Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life is Strange: True Colors from Before the Storm devs

Venser

Erudite
So this is gonna be the first Life Is Strange that's gonna be released all at once (still broken down into 4 episodes).
I was hoping for much better graphics tho, even from the trailer I can already notice the lip syncing issues. I expected at least Twin Mirror level graphics and that would also be a low bar. So since True Colors doesn't look that much better than the original LiS and BTS, I wonder what are they gonna do with the remaster.

It's funny the remaster will come out on PS4 and Xbox One, the same platform the original games launched from. No next gen system mentioned lmao

Also Dontnod is done with Life is Strange for good

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I always defended LiS 1 against the "too woke" allegations, but this looks like the main character has been designed by tumblr twitter blue checks. The trailer itself wasn't too woke and murder mystery and the special power are potentially interesting, but I'll wait to see more.

Venser

Erudite
Il loved the first Life Is Strange. Before the Storm wasn't as good but I still liked it. Haven't played Life Is Strange 2. I see Steph from Before The Storm is in this one and you can romance her. She was one of the better side characters.

EDIT: Steph DLC chapter already announced.

ultimate-edition.png

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite

Yeah wtf is up with those prices? LIS games were super cheap until now. I bought physical collector's editions of every game when it came out and they included, physical art book, CD soundrack, digital goodies and in case of LiS 2 even vinyl and figurines. They were $35 each on release.

Last edited:

WallaceChambers

Learned
Looks better than Life is Strange 2 but so does the shit I took this morning. At least it's a mystery story again and the main character has the power. A character who could actually, you know, use it.

For a mystery adventure game the power to see if people are hiding their emotions and being able to manipulate those emotions could be pretty cool. I'm not overwhelmed with confidence that Deck Nine will capitalize on that but I wont write the game off just yet.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, I must came our of the closet: genuinely liked the first game, liked the prequel even more, and didn't play the second installment because I've heard it is an SJW trainwreck. So no idea will I try it or not, should wait for reviews.

WallaceChambers

Learned
Well, I must came our of the closet: genuinely liked the first game, liked the prequel even more, and didn't play the second installment because I've heard it is an SJW trainwreck. So no idea will I try it or not, should wait for reviews.

Well, if you liked the prequel then you're in luck because this is by the same developer, Deck Nine. Unfortunately for me I thought Before The Storm was very underwhelming but I'm willing to see what they can do with their own characters and setting.

Boleskine

Arcane
I appreciate that the protagonist seems to potentially be non-binary or non-cishet, but why is she not also black and/or disabled?

Her name 'Alex Chen' implies part-Asian ethnicity, yet it also feels like the developers did not want to fully commit to multicultural representation.

Codex Year of the Donut
I appreciate that the protagonist seems to potentially be non-binary or non-cishet, but why is she not also black and/or disabled?

Her name 'Alex Chen' implies part-Asian ethnicity, yet it also feels like the developers did not want to fully commit to multicultural representation.
Is this post available in english?

vonAchdorf

Arcane

She's not heterosexual, because the announcement presents two possible romantic partners, who are read as male and female.

Il loved the first Life Is Strange. Before the Storm wasn't as good but I still liked it. Haven't played Life Is Strange 2. I see Steph from Before The Storm is in this one and you can romance her. She was one of the better side characters.

EDIT: Steph DLC chapter already announced.

ultimate-edition.png
Do you like Steph because she is a super lesbian or because she loves to play D&D?

(Yes, I have played before the Storm and it was a total waste of time.)

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I liked LiS, and would have liked more, but somehow Before the Storm felt fishy, so I never bought and played it.

WallaceChambers

Learned
But Before The Storm is even better than original game from emotional side.

Strong disagree on that one. There's nothing in Before The Storm that's on par with
Kate's subplot, the assisted suicide scene with Chloe or the final choice.

Most of the drama in BtS did not land with me because the character development was so rushed that it felt unearned.
The worst part was probably when Elliot went psycho because Chloe was hanging out with Rachel too much AKA like a week. Nevermind the fact that his character was barely a factor in the story until that point. So you don't get his feelings of betrayal properly established.

I did like that D&D scene, though.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
But Before The Storm is even better than original game from emotional side.

Strong disagree on that one. There's nothing in Before The Storm that's on par with
Kate's subplot, the assisted suicide scene with Chloe or the final choice.

Most of the drama in BtS did not land with me because the character development was so rushed that it felt unearned.
The worst part was probably when Elliot went psycho because Chloe was hanging out with Rachel too much AKA like a week. Nevermind the fact that his character was barely a factor in the story until that point. So you don't get his feelings of betrayal properly established.

I did like that D&D scene, though.

Well, it's subjective I think. I liked LiS, and then I played BtS and liked it even more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom