Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Save and log inbound. I'm able to create the scroll, so the prerequisites are met, just not displayed. edit... the wiz is the only char with scribe scroll

The lighting stuff... yeah, just curious if any of that was there last summer and I just missed it. The day/night cycle thing is definitely new.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Forgot one other bug(s)... trying to sort out whether it's something unique to this system.

- When keybinding using ctrl+key, I initially get a pop-up telling me that the key can't be bound. If I hit ok, I can proceed to bind the key normally, but if this happens while I've already opened the radial menu it botches the process. In other words, the only way to bind a key is to select it before opening the radial.
Fixed in build 687

- I have a keyboard with multimedia keys to control volume and such. Using volume up/down activates the 'c' key function and toggles combat mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Some light sources still aren't working in v665. It's better than before, but I noticed characters aren't lit by fireplaces, at least in this shot. The hallway lights work though.

sFddRgo.png

Fixed in b864

Fixed.

Also fixed issue with particle system that had models attached, such as the Scythe trap and the Hommlet butterflies, which caused them to be rendered offscreen.

Endarire

Scholar
My report (the CN Ironman vignette first chest crashing the game) is with TemplePlus and Co8 v8.1.0 NC.

This is too:
Alt-clicking an item in a container does NOT move it directly to the selected character's inventory, despite there being room. Alt-clicking an item from inventory (including a vendor's inventory) DOES move it to the container or vendor.

And this:
-I know of no way to full screen the game, though Co8 full screens just fine. How do I full screen TemplePlus?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
My report (the CN Ironman vignette first chest crashing the game) is with TemplePlus and Co8 v8.1.0 NC.

This is too:
Alt-clicking an item in a container does NOT move it directly to the selected character's inventory, despite there being room. Alt-clicking an item from inventory (including a vendor's inventory) DOES move it to the container or vendor.
Not exactly a bug since you can just right click to loot from a container. But I guess it'd be best to have it work for both.
And this:
-I know of no way to full screen the game, though Co8 full screens just fine. How do I full screen TemplePlus?
What build are you using? Starting from build 680 it should be fullscreen by default.
Please update to the latest build and delete templeplus.ini in your ToEE folder (or just edit it and change windowed=false and set the renderWidth and renderHeight to your desktop resolution).

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Combat cursor color fix in 686 looks good.

Bug of the Day...

Paladin ability Lay on Hands isn't working. The animation plays (sort of) but doesn't finish and no healing occurs. Save and log and uploaded.
Fixed in b692 (it didn't assign an action ID)

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Playing 687...

The keybinding is better. The "can't assign hotkey" window still pops up, but you can close it and still make the assignment, even with the radial menu open. Tried deleting hotkeys.sco and a fresh game, but still get the erroneous popup.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Playing 687...

The keybinding is better. The "can't assign hotkey" window still pops up, but you can close it and still make the assignment, even with the radial menu open. Tried deleting hotkeys.sco and a fresh game, but still get the erroneous popup.
You have a heinous keyboard :argh:

I've pushed a build (688) that logs what happens in the radial menu keypress handler, can you run a game where you bind a key and post the log?
While you're at it please also use those multimedia keys.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, it only logs the input given to the ToEE window :P

Edit: make that 689 (now logging the UI Intgame system too).

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Ditching this schwag Logitech for a nice, clicky mechanical keyboard real soon :obviously: Hopefully it won't have dicked up mapping and dozens of Windows function keys.

I tried shutting down the Windows HID service that provides all the extra functions. Of course, that stops the problem with the volume keys triggering combat (because they're off ;)). But key assignment is still flakey. I also don't run Logitech kb or mouse drivers... just the Win7 defaults. I do run X-Mouse Button Control (3rd party utility) for extra mouse button functions, but that's also off while I'm troubleshooting. So it's pretty clean.

I'll run the newest build and post the log. Also looking at a bug that's causing a crash when dismissing NPCs.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Posted a save, log and crashdump. The save is where I'm getting a crash when dismissing an NPC (Furnok).

For the keyboard test, I used volume up/down, which triggers combat mode (aside from also adjusting vol, as it should). After, I tried some key assignments. With pre+689, I'm not getting the popup window complaining about the key-bind anymore, but getting the ctrl+key click to register might take several attempts. That's similar to how it was in older temple+ builds and possibly vanilla w/Co8.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
When I examined the Damage Roll breakdown window (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive) of when a Noble Salamander hit one of my PCs, I noticed that the game engine wrongly calculated the total amount of physical damage that was done to my PC. My PC had a Minor Ring of Fire Resistance equipped and was also under the effect of the spell Resist Energy (Fire). The game engine correctly deducted the 4 points of fire damage due to my PC being under the effect of the spell Resist Energy (Fire), but then the game engine wrongly deducted another 4 points of damage due to having a Minor Ring of Fire Resistance equipped, resulting in my PC taking 4 less physical damage than my PC should have taken.
Yeah, I think this is a known vanilla bug, no?

When my bard cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on either an Ettin or (less likely) a Hill Giant, the critter failed its Will save but was not affected by the spell. I checked the rolls breakdown window, and the critter had rolled a 20 for its Will save. The breakdown window correctly stated that the critter failed its Will save (it got a Will save total that was less than my bard's DC for the spell). I suspect that the reason why the critter was not affected by the spell is because it rolled a 20. There must be a bug in the game engine where, if a critter rolls a 20 for its saving throw, then the game engine automatically makes the critter succeed in the saving throw. This is not how D&D 3.5 works because rolling a 20 for a saving throw (or a skill check for that matter) is not an automatic success.
Ok, so it looks like the bug is actually in reporting that the save failed despite getting a 20 and actually succeeding. (I'm guessing it's a vanilla bug too since we didn't rewrite that function).

When one of my PCs (elf ranger) attempted to break free from a Web spell at Deklo Grove, I noticed in the Rolls History window that my PC made 2 Strength checks (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive). My understanding is that a PC is only supposed to make one Strength check to break free each round that he/she is stuck in a Web.
Looks like the first one is the automatic strength check at the beginning of your round, while the second one is manually triggered by you. I'm guessing you're not supposed to make the automatic one though, right?

I noticed one occasion during combat in the Fire Node that the pathfinding for a proposed charge attack had a drastically bent path that wasn't anywhere near a direct path to the target (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive).
Are you positive Charge Attack was on, or were you just hovering the snake?
Specifically for Charge Attack (or Run), it should only attempt a completely straight path. It might display a crooked path if a straight line is not possible, but then the path appears in red.
Other than that there's indeed an issue similar to the one you had with the Kobolds / Giant Spiders for longer distance PF pointing to a target, but I think it's a fundamental issue related to use of Path Nodes. (i.e. it'll be solved when the system is fundamentally replaced with NavMeshes but it'll take a while)

I tested the Hedrack combat and some of the combats in the Fire Node (most notably against the 6 Noble Salamanders guarding the chest on the east (right) side of the Fire Node map). I didn't experience any loss of responsiveness or reduction in frame rates in either places except that I experienced choppy frame rates when scrolling the screen around in the Fire Node during combat with the Noble Salamanders just to the north of the entry point of the Fire Node. The choppiness was quite bad but it ONLY happened while I was scrolling the screen around. When my screen was stationary, there was no reduction in frame rates or loss of responsiveness at all.
In conclusion, I would say that Temple+ has much improved performance and responsiveness over the Co8 Modpack, but I am actually surprised that I am still experiencing reduced frame rates in Bassanio's Fire Temple and the Fire Node (especially considering that my processor has a 4 GHz clock speed). I can definitely state that performance in the Greater Temple was much better using Temple+ than I have EVER experienced when running the Co8 Modpack!
I think the issue is loading the textures from HD. It's definitely something we want to improve.
Also, re. Bassanio, I take it the issue is the same as the Salamanders? (i.e. lag on scrolling only)

I tested temporarily removing PCs from my adventuring party (both individually and 2 at a time) and then having them rejoin again. Everything worked perfectly, except it took me ages to notice that my gnome and halfling PCs that I had temporarily removed from my adventuring party were in fact hiding in the left corners of the left-most room upstairs in the Inn of the Welcome Wench. I strongly recommend either informing new players via a readme.txt file that removed PCs will be standing in those locations, or make the removed PCs stand somewhere on the map that is easy to notice them.
Heh, maybe I'll script them to walk around and talk.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Posted a save, log and crashdump. The save is where I'm getting a crash when dismissing an NPC (Furnok).

For the keyboard test, I used volume up/down, which triggers combat mode (aside from also adjusting vol, as it should). After, I tried some key assignments. With pre+689, I'm not getting the popup window complaining about the key-bind anymore, but getting the ctrl+key click to register might take several attempts. That's similar to how it was in older temple+ builds and possibly vanilla w/Co8.
Fixed the Furnok bug (damned modders not checking for null obj handles!).

As for hotkeying it looks like your keyboard is registering a "Ctrl pressed" event before the "Key pressed" event (whereas mine does the opposite). I've added some handling for that in 691, please check if it improves it.
As for the volume key, no idea, it just registers a 'C' keypress :P

Sitra Achara

Arcane
When I examined the Damage Roll breakdown window of one of my PCs who hit a Noble Salamander with a Bolt +3 fired from a crossbow, the following text error message was displayed in the Damage Roll breakdown window (see screenshot that I uploaded to Sitra's Google Drive):

Immunity (Error! Missing line 2026 in mes\damage.mes)
Couldn't replicate, please post a save.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Fixed the Furnok bug (damned modders not checking for null obj handles!).

As for hotkeying it looks like your keyboard is registering a "Ctrl pressed" event before the "Key pressed" event (whereas mine does the opposite). I've added some handling for that in 691, please check if it improves it.
As for the volume key, no idea, it just registers a 'C' keypress :P

Furnok fucks off properly now. Didn't realize it was just him.
Great

Key assignment is much better overall. It works correctly both ways... if the radial isn't open, it opens. And no more generic warning popup.
Great

The lingering problem with the ctrl+key response would seem to be delayed timing on the control key. If I hold ctrl (just a bit) before pressing the key I want to map, it generally works correctly (well, more often than not). I can see this pretty clearly by trying to map a key that has some predefined function, like 'M' (map). If I fluidly press ctrl-m (in sequence, but with no delay) I'll invariably get the map popup. On the other hand, if I'm more deliberate about holding ctrl and delaying 'M', I get the warning popup stating that 'M' is off limits for keymapping (like you would expect). So slowing down the process helps.
Delayed Timing

Are you saying that 'ctrl pressed' was registering as a separate event from 'key pressed'? That would certainly give poor results :). It's much better in pre+691, with the only quirk being like I've described above. Perfectly usable as long as you know about it.
Haven't seen this brought up again so I assume it's fine now :P Couldn't recreate either.

On volume keys...

Playing with the volume keys, I noticed that hitting 'volume down' while in the 'load game' screen will crash the application. Pressing the 'C' key (which no sane person would normally do) gives the same result. I'm going to apply my doctor's general advice of "don't do that!".

'Volume up' also seems to be registering an additional key press. Not sure which key, but it elicits a character voice response... "Right away!", "By the god's will!" etc.
Fixed for v1.0.41. That's low priority for ya :P

Fun! :M

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Combat cursor color fix in 686 looks good.

Bug of the Day...

Paladin ability Lay on Hands isn't working. The animation plays (sort of) but doesn't finish and no healing occurs. Save and log and uploaded.
Confirmed
Fixed in build 692.

gazra

Educated
1. Yeah, I think this is a known vanilla bug, no?

2. Ok, so it looks like the bug is actually in reporting that the save failed despite getting a 20 and actually succeeding. (I'm guessing it's a vanilla bug too since we didn't rewrite that function).

3. Looks like the first one is the automatic strength check at the beginning of your round, while the second one is manually triggered by you. I'm guessing you're not supposed to make the automatic one though, right?

4. Are you positive Charge Attack was on, or were you just hovering the snake?

5. I think the issue is loading the textures from HD. It's definitely something we want to improve.
Also, re. Bassanio, I take it the issue is the same as the Salamanders? (i.e. lag on scrolling only)

6. Couldn't replicate, please post a save.

I am responding below to your questions above in the order that they appear above.

1. I don't know. I have never noticed this bug before.

2. Yes, the bug is that the game wrongly states in the Rolls History window that the critter has failed its saving throw when the critter actually succeeded with its saving throw (but this bug only occurs if the critter rolls a 20 for its saving throw when its saving throw total is less than the DC).

3. I read the entry for the Web spell and it seems to be stating that a critter only needs to make one check per round when attempting to either break free from or move while in a Web. Here's what the D&D 3.5 SRD states about the spell Web:
Saving Throw: Reflex negates; see text
Spell Resistance: No
Anyone in the effect’s area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is entangled, but not prevented from moving, though moving is more difficult than normal for being entangled (see below). If the save fails, the creature is entangled and can’t move from its space, but can break loose by spending 1 round and making a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 25 Escape Artist check. Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10.

4. Correct, I wasn't attempting to charge, I was only attempting to move during combat (when I was holding down the Alt key).

5. I'm not convinced that the issue is due to loading textures from my hard drive. I was scrolling around the map in a circle over the same area of the map over and over again, and I was experiencing very poor frame rates the whole time. Also, my game is installed on a SSD (solid state drive), so loading game data shouldn't be as bad an issue as it was when I used to use a HDD (hard disk drive).
No, the lag issue in the Fire Node was totally different to the lag issue that I experienced in Bassanio's Fire Temple. In Bassanio's Fire Temple, I also scrolled the screen around the map and never experienced any lag except for what I stated to you in a previous post (which I will replicate here):
"I've tested build 649 of Temple+ in Bassanio's chambers using uberize() which increases my PCs' movement speed ridiculously fast! I am happy to report that I experienced high frame rates and instant responses while running around in the chamber outside of combat and during the whole combat against Bassanio and fire creatures (except for 1 period during combat lasting approximately half a second when the frame rate dropped to sluggish performance). Compared to the old Co8 Modpack NC, Temple+ runs the game in Bassanio's chamber MUCH faster and better!"

6. If you couldn't replicate the damage.mes error message, then I fail to see how I could provide a saved game that would allow you to experience this error yourself. The reason why I provided my TemplePlus.log was so that hopefully you could see the error in the log.

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
5. I'm not convinced that the issue is due to loading textures from my hard drive. I was scrolling around the map in a circle over the same area of the map over and over again, and I was experiencing very poor frame rates the whole time. Also, my game is installed on a SSD (solid state drive), so loading game data shouldn't be as bad an issue as it was when I used to use a HDD (hard disk drive).
No, the lag issue in the Fire Node was totally different to the lag issue that I experienced in Bassanio's Fire Temple. In Bassanio's Fire Temple, I also scrolled the screen around the map and never experienced any lag except for what I stated to you in a previous post (which I will replicate here):
"I've tested build 649 of Temple+ in Bassanio's chambers using uberize() which increases my PCs' movement speed ridiculously fast! I am happy to report that I experienced high frame rates and instant responses while running around in the chamber outside of combat and during the whole combat against Bassanio and fire creatures (except for 1 period during combat lasting approximately half a second when the frame rate dropped to sluggish performance). Compared to the old Co8 Modpack NC, Temple+ runs the game in Bassanio's chamber MUCH faster and better!"

Is that an area that's heavy on light sources? I don't have a save in the Fire Temple just yet, but one thing I've noticed during the last few builds is that when some of the light sources were broken, performance dips in known trouble spots were absent . Specifically, the Welcome Wench, which is fairly choppy in plain co8. That went from buttery smooth back to somewhat choppy with the repaired lighting. I had always assumed that the problem in that area was the extra NPCs added to the 1st floor by co8. It could be a combination of both character# and lighting... just speculating.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

6. If you couldn't replicate the damage.mes error message, then I fail to see how I could provide a saved game that would allow you to experience this error yourself. The reason why I provided my TemplePlus.log was so that hopefully you could see the error in the log.
5. Alright, I think I see it - when scrolling, using 1920x1200 resolution, I'm getting about 10-15FPS - is that the issue or worse?

6. The log doesn't have anything in it that indicates the cause. Some bugs require a specific set of circumstances to trigger, which I can't replicate just by firing +3 crossbow bolts at the salamander as you have. However, it is possible that it's a "one off" error, in which case posting a save is indeed worthless - can you check if it repeats itself?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is that an area that's heavy on light sources? I don't have a save in the Fire Temple just yet, but one thing I've noticed during the last few builds is that when some of the light sources were broken, performance dips in known trouble spots were absent . Specifically, the Welcome Wench, which is fairly choppy in plain co8. That went from buttery smooth back to somewhat choppy with the repaired lighting. I had always assumed that the problem in that area was the extra NPCs added to the 1st floor by co8. It could be a combination of both character# and lighting... just speculating.

Hmm, is that consistent? There's a known issue that sometimes the cloth simulation bugs out in that particular area (sometimes resulting in weird graphical glitches).

If so, does it happen without super-sampling? :P

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Hmm, is that consistent? There's a known issue that sometimes the cloth simulation bugs out in that particular area (sometimes resulting in weird graphical glitches).

Glad you asked. Right after I wrote that, I went into that area and performance was flawless :D

It could have been a mix of settings pushing the margin. I'm jumping around trying different combinations, so I'll keep an eye on it. The cloth bug is where you'll have triangles shooting out at your face from a particular character, yes?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Glad you asked. Right after I wrote that, I went into that area and performance was flawless :D

It could have been a mix of settings pushing the margin. I'm jumping around trying different combinations, so I'll keep an eye on it. The cloth bug is where you'll have triangles shooting out at your face from a particular character, yes?
Yeah, although it could be that sometimes it doesn't cause them to jump out yet still bogging down the FPS. At any rate it doesn't seem to have any lingering effect, and re-entering fixes it.
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/issues/117

gazra

Educated
Correction - my druid PC bought a Scimitar (not a Club) from the shopmap which disappeared from my druid's inventory shortly later on in my game.

I have experienced this bug before (with other weapons bought from the weapons chests in the shopmap) when playing the Co8 Modpack, which means that the bug is not caused by Temple+ but is caused by either ToEE or the Co8 Modpack.
Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom