Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disciples Reincarnation - what is this devilry?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So during some random sale roaming I came across this:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-D3REIN/disciples-reincarnation

Now from what I've been able to gather it's some kind of total overhaul of Disciples 3 but it's not sold anywhere else other than Gamersgate. And what's even more wierderer, the game requires Steam - but can't be bought on Steam.

It's 75% off now and I have a strong urge to grab it since the worst part about the original D3 was the battle system, where your guys constatly missed with 80% hit chance and the fights took fucking ages to resolve but otherwise it was...well, not even solid, but it was Disciples and I'm a huge fan of Disciples. But I don't wanna be burned by some buggy Russian shovelware nobody is willing to stock. So yes, no?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hımmm... I hate D3 with a passion but this one seems to get some good reviews.
They are also saying its mostly bug free.
And WTH old combat style is back?!? 2nd and 3rd screen shots like that O_o NOPE still D3combat... seems better though.
Need to try this somehow...

BTW it is on steam, just with a different name (lost in translation)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200670/

Meh, wrong again it seems they are separate games.

Edit part 3

Here is a review;

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=38936

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ooookay, it seems they pull it off after all. Too bad they went under.

Sold.

(Sadly, can't start wasting time on this anytime soon, but I'll write something up asap.)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, tried to fiddle with it for a little while and the plus is - the combat arena is much smaller and a lot more fun. Gone are the dragged out half hour fights with three scrawny imps.

But - and it's a big but - it seems the biggest problem of the original game is, incredibly, still not fully resolved. The gigantic miss/crit fuckup, that could drive a guy up the ceiling and eat the lightbulb, is less frustrating now but I still miss half my swings and the mobs still crit half the time.

But from an hour trial, I'd say it's a very solid game, although unlike D2 less a strategy and much more an RPG. Reminds me of King's Bounty. But I seriously hope the fucking miss/crit balance screwup won't make me throw me monitor through me window any time soon.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well crack is still missing, and it would be waste of money. 1. that company is under anyway. 2. crappy programming like that shouldn't be gratified.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10270/

Took them a while. Price is 30 bucks, has a 20% discount for the next week.

A true reincarnation of the legendary series!
The Almighty has turned away from Nevendaar and its denizens. He is busy thinking about the fate of the world. Above Nevendaar, rent by perpetual wars, a new star flashed out. What will it bring with it? Who will claim its great power? Immerse in the struggle of four powerful races!

Features:

• Unique visual style and magnificent gothic atmosphere in a new implementation.
  • Dramatic and intriguing plot, written by Ekaterina Stadnikova, the author of the most successful Disciples-themed novel “Precious Blood”
  • New combat and magic system. Dozens of new global spells.
  • Totems and flags in the inventory and on the battlefield.
  • Aquatic spaces with majestic ships and terrifying bosses.
  • Over 180 hours of gameplay. Four companies; 27 large detailed missions, over 70 new side quests, significantly extending the main storyline.
  • Over 200 new objects on land and sea; 13 new neutral units.
  • Multiplayer in hot-seat mode and over the net. Playing for neutral units is now possible.
  • Gaming editor to create your own campaigns.

Whisky

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, I have been trying this lately. It is a huge imporvement on previous version in every way.

But WTF is going on with my party s hit chance and enemies critcal hit chance... While my merry band is missing half of the time, enemies are on critical hit rampage. Just lost a battle to griffins becuse all of their fucking attacks were critical... with %10ish chance...

ClaviculaZ

Novice
I have been playing the game quite a lot lately (after getting it for about 7$ on Gamersgate; the game tends to be on sale now and then) and I actually had a blast with it. I installed Larkin's rebalance mod which removed most of the last remaining bugs and imbalances and now the game is what it should have already been in 2010. There is also more strategic depth than in Disciples 2 (as for example, the hit chance which Cyberarmy criticized in the post above me is caused by accuracy and evasion values; oftentimes, the enemies are at a higher level at the beginning of a map and thus they also hit more often. Also, some races such as the Undead and Legion have some units which have notoriously low evasion and thus they are constantly receiving critical damage by Goblin archers etc. Also, there are lots of effects in battle which can alter the accuracy/evasion values of units as well as initiative, strength and some other variables. In general, it's not simplistic at all and I often found myself restarting battles more than 6 times because I realized that I had ignored some important detail), albeit the obvious trade-off is a less captivating atmosphere. However, in its current state the game manages to create a lot more "immershun" than the latest HOMM-offerings and my recommendation for everyone who likes the genre as well as some gothic overtones is to get it at its current price of 7,99 on Steam.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, game is good, leagues better than the latest Homam.

The only problem I've bumped into was a certain late game boss who was just OP as fuck. I've never finished the game, dude seemed unbeatable.

Cadmus

Arcane
having played the original release, this final version is actually great
been playing it this week and cant complain, Im getting the old D2 feelz, only the graphics arent so nice
I got used to the new combat system. Its a bit shitty but it works and still doesnt feel like slog in the late game.
lI only wish the game was 2D like the old one because the art direction is fantastic but the 3D models suffer from old age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom