Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ending slides or continue playing?

so?

• slides

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • continmue playing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slides then -> continue playing

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Slide and keep playing. If the ending is designed in a way that would logically require the game to end, then slides only. I love ending slides. They're better than being able to play on. But having both in the same game would be the best of all options.

BloodyPuppy

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Slide and keep playing. If the ending is designed in a way that would logically require the game to end, then slides only. I love ending slides. They're better than being able to play on. But having both in the same game would be the best of all options.

Pretty much this.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Ideally? Continue playing without ending slides. Adjust the gameworld to reflect what happened after the ending, the player can wander around and do a few new sidequests, etc.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sice I love storydrived games, not a open-worlded - I vote "slides". Really, I can complete story-drived games many times and have fun but games with open world bores me after a while.

Fallout was the only exception. Even Arcanum got me bored after some time.

Rhalle

Magister
Sorry, but what's the charm in the game telling you what you did while playing it?

If the game is story-driven then end it properly (it being the story of the gameworld-- not some ego-stroking BS about me); let me sandbox if it's not.

DriacKin

Arbiter
In a story driven game, I think that it is perfectly resonable to give the user a final cutscene at the end of the game and then end the game right there.
Just look at a game like MotB. The fact that you couldn't continue playing after the final slides never bothered me one bit. The ending slides did a good job of closing out the story and providing closure.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
If story matters at all, slides only.

Ron Perlman: "The Bishops became rulers of New Reno...unless, of course if you...umm *cough* decide to kill them all after this slide *cough* nevermind."

hiver

Slides then continue playing procedurally created smaller quests based on slides and some randomized fedex quests and so on.

Andhaira

Arcane
I wopuld prefer ending cinematics, which change depending on your choices. (basically slides, but cinematics instead of simply slides)

mondblut

Arcane
"Continue playing" sounds good in theory, but since every decent gamer had already completed all quests and slaughtered all encounters by the game's finale, it makes no sense really.

Every time a game dumps me back into playing after rolling the credits, I just smile, save one final time, and uninstall. Keep playing, what for, to grind some more random encounters? Sheesh.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Cloaked Figure said:
BethesdaLove said:
I abstain.
Fail poster. Fail thread. Fail.

go fuck yourself you little ironic piece of shit.

point me to a good thread that you've made. come on, do it. what's wrong?

oh that's right..you are the TRUE FAILURE here bitch, i mean just look at your name, now that is the definition of fail.

woah you srly need to get laid

Witchblade

Scholar
BloodyPuppy said:
Jaime Lannister said:
Ideally? Continue playing without ending slides. Adjust the gameworld to reflect what happened after the ending, the player can wander around and do a few new sidequests, etc.

What about slides and then keep playing in a gameworld that reflects the changes?

That, but it depends on the game.

Well, it depends on the sandbox/strory driven ratio of the game. Sometimes nothing but a clear-cut ending of the game makes sense.

In FO3, though, it was silly to have it completely end. It's a wide-open, open-ended sandbox, for Pete's sake.

In a game like The Witcher, it doesn't really make sense to still putter around after the ending.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Cloaked Figure said:
BethesdaLove said:
Cloaked Figure said:
BethesdaLove said:
I abstain.
Fail poster. Fail thread. Fail.

go fuck yourself you little ironic piece of shit.

point me to a good thread that you've made. come on, do it. what's wrong?

oh that's right..you are the TRUE FAILURE here bitch, i mean just look at your name, now that is the definition of fail.

woah you srly need to get laid

ok 'cool dude' ill get laid if you fuck your mother and get the fuck out of my thread. you stupid faggot bitch ill come to ur house and rape your wife stupid bitch get the fuck out my thread assh ole btich

this is what worm king actually believes and he tries to hard to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom