Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Walking around in real life - The Pokemon Go thread

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I'm not even sure where to put this.

So I saw Facebook posts about Pokemon Go yesterday. Never heard of it before then.

13631469_10210509137953458_8288781197686906332_n.jpg

So, after looking into it a little bit, apparently it's your standard Pokemon collection game (as far as I can tell - never played a Pokemon game before) but with a twist that you have to go to locations in real life to "collect" or whatever it is that Pokemon players do, using the smartphone's advanced triangulation features.

It's becoming a sensation.

Get out of your house

See different sights

Get robbed

http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898

Annoy local businesses and your boss

http://www.inquisitr.com/3288393/po...ns-macabre-incidents-as-teen-finds-dead-body/

Trip and fall

http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/pokemon-go-is-afflicting-players-with-real-world-injuries/

Find a dead body

http://screenrant.com/pokemon-go-player-dead-body/

Get raped

Okay there's not actually an incident of that yet, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

And other interesting things...

This is the Pokemon Go thread. Post stories and experiences.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
This is fuckin genius, next time peelers pull us over in red light district I can say I were sent there by this Poxymon shit, no more gettin arrested just for tryin to empty me bollocks!

Imagine its good for old peepin toms an stalkers an all, wonders o modern science eh?

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Maybe this Pokemon Go thing is a frighteningly clever secret plan to weed out the retards who have lost the ability of public walking thanks to their cellphone addiction via hilarious tragic accidents.

That would be nice.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Some of you can't brofist here? I can brofist everywhere but GD and Politics it seems. In fact, I deliberately posted the thread here for brofist harvesting purposes. Don't let me down.

Starwars

Arcane
So now people consumed by their phones will be even more ignorant to the world around them?

I think the only thing that annoys me more than people with their eyes constantly glued to their phones are people (often joggers) who listen to music everywhere they go and being completely ignorant to what's going on in traffic around them. If you're gonna walk/run into areas with heavy traffic, please pay attention to what the fuck is going on.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

Mark Richard

Arcane
There are so few multi-generational franchises enjoyed by both children and adults, I can’t believe Pokémon turned out to be one of them. Today I supervised some kids hunting down Pidgeys in the streets, despite the developer’s insistence that the game isn’t out here. I have a feeling what’s not being reported are the ‘boring’ cases of dehydration and sunburn many wannabe masters with more Pokeballs than brains are sure to suffer.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am moving to the countryside and there is a disturbing lack of Pokemon over there. This is annoying because it isn't not realistic. The Pokemon are nature creatures, not city dwellers.

I am greatly annoyed.

Gerrard

Arcane
http://nichegamer.com/2016/07/11/nintendo-stocks-increase-by-23-after-pokemon-gos-release/

Since the release of their mobile app, Nintendo experienced a 23% rise in their stock on Monday morning in Japan, with a 10% occurring on Friday. The 23% rise added 7.5 billion dollars to the company’s market value.

According to Bloomberg’s David Ingles, the 23% rise is the best one day move for the stock since 1983, which was the year that the Famicom released in Japan.
Jesus Christ

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Since you guys never leave the house I think you have no idea just how huge this is. Millions and millions of people; thousands in the parks, hundreds in the street corners. Especially in Australia. Once it is released in Asia it's the end of the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom