Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Question abour nvidia ideas.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I do own g3220 procesor which has integrated card 3000 series. But anyways price should never be issue. If someone wants something he/she will steal or cheat way thru to get this so this argument is also very weak. When you look at apple tree : what do you see? Just tree or do you see branches that you can climb and get apples? Idealists like you like to call other aspies but yet you are the ones who end up in concentration camps in the end.
Hahaha, I got it know, you are trolling. For a moment I thought you are serious. Good job mate.

Snufkin

Augur
So you call every person who have diffrent politics or sees things thru diffrent eyes? Nice. If you read my posts i never insulted anyone directly, just slamed nvidia company for their strange politics.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm going to let you in a businessman secret.

I have it on good authority, I'm not going to say who, that companies do sell products like that because people buy it and there is actually a market and they're turning a profit.

It might be rumours, though.

Gerrard

Arcane
In that case integrated CPU card would be enough. So there is no point to put graphic card there.

Yes, but if nvidia company would care about gaming wouldnt they release just good cards and use reasources to make as close to high end cards? Why waste all the plastic/gold/copper etc to create subpar products just so you can put diffrent number on price tag and that no sane person would use if they had option to pick good GTX?? 950GTX will work on 300W PSU with decent CPU. So argument that those lower cards will conserve energy is also invalid since 950 GTX takes only 75W which is same as most light bulbs. Also you dont waste time and effort to buy PC that will collect dust. If you want play games you dont want crap hardware.

Already answered that. For movies and browsing web you could just use integrated graphics. And all that resources and time that is wasted on making low ends would be put in good use to just produce GTX series.

To prove my argument here is video of 9 years old GTX card that plays GTA V and never drops below 30 fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnYrSB9xvM
GTAV is a poorly optimized, CPU hogging piece of shit. You're an idiot.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
If you need to ask this question you won't understand the answer.

Snufkin

Augur
People who use personal attacks cant respond to a challange of difficult question. Weaklings i say!

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
In that case integrated CPU card would be enough. So there is no point to put graphic card there.

Yes, but if nvidia company would care about gaming wouldnt they release just good cards and use reasources to make as close to high end cards? Why waste all the plastic/gold/copper etc to create subpar products just so you can put diffrent number on price tag and that no sane person would use if they had option to pick good GTX?? 950GTX will work on 300W PSU with decent CPU. So argument that those lower cards will conserve energy is also invalid since 950 GTX takes only 75W which is same as most light bulbs. Also you dont waste time and effort to buy PC that will collect dust. If you want play games you dont want crap hardware.

Already answered that. For movies and browsing web you could just use integrated graphics. And all that resources and time that is wasted on making low ends would be put in good use to just produce GTX series.

To prove my argument here is video of 9 years old GTX card that plays GTA V and never drops below 30 fps:

GTA V is not poorly optimized at all, it can run on a wide variety of hardware.

Gerrard

Arcane

If a game doesn't use your GPU properly (is CPU bound) then it is poorly optimized.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

If a game doesn't use your GPU properly (is CPU bound) then it is poorly optimized.

I don't think you understand what optimization means. Besides, a game like GTA V would be running a lot on the CPU due to its nature as an open-world sandbox.

Unless, you mean the GPU waiting to draw what the CPU is stuck processing? That's not a GTA V-specific problem, that's a problem with DirectX 9-11.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't think you understand what optimization means.
I don't think you understand what it means. Wanna keep going?
a game like GTA V would be running a lot on the CPU due to its nature as an open-world sandbox.
That's not a GTA V-specific problem, that's a problem with DirectX 9-11.
And yet somehow Witcher 3 doesn't have that problem. Funny how that works.

In before
>m-m-muh cars

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But anyways price should never be issue. If someone wants something he/she will steal or cheat way thru to get this so this argument is also very weak. When you look at apple tree : what do you see? Just tree or do you see branches that you can climb and get apples? Idealists like you like to call other aspies but yet you are the ones who end up in concentration camps in the end.
You sound Russian...

:russia:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I don't think you understand what optimization means.
I don't think you understand what it means. Wanna keep going?
a game like GTA V would be running a lot on the CPU due to its nature as an open-world sandbox.
That's not a GTA V-specific problem, that's a problem with DirectX 9-11.
And yet somehow Witcher 3 doesn't have that problem. Funny how that works.

In before
>m-m-muh cars

Optimization--in terms of programming--is making something run faster by reducing--or simplifying--the amount/complexity of its code.

Visual optimization would be making sure that you are using mip-maps so that textures aren't being streamed in at their full resolution unless the player is very close. Or simplifying the complexity of a shader, making sure it runs faster at the cost of some quality. (see the witcher 3 downgrades)

What you're complaining about is a relic of the xbox 360 and ps3 generation. Except GTA V scales very well with its settings, an example of good optimization, ultra-high will require some high-end hardware, but very low can run on very old hardware.

Gerrard

Arcane
Optimization is making something work as efficiently as possible. That's it.

How the fuck is delegating the CPU to do things that should be handled by the GPU when porting a game not a case of bad optimization?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
In before someone will ask: why do computers have CPUs at all?

All games that I play tend to be more or less CPU heavy and require lots of RAM, guess what is the reason.

Simplified: GPU bound games tend to be all shit because they only have graphix and dont use the CPU.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
There is some good dank trolling going on here, let me eat that bait too.

When your company gets big enough and dominate the upper end of the market you don't stop there. You expand and diversify your products to dominate the rest of the market. This is done for two main reasons from my viewpoint:

1-You gain more brand recognition and get your corp bigger and more respactable in the eyes of consumers by bringing nearly everything they need.

2- You destroy or buy out smaller opponents who can't compete with you at high cost market but willing to cater different customer base than you even if you use sell worse product than them you destroy them early by using your superior brand name and ability to reduce the prices even lower than the actual costs.

Welcome to the world of Capitalism kiddo. Your credit card was automatically charged 29.99$ during this short class.

We thank you for your kindness and bid you a good day.

Snufkin

Augur
1. As i said before for movies you only need graphic card that is attached to modern CPU's making non GTX cards worthless.
2. So they crush lame ideas/products/companies and then they swallow them and rebrand them? Seems retarded and waste of time/resources.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom