Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have problem running Trudograd on Linux its loads fine, I can make character but game crashes to desktop after moment of working loading screen. Have no problem playing Original Atom though Comrades.

Oh I run Ubuntu 20.04 Nvidia 1050 Card 2G Vram, 4 cores AMD Phenom II processor and 8 mega bytes of RAM should be more than enough to run the game and yet it crashes all the time.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year guys! 2020 almost beaten. My country announced curfew for the holidays like a wacky police state, so Trudograd is constantly on my mind. It's time for some replies to the thread. Sorry for missing out earlier, it was a hell of a December. We're posting a huge year summary doc on Steam later this day and I'll probably repost it here. We're even sharing cryptic plans for the future! But now...

Again I have been bested! Thanks for reposting our post!
It's all true! The big update is out, you can ram people with that new armor of yours. For extra points put it on a companion! Just kidding! Wear it yourself!!!
The fighting arena is very cool in the update, and also the fact your dog will finally be remembered. Making this one was a walk in the park! A lava park. More to come... If anyone plays Early Access your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

You know, Atomboy the only two "RPGs" of this year are CP2077 and Valhalla.
If you release Trudograd now (and if poll would be honest) it would make it CODEX GOTY!

yes I'm just trying to trick you to release it already
TRUDOGRAD WHEN
Well, the deadline for Trudograd the 8 hour long DLC was actually this December, but we grew past that! I doubt that it will take long in 2021. Will probably finish before May.
So what percentage would you say it’s finished now? Want to give it another whirl.
Well, actually, it's around 65 to 70 percent done, but if we make EVERYTHING planned including all 100% of the side content we plannet, it's like 60% done. However, you might notice that on Steam we said it's half ready at launch. But this was before we expanded the idea almost twofold. The last update added around 4 hours. Problem is that playtime total is divided between two factions. So you get a couple of hours extra as a militia man and couple of hours extra as a Revolutionary with some of their quests differing a lot. The power armor turned out better than I expected, so at the very least your short new adventure is going to be fun. As a bonus if you start from the beginning you'll get to meet a lot of NPCs that we only just now added to old locations which some players didn't find yet!
Of course, this transformation required significantly more time than we originally planned for

Oh boy
Don't be sad! It's gonna be bigger than planned tho!
Well who am I kidding we all know what usually happens when a dev says he will need more time to polish up the product... We're not like that tho! Honest!
I have problem running Trudograd on Linux its loads fine, I can make character but game crashes to desktop after moment of working loading screen. Have no problem playing Original Atom though Comrades.

Oh I run Ubuntu 20.04 Nvidia 1050 Card 2G Vram, 4 cores AMD Phenom II processor and 8 mega bytes of RAM should be more than enough to run the game and yet it crashes all the time.
Damn, I'm so sorry I missed this one. Can you send us a save with the copypasta of this post to support@atomrpg.com ? A crash log would be awesome too. It's called Player.Log in Windows it is formed when the crash happens and is located in AppData, can't look up where that corresponds to a Linux system but I'm sure it's out there. Two of three programmers are on duty and will probably help you out before new years if it's fixable at the moment. Since I'm necro posting though an update might have solved your issue by now. But even so, if you get another, just email us. We're sometimes too busy to interact on Codex GOG or Steam directly, but the email is always with us!!!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1139940/view/3954689055186292620

a04b4e3bbc1965bf1c83f7d14ccd0717804283d8.jpg

Greetings, dear friends!

Soon this year will end. And what a year it was. We had our share of grief, like most. Yet it was also quite productive for our games. Here, we would like to share with you a small summary of everything we managed to do, as well as give you a brief look into our team’s future goals.

The main achievement of 2020 for us is undoubtedly the launch of ATOM RPG: Trudograd into Early Access. The game, which was planned as a small add-on to the original quickly grew due to your fair criticism, ideas and recommendations.

Due to your feedback, a lot of new mechanics were added to the game, such as area of effect attacks in melee, new throwing weapon features, special armor abilities.
We made new animations, widened the initially planned locations, made new side quests, improved on the game’s graphics and soundscape.

Of course these new features also extended Trudograd’s estimated time of arrival, since it is now a much more serious project than planned. But we are entirely sure the wait will be worth it.

Apart from that, in 2020 we continued improving our first game ATOM RPG. Listening to your wishes, we ported it to a wide variety of platforms like iOS[apps.apple.com], Android [play.google.com]and Nintendo Switch[www.nintendo.com].

We also continued our work on the original Steam version of the game, eradicating new bugs you helped us find, improving on compatibility with weaker computers, and most importantly adding new translations. It is thanks to volunteers from our community that the game has received French, Spanish, Chinese and Italian translations, with several more in the beta stage and even more to come!

Now we would like to share our plans for 2021.

c474f1972e54f20318ef07bcab83105bc834e471.jpg

First of all, we would like to mention Trudograd. The development of this game is our number one priority and it won’t even stop for Winter holidays. In the upcoming months we will show off new interesting locations and will add new characters and quests to those areas that already exist.

In the major updates that will precede Trudograd’s launch, you will get to see new regions outside the city walls, with their own unique visuals, random encounters and enemies.
You will visit Trudograd’s Hydro-Electric Plant which produces power for the city, as well as a desolate village not yet swallowed by the metropolis.

You will also be able to venture up onto the second tier of Trudograd to see how the richer people live. You will even get to reach Seventh Heaven and see the authorities of the metropolis!
Our other plans include:

Porting ATOM RPG for XBOX and Playstation consoles, just like some of you always wanted us to do.
Making Bombagun, a mini-game some of you enjoyed in Trudograd into a standalone free app for iOS and Android.

5865430308304c6c437143d4131ef5d245c31d5c.jpg

Launching the full version of Trudograd and actively supporting it.

There is another big project planned for 2021, but it’s too early to share any details about it. As soon as design documents and first batches of concept art are ready, however, we will show and tell of everything we have conceived in this regard, and we really hope that you are going to like it! :)

In the end of this summary, we would like to wish you all a happy New Year. We really hope that you will all stay safe and healthy, as well get to have amazing holidays!

We are truly thankful for everything you did this year. Without your helpful reviews, ideas, suggestions and the way you spread information about our games, we would have achieved nothing!

Thank you for staying with us… And let there be ATOM!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey Atomboy since ur here i wanted to ask if there are any plans to add new animations/moves for martial arts
Yeah! Some were added in the latest update, some are still receiving some work before publishing. There are AOE attacks, a lot of new finishers, as well as general melee improvements.

jackofshadows

Magister
Making port for players 'who don't have a PC but wanna play ATOM' is still mindblowing idea to me. In a bad way.

Comparison ATOM RPG ~ more wacky Fallout 2 while TG ~ more grim and naturalistic Fallout 1 seem kinda odd but lets wait for the full TD version.

The most interesting question imo was about balance between vision and feedback but Antonboy have said that players weren't suggestion anything too crazy anyway and the only thing that keeping from implementing stuff was time/resources/cost. He could've been in diplomatic mode tho, because while there's plenty solid feedback in the dedicated TG steam topic, general amount of absolutely crazy suggesions is off the charts from people who just don't play games much I guess.

Pointing out Underrail and AoD among 'other similiar successful games' - respect.

They're also kinda looking at nuXCOM's pseudo random % hit chance system inspiration wise on what I can suggest instead: better yet look at Colony Ship's system when player can simply choose preferable one via options: two kind of pseudo or true random.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://turnbasedlovers.com/overview/atom-rpg-trudograd-hands-on/

ATOM RPG: Trudograd – Hands On!

In the past years I tried a lot of Fallout flavored indie games. There were so many of them it was almost impossible to distinguish one from another. Some of them were just a waste of time, while some others were, at best, a momentary lapse of “nostalgic pleasure”.

In no order of importance I can remember Krai Mira, Skyshine’s BEDLAM, Fallen: A2P Protocol and many more. Needless to say that none of them was able to represent a real alternative to the original Fallout.

Many times I wondered about the reason of this strange phenomenon. I mean, if between 2015 and 2019 so many developers tried to create a Fallout clone, there had to be a cause.

Now, I know that many of you may disagree with me, but I think that the “culprit” of this damned trend was Bethesda with its Fallout 4. I mean, after the release of that game (back in 2015), there were so many people disappointed by that sort of “sci-fi Skyrim”, that probably many indie developers felt compelled to fill that gap.

Mind you, I’m not saying that Fallout 4 was a bad or even an ugly game, but, at least for me, it failed to deliver what many fans of the original game asked for years. Maybe this is the reason why we’re still looking for a real heir of Fallout 2…

ss_020ca33ff0af82e0ed08595c5e63ad8a37d21b48.1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

THE PAST

“The past is always tense, the future perfect.
– Z. Smith

Two years ago, TBL published a review about a little known game called ATOM RPG. One of the most significant statement of the review was: “ATOM RPG is practically a replica of Fallout dilogy“.

Actually that statement didn’t mean that the game was the umpteenth uninspired clone of Fallout, on the contrary, for the reviewer Atom RPG represented, somehow, the long awaited successor to Fallout 2.

Obviously it wasn’t a “perfect game”.

It had some weird game design decisions, some balancing problems with weapons and skills and… a lot of bugs, but we cannot forget that we’re talking about a very complex game developed by a very small indie studio.

Despite these flaws, Atom RPG had a lot to offer: many interesting non-linear quests, nice and weird characters and, above all, a great post-apocalyptic mood.

ss_59b4c92838fa340e0363606b4a4ce229021bb240.1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

THE PRESENT

“Don’t let the past steal your present.”
– T. Caldwell

Now, let’s talk about Trodograd.

Atom Team defines its new creature like “a stand-alone sequel/expansion” of the first chapter, promising to bring with it a truckload of new content for their fans.

First thing first, it is important to consider that even if this is a stand alone game, and not a simple expansion, Trudograd continues the story of Atom RPG, so it is strongly recommended playing the previous title before the sequel. In fact when you start the game for the very first time you have the chance to transfer your hero from the previous game, with its baggage of “choices-and-consequences”. If you don’t have a previous save, don’t worry, there is the possibility to start a new game from the scratch. In this case you will have to answer to a conspicuous amount of questions, during a sort of “dreamish” dialogue with a very mysterious character.

The beginning of the story behind this new chapter is rather obvious: America and the USSR nuked each other, so millions died and the society collapsed (a true wave of optimism!).

In this new “Middle Ages”, you, as a member of ATOM (an organization tasked with protecting the post-apocalyptic remnants of humanity), are sent to a post-apocalyptic metropolis to find an experimental pre-war weapon, in order to save the humanity from a new terrible menace (coming directly from the space!).

That being said, let’s see which are the main features of the game.

ss_f3beed8289a9491d5e30e6b1d00ece74044e7874.1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

One of the first thing I noticed is that this time the world of the game is smaller.

The whole adventure of Trudograd takes place in one (big) city, divided into five districts. It is possible to move from one district to another thanks to a flat world map (yeah, very Fallout style), triggering sometimes random encounters.

And here comes the first and, maybe, only flaw of the game: the combat system.

I’ve to confess I’ve never finished the first installment of the series, because of its weak and boring combat system. Unfortunately, right now, the situation in Trudograd is, more or less, the same.

I’m playing to Wasteland 3 right now, and, even if its combat system it’s not perfect, it is at least very funny. Fighting in Trodograd, instead, is simply boring.

Obviously we cannot forget that we’re talking about a game in Early Access and that there is still a long road ahead before the full release. I believe that with some little improvements (e.g. the possibility to directly control your companions or a smart implementation of covers) the combat system may become rather entertaining.

Luckily the combat system represent just a little portion of the game.

Like in every true and good RPG, in Trudograd any situation can be resolved in many different ways, so that skills like Speechcraft or Survival can be even more important than the fighting skills.

How many times we’ve heard lies like “the quests can be completed without killing anyone“. Well this time it is all true! The dialogues section of the game is top-notch and during a conversation you can, not only earn a bunch of XP, but also gain items and solve quests, everything without firing a single bullet!

ss_7ef99c13c10178a6096af328ce35681734a6510b.1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

In addiction to that, Trodograd boast one of the most intriguing setting of recent years. The marriage between the post-apocalyptic setting and the Russian culture is really fascinating, and it’s clear how much effort the developers (and the writers) put onto this aspect of the game.

THE FUTURE

“The future starts today, not tomorrow.”
– Pope John Paul II

That being said, the most important question now is: what can we expect for the full release? Well, it is hard to say. For now we can say that Trudograd has a lot of potential, and it could even become one of the best true-CRPG of 2021, if only the combat wasn’t so boring…

P.S. Talking about Fallout flavored indie games, I cannot forget to mention one of the best releases of recent years. I’m referring to UnderRail. If you have never heard of it or tried it, go to right the wrongs, immediately :)!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1139940/announcements/detail/3055099040624723803

V0.8: The Special Armor Update!

Greetings friends!

Today we’re launching another update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd Early Access.

While not continuing the main plot, Update 0.8 has brought new side missions and several dozens of new characters to meet and work for, as well as many fixes to most mechanics.

You will be able to finish the previously unfinished side-quests, visit a pre-war military training installation, upgrade your special armor with some top-secret tech, or rest a while near the newly revamped Peremech Kiosk!

We really hope that this new update will be to your liking, and as always we hope to hear back from you. Our Steam forums and social media pages are always open for your ideas, suggestions and critiques.

In case you stumble upon some bug, you can always write to us via support@atomrpg.com providing the error description and your Player.log file. We’ll conjure up a fix in no time.

Thank you for being with us, and let there be ATOM!

38f2469ccde5f54af4a869212009bb6c69e7925d.jpg
5d5a4d123ec1d1eb6c03131e74e1db2c28b09787.jpg
3eafa8b444c587255fbbd1fb7bc856a2834dc176.jpg
cfceacb84f45c7a524e74cdebf3c866511f77f7d.jpg
5b974852b15087cc9a111dd81083a9cf0a1adf41.jpg

Changelog:
  • Added two modification options for the special armor via Armen in the Factory;
  • Added Francis Liao’s assignment;
  • Added new characters and quests for already existing locations, such as Docks, Police station, Rusty Quarter and Mikhalych’s Tavern;
  • Added new random encounters;
  • Added a location outside of city walls;
  • Reworked previous random encounter mechanics;
  • Merchants now have more money and add to their stock more often;
  • Tea and coffee effects prolonged;
  • Mod replacement no longer makes weapons disappear;
  • Dash move trajectory fixed;
  • Fixed issue that caused freezing during fights on the market;
  • Fixed issue with burst firing at certain enemies causing game to freeze;
  • Fixed issue which led to save corruption when using modifications on the special armor;
  • Fixed issue with special armor transfer working incorrectly during text quests;
  • Fixed all bugs in Mutant Underground Lair;
  • Fixed an issue during the Labor Strike quest;
  • Items floating in thin air fixed;
  • A large assortment of minor and rare bugs fixed.

kreight

That yellow car on the second screen. Is that Zaporozhets? ZAZ-968 aka "Soapbox"? Manufactured by ZAZ in Ukraine in 1970s.

jackofshadows

Magister
So this is the anticipated news. I was hoping for message about no more EA updates and/or a release date reveal already. Oh well. At least it hopefully means that future release will be more polished given so extensive EA testing. Judging by steam hub activity some people are actually playing EA.

kreight

May is planned release date.
Hi! We explained the decision of making Trudograd a full game instead of a small stand-alone DLC in the last update posts, and it seems like the majority of the community agrees that it's a good thing, since even the current unfinished version of the game is longer than the game we originally planned and announced to take half a year or so to develop.

We believe May to be the right time for full version release, unless anything goes wrong (or extremely right, in which case it will be released before May).

It's only natural to suspect any Early Access title of being a cash grab that will never deliver on promises, so I completely understand and respect your question, but I also really hope you'll follow our news and updates more here, or on social media if you're interested in the game, because the things we publish here and on Twitter always show what we're up to, and display living proof that we work all day every day, collaborate with the community, always share our decisions and ask for player opinions as well as never give up on our projects.

kreight

Release is planned for May. Note that there's basically no coverage of this game in western media. Not woke enough, not mainstream enough, too much soviet. Remember how they heavily covered that "communist" game Disco Elysium?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Release is planned for May. Note that there's basically no coverage of this game in western media. Not woke enough, not mainstream enough, too much soviet. Remember how they heavily covered that "communist" game Disco Elysium?
It's best to keep the Eye of Sauron off this gem, lest they insist it be woke-ified and otherwise sullied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom