Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Jovian System is an upcoming followup to Titan Outpost featuring zero-G turn-based combat

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why no GOG (or itch)?

Is there concern about diluting sales across platforms, making the game appear to be less popular on each of them? I have seen other devs cite this as a reason for consolidating on Steam.
Titan Outpost was rejected by GOG.
To everyone holding out hope for a GoG release: Not gonna happen. This was sent to me about two weeks ago:

"Thanks for reaching us again.

We've taken another closer look at the game and while we find it really fun, I'm afraid we are not confident enough to release the game on GOG platform.

If you have any other games in the future that might be a better fit for GOG, please let us know, and hopefully we’ll be able to work together."

I asked them to clarify what they mean by 'a better fit for GOG', but I've had no reply. Joke's on me for trying to engage with a boilerplate response, I guess. This is definitely a less personal approach than what they were doing before.

GOG only allows high quality games on their platform like Princess Evangile W Happiness

I made a thread about this a long time ago, to make a list of rejected games.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/list-of-oldschool-rpgs-rejected-by-gog.128345/

Some pretty high-quality indie RPGs among them.

Guess they're just too old-school for Good Old Games to have an interest in, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Fucking Gog. I have seen a lot of shit this is neither an old game, old style, or much of anything. GoG being a big douche so more lesbian VN can go up or shit like that.

GOG only allows high quality games on their platform like Princess Evangile W Happiness
Game details

Genre:
Adventure - Visual Novel - Narrative
Works on:
Windows (7, 8, 10)
Release date:
July 29, 2017

Go figure.....

uOr0HZu.jpg

qX7fYxI.jpg

b7dU5zK.jpg

QRAxBOB.jpg

HER0jAK.jpg

dmQx4v1.jpg

hIYuL74.jpg

ydJOfc9.jpg

5SAY6N8.jpg
GOG - The perving

Last edited by a moderator:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Yes, Titan Outpost was declined by GoG. Nothing to do with diluting the player base or anything, just plain old bizarre curation.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, Titan Outpost was declined by GoG. Nothing to do with diluting the player base or anything, just plain old bizarre curation.

This is why Steam's "anyone can publish his game here, no matter how shit" policy is much better than any sort of curation. You may have to sift through a lot of shit to find the gems, but at least the gems exist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom