Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
TBH these plot ideas sound fun and cool, even if they are also retarded.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahh could ignore the whole retardation if the powers were low level mindflayer abilities. But the whole "god like" shit is preposterously retarded. I have seen third grader's fantasy garbage,and it is more intelligent than this shit lol. Both PoE games and Kingmaker made the retarded decision to include gods as their main focus of the game,and they were the worst part of those games. Modern day writers just can't write a decent divinity story to save their libtard hides. Also both DOS games had increasable retarded written deities in them. First one had cosmic dragon that consumes all the universe that you fight in a small room and dies from a few hits from a sword lol. In DOS2 the writing was all over the place,and it was painful to read. There were demons,some sludge monster bugs,pitiful gods that died from a few hits,etc etc. This should be a good indicator of what to what kind of creative vomit we should expect from BG3. Larian really does need to clean its writing department.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There is a HUGE difference.
Yes,the quality of their writers. Owlcat have between parts with decent/mediocre and great writing. While DOS games are notorious for their sewage tier writing. And yeah,the end part of kingmaker was the worst part of the game,it should have been some mid/low level demigod as your enemy. Really don't like when games get that level of power fantasy retardation.

Incendax

Augur
I mean, the moment the tadpole is inside it starts munching. You're literally brain damaged and getting worse every second. Om nom nom.

Shrimp

Arbiter
A13usaonutL._AC_CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C81n-vxoaEOL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_SX466._SX._UX._SY._UY_.png

Here's your starter equipment my man

ChildInTime

Learned
armies of evil (gnolls, orcs, duergar, goblins, drow, ...)

Bet that's why they don't mention that press-release anywhere. Can't be seen going against the new and improved D&D.

Lol at these gypsies thinking the story is only "tadpole gives super powerzzz".

There's much more to it obviously but it won't be revealed untill the game is out, you dirty low IQ peasants.

This is just retarded, the "plot" by three evil gods is just the repeat of the fucking Tablets of Fate fiasco, that led to Bhaal and Myrkul getting dead in the first place. Have they already forgotten how Ao bitchslapped everyone?

Delterius

Arcane

Melcar

Arcane
Maybe it turns out to be some sort of symbiote shit. I hope we can have full conversations with it. Maybe it will give you quest tips and stuff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It already helps you succeed on checks automatically, so having full-blown conversations with it is not that far off.

Andhaira

Arcane
The more I read about this the more of a bad feeling I get about it.

I really wish they hadn't gone for a Baldur's Gate sequel; there is absolutely no way they could top BG II, not with the abysmal quality of writing & 'humor' they incorporate into their games like D:OS, which turned an otherwise very good game into something I could no longer play after playing around half the game.

They should have gone with a standard D&D game, done their own thing but with the D&D ruleset and TB combat. It would have been incline simply due to these two points.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
in before, feature reveal: import your bg2 save and the bhaalspawn pc is the final boss

That would be pretty RAD. My last BG2 save is with a maxed epic necromancer that soloed SoA on Legacy of Bhaal. No 5e character could even touch him. 3 Horrid Wilting in a chain sequencer followed by 3 skull trap in a spell trigger would destroy even the most broken Pun Pun-like lv 20 5e build...

Good lucky fighting this guy

AxlAp8L.png

7mKfB7p.png

He can OHK dragons and demon lords by fingering then like a Succubus. A thing which no 5e char can do since FoD no longer OHKills

SNhKjWi.png

wSBlumc.png

Tiamat which is the strongest 5e enemy, could die in two round to my BG2 char. I an not joking. 2 * reduce resistance + greater malison in a trigger followed by Za Warudo(stop time), Improved Alacrity and a couple of Finger of Deaths would make her fingered like a Succubus.

Lol at these gypsies thinking the story is only "tadpole gives super powerzzz".

There's much more to it obviously but it won't be revealed untill the game is out, you dirty low IQ peasants.

Is just speculation. However, Larian loves Godhood in their games, hence all divinity games,

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom