Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vincente

Arbiter
1595764239485.png

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Trust only the game you have on your hard disk. Everything said prior to release is nothing more then: polish promise maybe. Everything that can't be made to work before November, will be taken out of game. Expect list of cut features longer then list of countries that banned Jews

kangaxx

Arbiter
Trust only the game you have on your hard disk. Everything said prior to release is nothing more then: polish promise maybe. Everything that can't be made to work before November, will be taken out of game. Expect list of cut features longer then list of countries that banned Jews

In terms of "cut" features, the salt on reddit about a month after it's released and the hype dies down is going to be hilarious.

The level of detail some of the idiots on there seem to expect is nothing short of retarded.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Cut features aren't anything new for games in development - what is really concerning (if anyone here still gives a shit about the game) is how many previously announced and implemented features are getting chopped off so close to release.

typical user

Arbiter
Cut features aren't anything new for games in development - what is really concerning (if anyone here still gives a shit about the game) is how many previously announced and implemented features are getting chopped off so close to release.

They haven't announced anything except for wallrunning and wardrobe which were shown back 2018. You can argue that subway system and dual-wielding were marketed as features due to V's figurine or artworks but it wasn't shown anywhere in the game or confirmed by anyone in the past years.

CDPR could've remain silent and my guessing is they will to avoid more whining.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
FEAR's dual wield pistols are the best ever change my mind.
The Darkness dual wielding was great, each weapon being almost independant.
And weapon behavoir in general was very unique. Guns reacted with different effects and animations to enemy proximity, cover type, player stance etc.

Fargus

Arcane
In Darkness 2 you could dual wield and additionally sodomize your enemies with tentacles or just use them to grab a car door and use it as a bullet shield. Now that was fun.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They haven't announced anything except for wallrunning and wardrobe which were shown back 2018. You can argue that subway system and dual-wielding were marketed as features due to V's figurine or artworks but it wasn't shown anywhere in the game or confirmed by anyone in the past years.

CDPR could've remain silent and my guessing is they will to avoid more whining.

You were supposed to be able to own multiple cribs, properties, apartments etc. and garages which you could fill with your vehicles, a la GTA style. Also you could rearange and customize these properties. You were, until I think late 2018, that is. Not to mention early public commitments to making game as close as possible to its P&P roots. Anyone remember Witcher 2 demo from game that will never be and their promise that it'll be action-3ed person Skyrim? Poles loveee to brag about their game's feature list dick size. Closer you are to release date bed, smaller their game scope dick is until finally after all hype they unzip their pants and completely average albiet nice game dick falls out. Magic of Polish persuasuion. They say Peter Molyneux is Polish on his mother side

tldr: don't drink Polish lies, they had to become master liers through history in order to survive

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In Darkness 2 you could dual wield and additionally sodomize your enemies with tentacles or just use them to grab a car door and use it as a bullet shield. Now that was fun.
Both games were pretty great. It's a shame the IP is dead.

Darkness 1 is probably my most desired PC port ever, and of course will 99.9% likely never happen. It's very rare the kinds of games I'm really into are console exclusive.

Fargus

Arcane

Darkness 1 is probably my most desired PC port ever, and of course will 99.9% likely never happen. It's very rare the kinds of games I'm really into are console exclusive.

Never had the chance to play Darkness 1. Then my xbox360 did me a favor and died like a useless piece of shit plastic it was, and i never bothered with consoles since then. So yeah, Darkness 1 is among the few console exclusives i would really want to play.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Again, my recipe for hype resistance potion and day after release disappointment: trust only in game that my eyes can see on the screen and my game character's hands can touch. Skyrim and "g0yz you can talk to and be friends with the G0ints and c0nvince them t0 t0gether destr0y l0cal means 0f pr0ducti0n!" thaught teenager me to trust only what's on hard disk, not on pages of PC magazine promo. Most of AAA games have longer list of lies about them then features.

Bonus advice: never fall in love with game that doesn't exist on hard disk and you haven't personally completed at least once

Zer0wing

Cipher
Darkness 2 is borefest. Cartooney-balooney borefest. Switching to family-friendly cartoonish style was a mistake, fatalities are not as impressive. That tentacle is a promosing biomod, though.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You were supposed to be able to own multiple cribs, properties, apartments etc. and garages which you could fill with your vehicles, a la GTA style. Also you could rearange and customize these properties. You were, until I think late 2018, that is. Not to mention early public commitments to making game as close as possible to its P&P roots. Anyone remember Witcher 2 demo from game that will never be and their promise that it'll be action-3ed person Skyrim? Poles loveee to brag about their game's feature list dick size. Closer you are to release date bed, smaller their game scope dick is until finally after all hype they unzip their pants and completely average albiet nice game dick falls out. Magic of Polish persuasuion. They say Peter Molyneux is Polish on his mother side
They also removed third-person animation. I can't quite recall if you were supposed to be able to play the game in 1st and 3rd person, or if the third person would only feature during dialogues, but they removed it.

And yet, despite cutting all these features, they still found the time to implement dickgirls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom