Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
I know it's a shitty kind of meme but it still holds true. Fallout fans creating new games themselves instead of mere whining. C'mon guys, Cyberpunk isn't even cancelled.
oqTQTEU.jpg

Hellraiser

Arcane
I know it's a shitty kind of meme but it still holds true. Fallout fans creating new games themselves instead of mere whining. C'mon guys, Cyberpunk isn't even cancelled.
oqTQTEU.jpg

tenor.gif

I was there when the news hit NMA, I have PTSD to this day. You just don't get over what Herve did. It would have been different if the company just when bust and there was no money, but to pull funding and dump it into making Fallout: POS for cunstsoles instead was just a fucking crime. Fuck Herve.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I was there when the news hit NMA, I have PTSD to this day. You just don't get over what Herve did. It would have been different if the company just when bust and there was no money, but to pull funding and dump it in Fallout: POS instead is just a fucking crime. Fuck Herve.
True but both F:Yesterday and unity engine remake are a thing now. So not forgotten.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
tenor.gif

I was there when the news hit NMA, I have PTSD to this day. You just don't get over what Herve did. It would have been different if the company just when bust and there was no money, but to pull funding and dump it into making Fallout: POS for cunstsoles instead was just a fucking crime. Fuck Herve.
Fucking Herve. I was still salty after he murdered Baldur's Gate 3 when he killed Van Buren too, the stupid fucking frog.

Semiurge

Cipher
Saturday nights have nothing on Tuesday nights.

c5c10118b208038bf133af712809b310.jpg

Yeah, why? First I thought it was the answer after so many serious browm/grey popamoles like Gears of War or Call of Duty. But I don't believe that anymore.
Maybe feminist art designer?
25345424-1.jpeg

Could be RL concept art for Rage 2 or the new Far Cry .

Reminded me of Plastic Pony fashions from the 90s.

IMG_1637.JPG

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Last opportunity for the developers to correct the aesthetics so that Night City resembles its true self:

cyberpunk-2020-68999_8cd12_1024x1024.jpg
NightCityCover300dpi_large_23757370-1e4d-4c26-8ed7-d46cda5d0e3f_1024x1024.jpg

1-06da343109.jpg

166051.jpg

259970.jpg

Nooooo, more colour!!!

How the fuck does that above, become this?......

sSP5I9M.png

It's fucking bollocks all the excuses made for the aesthetics of this game. It's gonna be a steaming pile of bull spunk.

Bottom right looks like Final Fantasy 15. :incline:

Terenty

Liturgist
Fuck me, now that i've gotten a bit acquainted with Cyberpunk 2020 skills and perks (read a bit on the web) Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be nothing more than a Witcher 3 with guns.

Truly pathetic how they gutted the rpg system in favour of the "cinematic" experience

Hellraiser

Arcane
Terenty what do you mean? Next to 0 use outside of combat?
Yeah, CP2020 has like 10 dedicated social skills(interrogation, persuasion, streetwise, etc.) CP2077 has none as far as i know.

The bigger problem IMO is that FNFF is completely ignored. Pondsmith went and talked with cops and SWAT to build a combat and wound system that is rooted in the reality of gunfights and anatomy. CDP is instead serving us bullet sponges judging by the boss fight gameplay.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are people just now realizing this game is a shooter with a cyberpunk aesthetic?
I was actually surprised a few weeks ago when I read that the developers call the game an action adventure game. It's a little sad that they themselves don't consider it an RPG anymore.

Vatnik Wumao
Why are people just now realizing this game is a shooter with a cyberpunk aesthetic?
I was actually surprised a few weeks ago when I read that the developers call the game an action adventure game. It's a little sad that they themselves don't consider it an RPG anymore.
Well, it was never going to be more of an RPG than TW3. I guess that by outright calling it an action adventure game, they'll try to get more of the Ubisoft & co. crowd to play it.

Frozen

Arcane
Potatos really unprofessional again.

Slavs are only efficient if supervised by slave drivers and wiped into working.

They need strong hand to lead.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

They are giving a mixed message. On all the outlets it is described as ”open world, action adventure story”, but some of the devs posting in the net insist on it being a ”HC RPG”.

Terenty

Liturgist
I have a conspiracy theory that the character customization is a remnant from the time they wanted to do a proper rpg game.

There were reports of it having been restarted somewhere during development when they realised creating a proper adaptation of the pnp was too much of a hassle, and going the Witcher 3 route was more preferable.

So they decided to make a predefined character ala Geralt, with little to no rp, but dumping character customisation outright meant exposing their game for not actually being an rpg, so they decided to leave it as is as a smoke screen.

Everything checks out now

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Pondsmith went and talked with cops and SWAT to build a combat and wound system for that is rooted in the reality of gunfights and anathomy, CDP is instead serving us bullet sponges judging by the boss fight gameplay.

This is the story of the old school vs. the new school in all media.

Gargaune

Magister

They are giving a mixed message. On all the outlets it is described as ”open world, action adventure story”, but some of the devs posting in the net insist on it being a ”HC RPG”.
Not too worried about that sort of thing, see the beginning of this early Deus Ex interview with Spector up to the 1:40 mark. What does concern me about their marketing is that we've seen a tons of garish bling, but only short gameplay scenes of late. The only coherent play segments that come to mind are the Malestrom meeting and maybe the Trauma Team rescue, neither of which were "long", really. Hard to get a solid feel for how the game plays beyond shooty-shoot and I'm worried that "dungeon" missions might be rather short, in the same vein as The Witcher 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom