them being about the community. Pretty crappy, not going to link to them since they were typed in a hurry and more as a small but (hopefully at the time) poignant bullet list of situations under which they found themselves and why Fallout fans were no worse than any other fan community.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about annoying the Fallout community. It's like someone decided it would be a badge of honor for retards who can't even properly argue over the internet.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The only community as whiney or fanboyish as FO fanboy community is the Obsidian fanboy community.

R00fles!

What the guy wrote in his article is pretty damn close to beinga ccurate.

DarkSign

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
Roshambo, a longtime administrator of the No Mutants Allowed forums, is featured in Fallout Tactics as a senile old man who urinates into other people's drinks.

That was the only thing worth reading in the entire article.

I skimmed this thread until I saw this. Priceless.

There are Fallout fans, Fallout die-hards, and Fallout-circlejerkers. There's no reason to kiss up to the circlejerkers who perpetuate their elitism at the cost of logic or community. The fans and the die-hards, however, are simply those who wont put up with bullshit on their favorite subject.

If your goal is a commerically viable game at the cost of "what the true spirit of the game should be" tm then you ought to get your nuts smashed. But if you're a circle-jerker expecting devs to jump through Herculean hoops that because of time, money, and other hurdles invisible to you...you dont deserve squat.

sheek

Arbiter
Claw said:
dethtoll said:
and you know, thief fans ARE a passionate lot- but most of us aren't pretentious, whiny assholes either.
You're an exception, then.

Well Dethtoll... I am really, I mean really annoyed. Really! I mean you can't believe how annoyed I am. You could try but trust me, I don't believe you can. You know? No I don't think you do. I'm angry! I am exploding with anger right here and I feel like I'm going to beat the first person who looks at me wrong.

That is how annoyed I am and even that doesn't describe it! Words just can't describe it!

(Happy?)

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Rosh said:
Nicolai said:
Better not mess with Rosh, he killed a man.

icon_google.gif

Sho'nuff! :P

(Although, I couldn't quite cram the keyboard *completely* up their ass before they died from it...so disappointing...

I joke, it was in line of military duty a few years back, so don't worry. ;))

20 said:
and you know, thief fans ARE a passionate lot- but most of us aren't pretentious, whiny assholes either.

And that is why we don't consider them all fucktards given your example. :D

And judging from your LJ userinfo, thankfully they aren't all whiny gay furries, either. :lol:

No you were dead serious when you said that. That spammer guy was tearing you a new one and you had to resort to fagtology. Someone deleted the thread, but we will forever know you as ROSH- THE ONE WHO ONCED KILLED A MAN.

Rosh

Erudite
DarkSign said:
I skimmed this thread until I saw this. Priceless.

There are Fallout fans, Fallout die-hards, and Fallout-circlejerkers.

What irony expressed by the the King of Vaporware MMOG Fallout Rip-Offs. You forgot about the "Fallout wannabes". If you had bothered to read in context instead of skim for sound bites, much like you skim games for ways to rip them off uncreatively for your still-nowhere MMOG, then you might have noticed that people care about the game and series a bit more than some two-bit attention whore that couldn't differentiate game design from their own asshole. Tell me, how are the "BioBorgs" doing today, or are they still helping you come up with better ways to rip off the Fallout character system?

Yeah, I know you're still bitter about that. Unfortunately, your bitterness will not suddenly sprout a MMOG from your ass, no matter how many times you redesign your website.

POOPERSCOOPER said:
No you were dead serious when you said that.

But aren't I allowed to joke about said event? Others can... :P

That spammer guy was tearing you a new one and you had to resort to fagtology. Someone deleted the thread, but we will forever know you as ROSH- THE ONE WHO ONCED KILLED A MAN.

Aw, man, where's the love? :D It was the Order that had the beef with you that I had nothing to do with (and you'd be at NMA still if it wasn't for how they've seemed to whip the place into thinking they need TO and it's instigating games). I do believe it was in context of "you wouldn't be like that in real life", to which I pointed out that I've already been to the point of where someone's life became disposable at my hands, another (in particular that of a fuckwit spammer) didn't mean anything to me. Really, I don't think that well of cockroaches...

Nightjed

Liturgist
They are worse than Star Wars fans, and that's saying something considering I was physically assaulted by Star Wars fans once.

lol, he was assaulted by they starwars kid, probably poked him in the face with the "rod" or something, and ... he seems proud of it, now thats one hard working troll

Briosafreak

Augur
:shock: :shock: :shock:

(and you'd be at NMA still if it wasn't for how they've seemed to whip the place into thinking they need TO and it's instigating games)

No he wouldn't, Pooper was supposed to be banned for life, remember how I asked you guys to unban him and he goes on and creates even worse shit than the previous times? He mainly attacked you and Ozrat until you banned him for good. He seems to have been unbanned now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom