Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beyond Mankind - first-person sci-fi action RPG by M&B Brytenwalda mod devs

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.brytenwaldastudios.com/?games=15

ss_55b3b83704fc242238bd72828896eb34be8baabb.1920x1080.jpg

ss_17a510a30e43bb31b3e0d234ce9ffe3e509a230e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_438e183e94ea6c740556a84af9e73e873ebb5592.1920x1080.jpg

Explore. Interact. Fight. Mourn. Love... SURVIVE.
graffiti02_v2.png

You wake up, but your world has changed. You are a soldier of H.O.P.E., a brotherhood of warriors whose only mission is to recover Earth, an Earth that is now in the last stages of a nuclear winter.

The planet is no longer ours. 39,000 yeas ago, a random genetic mutation created a new branch of humanity. The replicators of this gene, named What Remains (WR), secretly remained among us... until they decided to annihilate us.

We fled to space. Only the colonies on the Moon and Mars remain of human civilization. We are going extinct.

But there is hope. Scientists have created an Einstein-Rosen bridge to when the first mutation appeared during the Würm glaciation. A team is sent on a mission to gather genetic samples and find a way to face our enemy.

We only have one chance. Do not fail!

KEY FEATURES

Beyond Mankind is a first-person single-player game set in both the future and prehistory. Create a character and explore an Earth devastated by nuclear war. Travel to the past and survive in a hostile, prehistoric environment just before the twilight of the Neanderthals.

An intriguing and dark main story, with different options and many open secondary quests taking place in divergent settings, will combine action role-playing with survival mechanics. It is a SARPG.

A complex system of interaction with characters based on studied mechanics of relationship, loyalty, and personalities.

Tough moral decisions, with their corresponding consequences, which will involve difficult solutions that are not always good or bad.

A huge and lively world, where a glacial Paleolithic valley, fauna, vegetation, and groups of hunter-gatherers are faithfully recreated, as well as a dark future, where only the fittest have evolved under a nuclear winter.

Collect scarce resources, craft bonfires, seek shelter to avoid hypothermia, and generally manage a shifting inventory to avoid hunger/dehydration and deteriorating mental health.

Dynamically manage food reserves, search for refuge, and struggle to be predator rather than prey - and help your friends stay alive.

At your disposal are crude melee weapons and modern/futuristic guns, as well as various survival gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
why haven't i heard of this until now. i loved the focused story campaign in viking conquest and this looks like something up my alley 100 percent

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You wake up, but your world has changed. You are a soldier of H.O.P.E., a brotherhood of warriors whose only mission is to recover Earth, an Earth that is now in the last stages of a nuclear winter.

The planet is no longer ours. 39,000 yeas ago, a random genetic mutation created a new branch of humanity. The replicators of this gene, named What Remains (WR), secretly remained among us... until they decided to annihilate us.

We fled to space. Only the colonies on the Moon and Mars remain of human civilization. We are going extinct.

But there is hope. Scientists have created an Einstein-Rosen bridge to when the first mutation appeared during the Würm glaciation. A team is sent on a mission to gather genetic samples and find a way to face our enemy.

We only have one chance. Do not fail!

thinking.png
Surf Solar

Codex Year of the Donut

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm so tired of sci fi shit.
name five non-post apoc sci-fi RPGs released in the past decade.
I mean actual RPGs.
You've already opened the window to dismiss anything I come up with.
Define your terms and I'll consider it.
I'll give you a helping hand:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/non-post-apocalyptic-sci-fi-rpg-thread.130822/
HR, MD, ELEX, Technomancer, The Surge.

Codex Year of the Donut
I mean actual RPGs.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/non-post-apocalyptic-sci-fi-rpg-thread.130822/
Elex is post-apoc, The Surge isn't an RPG.

Sentinel

Arcane
I mean actual RPGs.
Elex is post-apoc, The Surge isn't an RPG.
to be honest i didnt read your post, i just dont like scifi.
have a nice day

Neroon

Novice
I hope there'll be a plausible explanation of why the descendants of those who fled to Moon and Mars would go extinct unless Earth is reclaimed. Plot holes filled with gracious amounts of handwavium in the background lore are huge immersion breakers for me.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I was hoping they'd do another historical game like Viking Conquest, but set in Spain since the developers are mostly Spanish.

Sentinel

Arcane

Because it's such an overused setting in RPGs, right? Unlike fantasy, we could sure use a few more of those!
Yes, we're missing epic, high fantasy RPGs. Tired of low fantasy, sci fi, post apocalyptic, and all that generic trash.

Bro there is nothing more generic in this world than epic high fantasy.
Perhaps, but well executed high fantasy goes above any other genre. And there are 0 well executed high fantasy games.

barghwata

Savant

Because it's such an overused setting in RPGs, right? Unlike fantasy, we could sure use a few more of those!
Yes, we're missing epic, high fantasy RPGs. Tired of low fantasy, sci fi, post apocalyptic, and all that generic trash.

Perhaps, but well executed high fantasy goes above any other genre. And there are 0 well executed high fantasy games.

Meh... i am not saying there can't be any good high fantasy, but the genre overall is mostly creatively bankrupt.

Sentinel

Arcane

Meh... i am not saying there can't be any good high fantasy, but the genre overall is mostly creatively bankrupt.
That's true of any genre.

barghwata

Savant

That's true of any genre.

Yes, but not nearly as much as high fantasy.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
High fantasy is also the most overused genre in RPGs. You can count (non-post-apoc) sci-fi RPGs on one hand. Mass Effect, Star Wars KotoR, Iron Tower's upcoming Colony Ship, and some obscure indies like Titan Outpost and Space Wreck, as well as some obscure old 80s and 90s games (Planet's Edge, Buck Rogers, Starflight).

Meanwhile you need an entire collection of severed hands to count all the high fantasy RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom