Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trying to remember a very old game...

JDR13

Arcane
Yeah, it's another one of those "Help me find this game" threads.

I don't know why, but a game I played as a kid popped into my head today, and it's driving me nuts trying to find anything about it on the net. It was a 2D underwater game where you controlled a dolphin (?). I'm 99% sure it was a dolphin. I remember being able to accelerate and leap out of the water.

I'm not sure about the platform, but this is going way back so it might have been the Atari 2600 or something like that. There was actually a game called 'Dolphin' for the 2600, but that's not it. There's also a possibility that it was an old Windows game, but I think it's more likely that it was on a console.

It's not Ecco the Dolphin or any game in that series.

You could swim in any direction and transition to a new screen by going left, right, and (I think) up/down as well. I don't remember much about the actual gameplay, but I think it was very simplistic. The BGM was simplistic as well but managed to be atmospheric in some way.

Vague I know, but I can't remember anything else about it at the moment. Googling any combination of the words dolphin and video game only brings up links to the Ecco titles.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It would help if you could explain how the game you remember differs from Dolphin for the Atari VCS/2600, as better graphics, for example, would exclude other games for that system.

33340-dolphin-atari-2600-front-cover.jpg

56562-dolphin-atari-2600-screenshot-the-game-demo-screen.gif
56563-dolphin-atari-2600-screenshot-running-from-the-squid.gif

56564-dolphin-atari-2600-screenshot-watch-out-for-the-column-of-sea.gif
56565-dolphin-atari-2600-screenshot-the-squid-is-closing-in.gif

Only thing that kinda comes to mind for me is Salmon Run on the Atari 800, but judging from your memories that sounds like it's not it.

JDR13

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom