Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Two Worlds expansion levels up

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Two Worlds II

Some of you might remember the game <A HREF="http://www.2-worlds.com/">Two Worlds</A>, which wanted to be an extremely ambitious Oblivion clone but ultimately got swallowed by the void of mediocrity. Some time ago they announced an expansion for the game, and now they decided to make it something more - a full sequel.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>First announced back in November of last year as an Add-On for their Xbox 360 and PC RPG Two Worlds, Southpeak Games has promoted Two Worlds: The Temptation to full sequel status. The Temptation, which takes place in Eastern Antaloor where the graphics are better, simply expanded beyond expansion.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So, basically, the sequel plays in a region of the gameworld where the graphics are better. Increased amount of bloom never was explained in a better way before. Now we finally know why sequels always look shinier than the predecessors!
<br>
<br>
<A HREF="http://kotaku.com/370632/two-worlds-temptation-add+on-now-a-sequel">Read the full article over here.</A>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://kotaku.com">Kotaku.com</A>

Calis

Pensionado
JarlFrank said:
And just so you won't miss the "spotted at" link below, <A HREF="http://kotaku.com/370632/two-worlds-temptation-add+on-now-a-sequel">here's the link to the source</A>. Now nobody can say we have sloppy linking.
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://kotaku.com/370632/two-worlds-temptation-add+on-now-a-sequel">Kotaku.com</A>
You do know I intended that "spotted at" thing for linking to the place where you got the link, right?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Ah... heh, always thought this should link to the actual article. Thanks for the little linking lesson, now the links in my newspost will make a lot more sense.

EDIT: fixed it in the newspost

Durwyn

Prophet
Actually the game may be a nice sandbox h&s... They seem to understand major flaws of TW. In addition it will feature some kinky physics engine which will be usable in quests.

denizsi

Arcane
which wanted to be an extremely ambitious Oblivion clone but ultimately got swallowed by the void of mediocrity

"But"? As if Oblivion is any better? It should read as "which wanted to be an extremely ambitious Oblivion clone and ultimately succeeded in it by shrouding itself in the void of mediocrity".

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
I'm on a Two Worlds playing spree at the moment - dang what a fine game since V1.6.

Opposed to Oblivion there ARE choices & consequences (e.g. Skarga Clan vs. House Skelden / Merchant Guild vs. Grizika) and the balance is now near perfection.

In other news: I got today their new Mini-Addon for Multiplayer games called "Tainted Blood" which adds 5 scripted instances with story and all to the online game. Something good is getting better each day.

BTW: The game was quite successfull and sold over 70k copies in Germany alone - and they will release the budget version at the end of march.

Definitly the third best game from 2007.

EDIT: The level of HDR (what you people misinterprete as "bloom") can be reduced to "0" in the game options.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
denizsi said:
which wanted to be an extremely ambitious Oblivion clone but ultimately got swallowed by the void of mediocrity

"But"? As if Oblivion is any better? It should read as "which wanted to be an extremely ambitious Oblivion clone and ultimately succeeded in it by shrouding itself in the void of mediocrity".

Well, Oblivion at least got its share of popularity and became a hit. It didn't get swallowed by mediocrity. Two Worlds didn't become the "Oblivion killer" that it wanted to be [seems to be a new trend now, instead of making "Diablo killers" they make "Oblivion killers"].

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried the original TW... installed, played for 5 minutes, deinstalled. I think I said this somewhere before, but I have no real reason for this. The game is no utter shit or something like that.... Guess I just didn't like the "feeling".

Fez

Erudite
I played Two Worlds and had much the same feeling, thesheep, although I endured the crap for longer in the hope of seeing something worth while appear.

A crappy generic hack and slash with terrible controls, bad combat, stupid AI and boring open areas and travel. It didn't offer anything new or better than what has come before it. The whole game felt badly put together.

Micmu

Magister
Btw., a question for anyone who endured it for more than 15 minutes. Is this penalty-free insta PC respawn on death a standard "next-gen" feature or just during first few quests?

Andhaira

Arcane
Guy's, quick question: What kind of memory card does thi srequire? Will it work on my 16mb RAGE?

Suchy

Arcane
medium_2349161257_2476b94fa3_o.jpg

Too much Assassin's Creed?

Anyway I'll give a try to this. The original stank of low budged, but it wasn't as boring as Oblivion.

Zlaja

Arcane
micmu said:
Btw., a question for anyone who endured it for more than 15 minutes. Is this penalty-free insta PC respawn on death a standard "next-gen" feature or just during first few quests?

All the way. You can turn it off if you play on "hard", though.

Andhaira

Arcane
Honestly guys, what about vanilla TW? My processor is fine (p4) but the ram is 512 and the video card is a sad 16m RAGE.

I doubt it will work but still wondering. In eed a quick hack/slash fix

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Andhaira said:
Honestly guys, what about vanilla TW? My processor is fine (p4) but the ram is 512 and the video card is a sad 16m RAGE.

I can't believe that I answer this, but:

"Pixel shader 2.0 required"

should be sufficient.

Suchy

Arcane
Andhaira said:

It has similiar requirements as Oblivion or Gothic 3. 512mb ram might be enough if you're willing go for a tea everytime you load a save game. But the video card is ancient and says "a no".

TheLostOne

Savant
On a similar note, my work laptop has become my gaming rig since my gaming laptop got stolen. Can't run anything crazy so I play the oldies on it.

Is the 360 version of Two Worlds fixed up to the extent that the PC version has? It sounds like the PC version has become pretty playable, but I don't know if those upgrades were applied to the 360 version as well and downloadable through LIVE.

Anyone know? I played the demo on the 360 and stopped after a hitting the first town because everything just felt clunky and awkward and ugly.

Zlaja

Arcane
TheLostOne said:
Is the 360 version of Two Worlds fixed up to the extent that the PC version has?

I haven't tried the console version myself but I remember reading on their website that the console retail version is patched up to 1.5. Which means "playable if you can endure the core gameplay". I can't find the mentioning of that currently on the site (it only mentions PC) but it was definitly there earlier.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Ha, I played the 360 version's demo recently, man this game was absolutely terrible. It's about as generic and retarded as you can imagine a fantasy rpg being. Also, it has hilarious things like being shot with arrows having the same force as if you were hit by a bullet train.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom