Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Dialogue Interview

residuum

Novice
Bear with me. (I am getting old, I will wear the bottom of my trousers rolled.) That was a decent interview. I implore CRPG designers to accentuate the role over the roll. I like dialogue choices, I like solving quests with a silver-tongue, not having to butcher 100 enemies to reach goals. Arcanum enabled me to do this, to a degree, as of course did Fallout 1 and 2. But I found playing a diplomat/negotiator hard though, even with loads of Int/Cha/Bea and Persuasion. I don't like having to invest early in Melee to ensure I level up at an acceptable rate (Arcanum gives XP for hitting things, much more than it gives for solving involved quests). When you recruit NPCs to do the killing you level up much more slowly, which kind of sucked. But those games came closest to what I yearn for, so I really can't complain... too much.

no

Novice
Great interview. The fact that both Mitsoda and Sawyer are in a key creative position makes me foolishly optimistic that the Aliens RPG might actually rock my testicles.

Any news on MCA giving his point of view? Is he still busy drawing stick figures at his myspace page?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Vault Dweller said:
No idea. I'll ask him.

While you're at it, I'd like an interview about the Alien RPG, so if you can get us one, me love you bigtime.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, Vince, why did you interview yourself? Who does that?

Are you really "Vault Dweller", or are you Brian Mitsoda? Both? Neither?

Who are you?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Disclaimer: For those of you who are new, or completely clueless, the Vince D Weller in this article is in fact, our very own Vault Dweller. The RPGCodex also hosts the AoD discussion forums so if you think VD's being a little soft on himself, and you'd like to ask him something a little more hard-hitting, head on into the AoD discussion forums and ask him there. This interview now continues in its entirety, as originally intended.

Lexx

Cipher
Planescape, I probably don’t have to explain the sense of brilliant weirdness and fantastic exploration to readers of this site and Chris (Avellone, my boss) really hates it when people get fanboy on him (but you should probably dress up like Falls-From-Grace and wait for him in his car, he loves that.)

So, anyone dressed up like Falls-From-Grace and waited for him in his car already?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom