Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampires Bloodlines - patches, russians and other dilemmas

MaeveLynn

Novice
So!

I started the game a week ago. The original game, without patches except the one for the traduction (I am italian. And the traduction sucks, by the way). Now I'm in Downtown, trying to do the mission for Venus: find the russians guys and talk to them. But.. Ta-Daaa! No russiians guys in the parking of the hotel where they're supposed to be. I think it's a bug (i've read something similiar in an italian forum) but I'm not sure.

Now! Do you think one of the patches would solve my problem? Which one? How do I use them? And, last but not least -absolutly not least: do I have to start the game again, from the beginning? Please, don't tell me this! I don't wanna do the ghost hotel quest again. I'm scared. My sweet little female Ventrue hates ghosts.

Help? Please? ç.ç

MetalCraze

Arcane
No russiians guys in the parking of the hotel where they're supposed to be

they probably are drunken to hell somewhere then. It's monday - the heavy day. russians *sigh*

MaeveLynn

Novice
You're cruel, you know. Playing with my feelings. Feel guilty for that.

Anyway! Little correction: I DO have installed patch 1.2 . Russians guys are always drunken somewhere i don't know. Surely NOT in the parking where they should be.

I can even give a bottle of vodka, if they just show up. Won't kill them, I promise. I have Intimidation. Should be enough to have a little chat with them.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I think that's a bug, though I never encountered one. There's a fan patch I always forgetting a name of.
True Patch 4.5 or something. It should fix your bug. Try to search for user Wesp5 posts. You'll eventually find the link to the patch. And most likely some internet drama too.

You're cruel, you know. Playing with my feelings. Feel guilty for that.

welcome to the rpg codex!

edit> http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... ht=#437152

Hory

Erudite
... where little boys can be mean without getting punched in the face.

Deleted member 7219

1.2 is filled with bugs. Download Wesp5's latest patch, he's a regular here, he'll tell you himself when he finds this thread.

Or you can use the link skyway provided above...

Wesp5

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
1.2 is filled with bugs. Download Wesp5's latest patch, he's a regular here, he'll tell you himself when he finds this thread.

I just did ;). So I would recommend downloading the just released 4.3 unofficial patch and install it's basic version forn the first playthrough. As you are in the middle of the game strange minor problems may occur on updating but it might work fine overall. And don't mistake the unofficial patches with the "true" patch which is discontinued anyway...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom