Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 - Exclusive for the PC...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
...and Xbox360. :)twisted:)

The Bioware PR Manager, Matt Atwood has annouced earlier today that ME 2 will be an exclusive for the Xbox360 but he also sad that it will land on the PC. Some info <a href="http://www.boxxet.com/Xbox_360/Mass_Effect_2_Is_Coming_to_PCs_Surprise_Pc_Gaming.1lf988.d">here</a>

Bioware: "Look at us, not only Beth can rape words!" Or am I wrong and an "exclusive" only takes into account consoles?

This must be the new startegy: "It's a exclusive and it will also be on the PC!"

denizsi

Arcane
Think of it like a traditional, conservative marriage. Your wife/husband may have fucked other people before, but now that you're married, you can only fuck each other.

BigWeather

Augur
Whenever I've seen exclusive it has meant "of other consoles". The PC seems to always be tossed in as a "and it'll be on the PC too."

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:

The Bioware PR Manager, Matt Atwood has annouced earlier today that ME 2 will be an exclusive for the Xbox360 but he also sad that it will land on the PC. Some info <a href="http://www.boxxet.com/Xbox_360/Mass_Effect_2_Is_Coming_to_PCs_Surprise_Pc_Gaming.1lf988.d">here</a>

Bioware: "Look at us, not only Beth can rape words!" Or am I wrong and an "exclusive" only takes into account consoles?

This must be the new startegy: "It's a exclusive and it will also be on the PC!"

The fuck are you on about?

Mass Effect 2 will start as an Xbox 360 exclusive, and when the exclusivity contract dies will be ported to PC (note how he keeps saying "eventually" or <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788&site=cvg">"not too far away"</a>, it won't be simultaneous). Just like Mass Effect. It's a temporary exclusive, but it's still an exclusive.

Most "Xbox exclusive" titles are temporarily exclusive, it's pretty standard.

MetalCraze

Arcane
mass effect sold pretty well
do you really think bioware will make the sequel better and won't put it further into a state of a boring mediocrity?
plus EA

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Brother None said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

The fuck are you on about?

Mass Effect 2 will start as an Xbox 360 exclusive, and when the exclusivity contract dies will be ported to PC (note how he keeps saying "eventually" or <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788&site=cvg">"not too far away"</a>, it won't be simultaneous). Just like Mass Effect. It's a temporary exclusive, but it's still an exclusive.

Most "Xbox exclusive" titles are temporarily exclusive, it's pretty standard.
What I'm on about is that, that this time they sad at the start that it will land on PC, not the usual - "(before release) No, no, no, PC... (after the release) Yes, yes, yes, PC."

slipgate_angel

Scholar
So exclusive today means that it'll be for one console, plus the PC? Or one console, plus another console, for example see Eternal Senata.

It's pretty stupid now a days to call for an exclusive anything, because at least one audience is going to want what the other side wants...pointless really. :roll:

Black

Arcane
And I thought Codex doesn't care about ME
Besides haw lesbo umpa umpa that is.

Top Hat

Scholar
Clearly, this is some new form of quantum theoretical game development: it is both exclusive and non-exclusive at the same time.

Deleted member 7219

Top Hat said:
Clearly, this is some new form of quantum theoretical game development: it is both exclusive and non-exclusive at the same time.

Well you know the saying..

'If you think you understand quantum theory, you don't understand quantum theory'.

Maybe the same can be said of Xbox 360 exclusives.

obediah

Erudite
Console exclusive is a wonderful thing if it's permanent. I'd much rather have two console and games designed to milk a machine for all it worth, than one machine and a pile of bloated middleware designed to let monkeys code games on the 360 and PS3 at the same time.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:
What I'm on about is that, that this time they sad at the start that it will land on PC, not the usual - "(before release) No, no, no, PC... (after the release) Yes, yes, yes, PC."

So they got a different contract this time. Mass Effect was always planned for a PC port, they just couldn't discuss it. Now they can.

That has shit-all to do with how exclusive or not the game is. Still don't get what the hell you were on about.

TheLostOne

Savant
Exclusive doesn't have to pertain to a singular entity. You can be exclusively for two systems without fucking up the language. It just means everything else is... EXCLUDED!

MetalCraze

Arcane
pkt-zer0 said:
So basically, "Microsoft exclusive".

As far as I know EA bought the franchise after they bought Bioware into the slavery.
and soon after that EA said that there will be sequels. many sequels.

Doomsday

Novice
Who cares? Either get it for the Xbox 360 or wait for the PC version. Like it or not the PC is a minor player in the video-game universe nowadays.

--------------------------------
The Brawl-Hall
We donkey punch Pregnant women for fun.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"As far as I know EA bought the franchise after they bought Bioware into the slavery.
and soon after that EA said that there will be sequels. many sequels."

EA didn't buy the franchise. Nor do they have to. BIO owns the franchise; but since EA owns BIO; EA owns the francchise. Duh. This should be obvious. Use common sense.

And, you don't know the meaning of the word slavery, dumbnutz.

bezimek

Scholar
Volourn golden thoughts nr 1110

EA didn't buy the franchise. Nor do they have to. BIO owns the franchise; but since EA owns BIO; EA owns the frasnchise. Duh. This should be obvious. Use common sense

nik2008ofs

Scholar
Top Hat said:

I loled till I cried. Sigged.

kris

Arcane
denizsi said:
Think of it like a traditional, conservative marriage. Your wife/husband may have fucked other people before, but now that you're married, you can only fuck each other.

Its more like the other way around. After marriage you can fuck others. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom