Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yahtzee smacks Fable 2 up

A user named cat

Little late, from last week. Just got around to seeing it. Watch it here

Posting this not only for him shitting on Fable 2, but because of how funny it was to hear Molyneux actually contacted him like the desperate whore he is. Someone needs to launch him, Cleve and Garriot off into space, to live happily ever after.

burrie

Scholar
Fable 2 is truly one of the oddest gaming experiences I had this year.

One moment, you're running around in town, farting at people to make them like you, buy real estate to get more money, hearing the funny quips from the bandits as you battle them, and being badgered by stone gargoyles who make fun of your mum.

And then you get scenes like The Spire, and you suddenly have to make some difficult choices in which you need to sacrifice some things if you want to remain good, while the world changes, halfway through the game I might add, based on the choices you made earlier.

Plus, it has coop gameplay. Always a plus for me.

I think it's a fantastic, well-made game with alot of oddities.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Yahtzee does that to every game, no one actually cares about his review because he already criticized so many games at least one you liked is on the list(TW), why the hell did Molyneux tried reasoning with him?

darthdarther

Novice
He needs to do a few more of these to make up for giving Assassin's Creed a positive review.

Unradscorpion said:
Yahtzee does that to every game, no one actually cares about his review because he already criticized so many games at least one you liked is on the list(TW), why the hell did Molyneux tried reasoning with him?

Are you serious? He tried to reason with Croshaw personally? Well, add that to the list of stupid Molyneux has committed. You have to wonder when the man will learn to stop making a public fool of himself.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
darthdarther said:
He needs to do a few more of these to make up for giving Assassin's Creed a positive review.

Unradscorpion said:

Are you serious? He tried to reason with Croshaw personally? Well, add that to the list of stupid Molyneux has committed. You have to wonder when the man will learn to stop making a public fool of himself.

Molyneux contacted him after his review of the first Fable, to say he hoped he'd enjoy the second one more becuase it was so much bigger and better and had dogs and guns and dinosaurs and lasers and giant robots and if you play it everyone at school will be your friend and and and.

darthdarther

Novice
Bluebottle said:
darthdarther said:

Unradscorpion said:

Molyneux contacted him after his review of the first Fable, to say he hoped he'd enjoy the second one more becuase it was so much bigger and better and had dogs and guns and dinosaurs and lasers and giant robots and if you play it everyone at school will be your friend and and and.

I think we've reached a stage in the gaming industry where lead designers seriously need the services of public relations consultants.

Caveman

Scholar
I love him. He is the best video-game-review author ever.

BTW Yahtzee likes also: Silent Hill 2, Prince of Persia: SoT.

Cant wait for his F3 review :D

deuxhero

Arcane
Never liked Yatzhee, I prefer negative reviews that complain about the game, rather then non-issues, like needing to unlock characters in a fighting game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
deuxhero said:
Never liked Yatzhee, I prefer negative reviews that complain about the game, rather then non-issues, like needing to unlock characters in a fighting game.
Smash Brothers isn't a fighting game, it's a shallow toy with shitty unlockables.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Caveman said:
I love him. He is the best video-game-review author ever.

BTW Yahtzee likes also: Silent Hill 2, Prince of Persia: SoT.

Cant wait for his F3 review :D
He also likes Portal, Painkiller and Call of Duty 4.

BTW, this review somehow contradicts the TW one - no boobs = meh, boobs! = meh.

Pastel

Scholar
I'd say Yahtzee just generally reviews games he hates, because that's funnier.

deuxhero

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
deuxhero said:
Smash Brothers isn't a fighting game, it's a shallow toy with shitty unlockables.

If you meant Brawl? Yes, piece of crap.
If you meant the seris as a whole, no.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
you know, if you played through the "golden" age of computer gaming, and then was transported through time to now, while the games are much flashier... they just lack the "total package" that older games had to deliver.

i think thats why yahtzee comes across as so bitter.

Callaxes

Arbiter
NES%20Fantastic%20Adventures%20of%20Dizzy%201.jpg

Sarvis

Erudite
TheWesDude said:
you know, if you played through the "golden" age of computer gaming, and then was transported through time to now, while the games are much flashier... they just lack the "total package" that older games had to deliver.

No, I don't think so at all. In fact, I think if you were instantly teleported from the end of your first playthrough of Fallout to the beginning of Fallout 3 you might not have all that built up nostalgia telling you Fallout was so much better.

Just as a for instance, someone was criticizing the dialog in F3 as being simple, with the options being basically:

"Tell me about x."
"Tell me about y."

The thing is, I started playing Fallout last night and in the first town (Shady Sands or whatever) that's what every NPC conversation was like too.

"Tell me about radscorpions"
"Tell me about Shady Sands"
"Tell me about raiders"

The fun part was that I got the option to go to the radscorpion cave and kill them all before I even found out there WAS a radscorpion cave causing problems for the town, or anyone asking me if I wanted to help!

Of course, the interface in Fallout is 50 times clunkier so that... err... well, it's a difference anyway!

Drakron

Arcane
Pastel said:
]I'd say Yahtzee just generally reviews games he hates, because that's funnier.

He given "good" ratings to some games, one of then being Crysis.

Tintin

Arbiter
He liked Portal too (don't we all). Anyways, the guy is funny and makes good adventure games.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Sarvis said:
Wait till you reach Junktown and famous Gizmo vs. Killian. Lots of the stuff we (I) critcize about FO3 seem to be directly (if not particularly well) copied from FO1 :(

OT: One of Yahtzee's funniest reviews, imho.

Vibalist

Arcane
Sarvis said:
TheWesDude said:

No, I don't think so at all. In fact, I think if you were instantly teleported from the end of your first playthrough of Fallout to the beginning of Fallout 3 you might not have all that built up nostalgia telling you Fallout was so much better.

Just as a for instance, someone was criticizing the dialog in F3 as being simple, with the options being basically:

"Tell me about x."
"Tell me about y."

The thing is, I started playing Fallout last night and in the first town (Shady Sands or whatever) that's what every NPC conversation was like too.

"Tell me about radscorpions"
"Tell me about Shady Sands"
"Tell me about raiders"

The fun part was that I got the option to go to the radscorpion cave and kill them all before I even found out there WAS a radscorpion cave causing problems for the town, or anyone asking me if I wanted to help!

Of course, the interface in Fallout is 50 times clunkier so that... err... well, it's a difference anyway!

This is exactly what I thought when I played Fallout 1 also. Despite the fact that it's an amazing game, I don't reckon the conversation system was that well developed. Alot of times you had very few options regarding what you could say to npcs. Fallout 2 improved this, though.

Sarvis

Erudite
Shannow said:
Sarvis said:
Wait till you reach Junktown and famous Gizmo vs. Killian. Lots of the stuff we (I) critcize about FO3 seem to be directly (if not particularly well) copied from FO1 :(

OT: One of Yahtzee's funniest reviews, imho.

Already did Junktown.

I was struck by how easy it was to convince Gizmo I'd work for him, even with my crappy 13% speech skill and low charisma. Of course, I only had to do that because I couldn't find any way to sneak into his office and plant a bug... even waiting until 5am he's still sitting at his desk! (For that matter, given the shoddy construction of most shacks it seems likely I should have been able to plant the bug through a hole in a wall easily enough... but nope, no such option!

Phantasmal said:
Little late, from last week. Just got around to seeing it. Watch it here

Posting this not only for him shitting on Fable 2, but because of how funny it was to hear Molyneux actually contacted him like the desperate whore he is.

Amusing vid. I'm not one of the ZP hataz who thinks he recycles the same shit over and over or liked him "before he sold out."

Oh Molyneaux...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sarvis said:
I should have been able to plant the bug through a hole in a wall easily enough... but nope, no such option!

Ah damn, I had the exact same disappointment. There was a neatly placed window right behind him, I hoped I can plant the bug there... alas!

Ebonsword

Arcane
I think Zero Punctuation is to game reviews what The Daily Show is to TV news programs.

It's main purpose is to entertain, yet you somehow feel that it's better at disseminating useful information than the format it is parodying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom